IGNORED

The Wrong "Temple Mount?"

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

I posted this here because it has strong implications for Bible prophecy if true.   I want to make the following disclaimer:   I am not posting this because I think the article and the findings of Bob Cornuke are correct.  I am not attempting to advance his suppositions.   It just makes for interesting conversation.   :)  Basically, Bob Cornuke asserts that the real temple mount was on Mt. Zion and not the traditional location where the Dome of the Rock sits.   I will admit that he makes a compelling argument.  He is not a weirdo.   And while I am not sure he correct, it is interesting.

http://townhall.com/columnists/robertknight/2014/07/31/was-the-temple-mount-not-the-site-of-solomons-temple-n1872583

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

For those who like to speculate about such matters, there is also a semi-interesting article at biblicalarchaeology.org. If one chooses to go there, read the comments as well, since there is also information in those.

Like Shiloh357, I also make no endorsement of any of this sort of information as having any factual bearing, simply because I lack the expertise to evaluate such claims intelligently. Shiloh mentioned implications for Bible prophecy. About that all I have to say is that obstacles like the Dome of the Rock, or uncertainty of the temple location, are not obstacles to God. 

If the Bible predicts the construction, finding, discovery, or restoration of a temple, then it will happen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I read both articles and I must say it was interesting. It does however bring up a question for me. If the original article in the op is correct then How or why would the courtyard ( if my memory is right ) be given over to the gentiles while the other part was for the Jews only? ( if I remember the prophecy correctly )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Interesting and thanks for sharing shiloh but I will stick with the original location which is what the Bible states.

Guest shiloh357

The Bible doesn't say that the current location is the location of the temple mount.   That's the point, Cornuke is making.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I think it is speculating too much.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi shiloh357,

Thanks for that interesting article. I still, however believe that the temple the anti-Christ desecrates is in King George Street, Jerusalem. It was constructed with the same local stone as was Solomon`s Temple & has a central feature of a high tower with five magnificent stained-glass windows, topped by two tablets of stone, bearing the ten commandments.

In the interior, marble has been used extensively, especially for the Ark situated beneath the stained-glass windows. This I believe is the Holy Place which will be desecrated by the `Abomination of Desolation` referred to by Jesus (Matt. 24: 15).

Marilyn.