angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

That doesn't really answer my question, but I suppose we are coming at this from two angles. 

1. If God judges a nation (and all who live within it) on a majority basis, then we are all lost.

2. If God judges the individual heart, then it matters not where we live.

Do you agree?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Are we speaking of temporal judgment or eternal judgment?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

My goal? To be saved by grace and do the best I can to follow my Lord and savior in the meantime. As for whatever "nation" I live in, or the "piling up" of sins, I cannot speak for others. It saddens me that it is a reality, but I cannot answer for their sins. Only one could accomplish that.

• 2 weeks later...

My goal? To be saved by grace and do the best I can to follow my Lord and savior in the meantime. As for whatever "nation" I live in, or the "piling up" of sins, I cannot speak for others. It saddens me that it is a reality, but I cannot answer for their sins. Only one could accomplish that.

when someone enlists in the military,do they pledge to "do their best" or to "do whatever they are told to do " ?    there is a VERY BIG difference ....

Jeff, I don't see the relevance of your question to what ATGNAT said?

simple.    do you do what yahweh says to do every day, or something else ? (to be expanded upon later, if yahweh permits)

think it's hard?   in the military, they totally expect(except in some training/testing/challenges perhaps) the soldiers, even brand new soldiers ,

to do what they are told<ordered> to do, even if they expect to die as a result, with no exceptions (sometimes especially in war time subject to courtmartial/prison/death  even if they had "good reason" to disobey) .....

when someone enlists in the military,do they pledge to "do their best" or to "do whatever they are told to do " ?    there is a VERY BIG difference ....

Jeff, I don't see the relevance of your question to what ATGNAT said?

Are you saying you obey God perfectly?    Are you saying you are without sin?

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The truth is the most important thing to me.  Jesus is truth and He is my Lord and Savior.  Sometimes I get benefit from reading all the red letters in the Bible.  It comforts me to know what Jesus said.

Amen Kim, sometimes I just go through the red verses.  Jesus said I am the way the Truth and the life.  The truth is what sets us free.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

:mgkey: Spoken with love...the truth is golden!  Spoken without love...it is destructive.  :fryingpan:

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64

:mgkey: Spoken with love...the truth is golden!  Spoken without love...it is destructive.  :fryingpan:

Well said, Seabrook, well said!!   :amen:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

As in Christ Himself, grace and truth should be inseparable.  The sad fact is that when God's truth is attacked or rejected, then grace becomes phony also.  Today, as never before, Bible truth is under tremendous attack.  As as example, when homosexuality is promoted as an acceptable lifestyle, there is neither grace nor truth in that hoax, and Satan is behind the so-called "Gay Movement".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus prayed for his disciples and in John 17:17 he prayed "sanctify them by thy truth, thy word is truth". By saying that truth is important to us, (which it is of  the utmost importance to me) we are saying the word is important to us.

In the "world" we have no absolutes, therefore whatever a person wants to believe is truth to that person. Truth to a Christian must be upheld in the Scriptures which are absolutely true. Our faith and our future rely on the truth of Scripture. We must believe that what God says He will do He will do or we have nothing more than a fantasy like the "world" believes in.

Jesus says he is the truth so no Christian can deny the importance of it. IMO  :biggrin2: