• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Joe the point is that the apostles didn't teach the believers to have healing ministries in Acts. 

I am not appealing to men, I am appealing to the record of Scripture. 

If you are going after the WoF  camp, you are wallowing in false teaching.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, You Are 67 Years Too Late

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

For My Faith Is In The Word (WoF), In The B-I-B-L-E

Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. Proverbs 30:7-9

Yet It Is Up To Folk To Believe Or Mock

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:3

And Jesus Did Not Leave Us

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John  14:12

Without HIS Blessings

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

Guest shiloh357

Joe, when I say "WoF"  you know exactly what I mean.   I am talking about the heretical movement that teaches things that shipwreck people.  To try the old bait and switch is rather dishonest.

I am not mocking anyone.   These WoF people are false teachers and they are not teaching the Bible.   They are charlatans who make the Bible an object of mockery and bring a reproach upon Christ.

You can't really address the problem the book of Acts presents for your position, so you ignore it.   But you are going to have to deal with it at some point.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, shiloh357.

Retro,

Your use of I John 2 and its description of the anointing we have is demonstrates the need for better hermeneutics.   Your response to the fact that we do not have the prophetic anointing like Elijah is to counter with a passage that is describes the anointing  we have that brings us the assurance that we are indeed in Christ.

John's point in the passage you cited is, among other things, to show the difference between false believers who were "antichrists"  according to John vs. the true believers who have the "unction" or inner anointing that assures them they belong to God.

I John was written so that the early church would be able to know the difference between false professors who were wolves in sheep's clothing vs. the authentic followers of Jesus.

And, your response only tells me that I was right to wait for you to mature.

Guest shiloh357

I don't need to mature.   You need to stop listening to and being deceived false doctrines coming from false teachers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, shiloh357.

I don't need to mature.   You need to stop listening to and being deceived false doctrines coming from false teachers.

LOL! We all need to mature, bro’. We are ALL in the process of maturing, and if you don’t believe that, you need to take heed to this:

1 Corinthians 10:11-12

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
KJV

The person who thinks he’s arrived, needs to realize that he’s got a LONG, LONG way to go!

And, I’d be careful calling Yochanan (John), Kefa (Peter), Rav Sha’uwl “Paulos” (Paul), and even Yeshua` Himself “false teachers teaching false doctrines!” You have JUST AS MUCH anointing of the Ruach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) as any of the prophets of old, MORE SO, in fact, because you’ve been called “SONS of God!” That’s not something you should belittle or take lightly! Don’t say any more lest you be guilty of blasphemy (which means “to belittle”).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

I believe all Christians can agree that Divine healing has never abated, and at the same time there is no guarantee that everyone of us will be physically healed in answer to prayer.  It would appear that the instructions in James should guarantee healing, but there are specific conditions to be met, and if all the conditions are not met, there may be no positive result.

Those who claim that they have the spiritual gift of healings (as given in the NT) should prove it by going to the hospitals and emptying the hospital beds.  That would be on every news channel if it was happening on a daily basis (as it rightfully should).  It would be wonderful if every church had at least one such person, but most churches have no healers, and the sad truth is that most of the "faith healers" are charlatans.

When the Lord was healing, multitudes gathered to be healed, and all were healed without question, whether they had faith or not (consider the pool of Bethesda and the healing of the man who was blind from birth).  But that is not the case with those claiming this gift.  Why? 

We should also keep in mind that there are counterfeit miracles today, many of them associated with apparitions of "Mary" (or a spirit appearing as Mary).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

It isn't wise to start a thread out of anger towards a certain group of believers, look at what has happened to it now. That obviously was the motive as this thread started after a discussion in another thread about a tornado dissapearing by the power of God through prayer. Learn to love, forgive and be humble Shiloh, God can change your heart if you ask Him to, but in order for Him to do so, you have to discover the mirror of yourself within so you can see and admit what needs to be changed in order to be filled with His love, peace, humbleness and forgiveness. Soften that proud hardened heart brother, life doesn't have to be that way for you...

Guest shiloh357

Retro,

I was responding your condescending comment about maturing.  I was not claiming that I don't need to mature spiritually.   My point was that I don't need to "mature" in my understanding about the quacky notions surrounding divine healing that you subscribe to.

Nor, was a referring to the apostles when I mentioned false teachers, because you did not get your warped theology about healing from them.  You  won't admit it, but I have heard the same tired, warmed over stew from the Charismatics and Word of Faith teachers for years.  You are doing nothing but parroting them, and then presumptuously trying to blame your notions on the Bible.

Guest shiloh357

Hall,

I didn't start this thread in anger, but rather to expose the false teachings of the modern Charismatic movement.   I don't need to forgive anyone, as no one has wronged me, that I am aware of. 

I am simply standing against the false teachings that, more often than people are aware, shipwreck lives of fellow believers.  I have seen first hand what happens when people finally discover that they have been lied to by Charismatic leaders.   People need to wise up an reject these false teachings.   Stop vainly putting faith in false promises that God never made.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I don't know that anyone can go to hospitals and heal all. But God does heal. Yes there are those in error. I submit we all have some things in error. Why concentrate on error? The Word tells us to bring our requests before Him. We can't tell God to heal, but we can follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.