• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1955

I am beginning to see " More Salvation" in scripture than I had first thought was there. But the more of that I see, strangely, the more I see many believers are against it.

In example, in Job 23:13, its obviously referring to God, "But he is of one mind and who can turn him? And what his soul desires, that he does." Well now, nothing strange here, nothing that would rile the feathers of some believers. Its just saying that God is of one mind, and who can turn him from what he purposes. It plainly states that God does whatever he desires to do.

Okay, so no bone crushing crusaders would be against this verse, but boy, if you combine it with 1 Tim. 2:3-4, and the " Mileage of Salvation is significantly increased", many believers start having a problem with so much salvation. Job states that God gets what he desires; here in 1 Tim. 2:3-4 it explains what God desires;" For this is Good and Acceptable in the sight of our Savior, who " Desires ALL men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." God desires all humans to be saved, and he gets what he desires.

The " Increase in Salvation " here is simply incredible, and it states that this increased Salvation, is both " Good and Acceptable" to God our Savior. I wonder why this increased Salvation is not good and unacceptable to many believers? Its like they think God does " Not" get what he wants.

Interesting dynamic here , one that if you believe it, it could get you frowned on by some believers, for desiring too many to be saved.

Or believing it. Yet its right there in scripture. And I like the increased Salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I guess I'm not comprehending your point? Yes God wants all to be saved-its stated so in John 3:16. Unless one believes in predestination, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that, unless your suggesting that in the end everyone will go to heaven, regardless of whether they made a commitment to Christ or not.

My point is that I am finding more salvation in the bible, and I could not find it if it were not there. In my view, people who do not accept Christ, NEED salvation; they don't " Need to be dismissed from it by believers." But so many believers look at how sinners and unbelievers " Do not accept Christ", and they are ready to " Write off their salvation." I am not like that, I see way too much " Hope in Christ", and I refuse to write off unbelievers; because unbelief did not stop me. In Luke 5:32 Jesus himself taught that he did NOT come to call the righteous, ( or believers who " Accept him"), but he came to bring sinners, ( or unaccepting unbelievers), to repentance." I see " More Salvation" in what Jesus taught here.

I mean certain believers can treat themselves as being special and mist treat unbelievers, if that is their desire; but I see MORE salvation for unaccepting unbelievers, because its there for them in scripture. Jesus came here for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

The " Increase in Salvation " here is simply incredible, and it states that this increased Salvation, is both " Good and Acceptable" to God our Savior. I wonder why this increased Salvation is not good and unacceptable to many believers? Its like they think God does " Not" get what he wants.

The issue before us is how do we reconcile Job 23:13 with 1 Tim 2:1-4?  On one hand we read that whatever God desires He obtains, and on the other hand we read that God desires the salvation of all humanity without exception.  The logical conclusion would be that all men will be saved (Universalism). 

The "catch" is that while God desires the salvation of every sinner, He does not and will not compel men to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.  Whereas God COMMANDS all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30), He does not compel them to obey.  Obedience to the Gospel must be a heart response, and every human being is free to either receive Christ or reject Him.  And that is why all men will not be saved.  See John 3:14-21.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I am beginning to see " More Salvation" in scripture than I had first thought was there. But the more of that I see, strangely, the more I see many believers are against it.

In example, in Job 23:13, its obviously referring to God, "But he is of one mind and who can turn him? And what his soul desires, that he does." Well now, nothing strange here, nothing that would rile the feathers of some believers. Its just saying that God is of one mind, and who can turn him from what he purposes. It plainly states that God does whatever he desires to do.

Okay, so no bone crushing crusaders would be against this verse, but boy, if you combine it with 1 Tim. 2:3-4, and the " Mileage of Salvation is significantly increased", many believers start having a problem with so much salvation. Job states that God gets what he desires; here in 1 Tim. 2:3-4 it explains what God desires;" For this is Good and Acceptable in the sight of our Savior, who " Desires ALL men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." God desires all humans to be saved, and he gets what he desires.

Interesting dynamic here , one that if you believe it, it could get you frowned on by some believers, for desiring too many to be saved.

Or believing it. Yet its right there in scripture. And I like the increased Salvation.

Who is Jesus to you ?

Is He your Lord and Savior?

I don't really understand either what you mean by increased Salvation?

Well I disagree, the book of Revelations is slap full of how God will " Compel this earth"; in fact, he will " Impale it!' I don't know where believers get this idea that God will not compel humans to believe. In fact, let me share with you this Holy Vow made by God himself, his only Holy Vow he made to himself in scripture. And its quite compelling; in Isaiah 45:23, " I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return to me void, that to me, EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue shall swear to me!"

Compelling! Simply compelling! And again it is also MORE salvation here, than I have seen in most believing churches and what they teach combined! God has SWORN, by his own holiness, that to him, every single human being will swear alligence to him and every human will bow to him; oh the hope of salvation here is GREATLY increased for humanity.

Its incredible! And I know many believers will fight against this great salvation. Its more grace than I have ever imagined.

To me Jesus is the " Savior of the World."

And increased Salvation means its more, way more salvation than most believers have limited it to.

Its so, so interesting; you start talking about " More Salvation", and some believers actually take issue with it.

Wow!

As if more salvation is a negative thing or something??

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

To me Jesus is the " Savior of the World."

And increased Salvation means its more, way more salvation than most believers have limited it to.

Is He your Savior too?

And what did He do you do?

I understand you have a desire to question my salvation, to riddle my personage with proof and ID; but Angels4u, allow me to say that my salvation does not depend on how I answer the questions of another believer, because I already know if they don't like something, they condemn it. Jesus is the Savior of the world, no matter how Christians seek to question the world or other believers, Jesus has been sent to save it. In 1 John 4:14, " And we have seen and do testify  that the Father has sent the Son " To be the Savior of the World!" God sent Jesus here to save everybody, not just those Christians approve of.

And this is GREAT news for the world! Its MORE salvation, because Jesus is not being picky, he came to seek and save all the unrighteous unbelievers that religion looks so often to condemn. For him to be the " Savior of the World", then he must save the world; oh how good of a news that is for unbelievers!

That's way more salvation than I had first believed.