firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1. Since the same Gospel Jesus preached in his ministry has to be preached for the end to come, is that the gospel that is being preached today?

My answer would be no. I hear about the salvation gospel all the time, but never the gospel of the kingdom.

Let's go back to square one. The Gospel is the Good News that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and that sinners can be saved by grace through faith in Christ and what He accomplished in His death, burial and resurrection.  This is the major part of the Gospel of the Kingdom.

But at the time when Christ the King-Messiah was on earth and limited His ministry to Israel, He was to be received as King as well as Savior.  Therefore you will find (only in Matthew and Mark, not even in Luke and John) the phrase "the Gospel of the Kingdom".  When Christ rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, He proclaimed Himself as King of Israel, and was acknowledge as such by the crowds.  Yet a few days later those fickle crowds cried out for His crucifixion. That's when the Gospel of the Kingdom became simply the Gospel of the Grace of God (or just the Gospel). That phrase is not used after His crucifixion.  See the endings of Matthew and Mark.

2.If it's not being preached today, then what gospel is being preached?

See 1 Cor 15:1-4.

3. Does the bible say it's ok for a different gospel to preached until the time of the end?

See Mt 28:18-20; Mk 16:15,16; Lk 24:46-49; Acts 1:6-9.  It is not a "different Gospel" but since the King is now in Heaven it is the Gospel of God and the Gospel of Christ.

4. If we are suppose to be preaching a different gospel than Jesus or the 12, then when do we start preaching the same gospel so the end can come?

We are not to concern ourselves with bringing about "the end".  We are to simply ensure that the Gospel is preached to every creature (Mk 16:15).

5. How can there be 2 New testament gospel messages?

They are not two Gospel messages.  The King-Messiah came to Israel and was rejected.  He will come again to Israel after they go through a time of great distress.  Then they will mourn, repent, and be converted when they see Christ.  In the interim Christ is building His Church (Jew and Gentile in one Body).  And the Gospel is simply Jesus Himself. Paul says "We preach CHRIST and Him crucified". 

So the Gospel per se today focuses on Christ as the only Lord and Savior.  But Gospel Truth must also include the doctrine of the Kingdom of God, and Christ as King for eternity.  For the interim, God the Father has said to the Son, "Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thy foes thy footstool" (Acts 2:35). For the present (Acts 2:36): Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

4. If we are suppose to be preaching a different gospel than Jesus or the 12, then when do we start preaching the same gospel so the end can come?

We are not to concern ourselves with bringing about "the end".  We are to simply ensure that the Gospel is preached to every creature (Mk 16:15).

So the Gospel per se today focuses on Christ as the only Lord and Savior.  But Gospel Truth must also include the doctrine of the Kingdom of God, and Christ as King for eternity.  For the interim, God the Father has said to the Son, "Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thy foes thy footstool" (Acts 2:35). For the present (Acts 2:36): Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

I think you misunderstood my question. I am not asking about us bring about the end, but Jesus statement that only when the kingdom of God is preached unto all nations as a witness will the end come , how is that ever going to happen when no body preaches the kingdom of God, but instead preaches Jesus can save you from sin with no mention ever, at any point, of any kind, of any kingdom, at all ,ever. No one preaches the kingdom of God as the focus of the Gospel. Everyone I ever heard preaches that Jesus will save us from our sin so we can be in heaven with him forever. Never, ever is any kingdom mentioned at all. When Jesus says the kingdom of God must be preached unto all nations as a witness, my question is, when do we start preaching that, because nobody is preaching that now.

The key is Israel and the salvation of the Jewish people. 

What proceeds the message of Matthew 24?

Mat 23:36  Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Mat 23:37  "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!

Mat 23:38  See, your house is left to you desolate.

Mat 23:39  For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

What happens when the nation comes into its own into its place in its prophetic order?

Eze 37:8  And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them.

This is where we are prophetically -- the nation of Israel being restored, but they still do not have the "ruach" or the "spirit" of God in them.

Eze 37:9  Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live."

Eze 37:10  So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Eze 37:11  Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.'

Eze 37:12  Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel.

Eze 37:13  And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people.

Eze 37:14  And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD."

Eze 37:24  "My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes.

Eze 37:26  I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore.

Eze 37:27  My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eze 37:28  Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore."

The message of the "kingdom" was preached to the Jewish people as they were expecting Meshiach ben David -- the Kingdom restored back to Israel.

Paul addresses this in part when he makes the connection that we, who were outside of the "commonwealth" of Israel -- shall be grafted into the "promises" of Israel, when the Messiah returns.  Thus creating for Himself a nation of Priests to serve Him -- and minister to the nations once again during the reign of Messiah for 1000 years before we enter into the New Jerusalem.  All things must be reconciled -- and every promise of God kept -- thus the fulfillment of the prophecies concerning the Jewish people.

Do you see the Gospel message that most christian ministers preach today fulfilling the verse Matthew 24:14 which says the gospel of the Kingdom must be preached unto all nations as a witness and then the end shall come?

I ask because to me, it is starting to look like the gospel of salvation that most preach is incomplete, and not the full gospel we are suppose to preach. It's like the Gospel of salvation eliminates or replaces Israel's importance in the end times and the proper Gospel message. Elijah must come first. the church doesn't replace Israel. The gospel of salvation that is preached by most ignores Israel. Isn't Israel and the Jews the fathers of the christian faith? Elijah must come first! I hope I am making sense with my point. Thank you for taking the time to answer me on these questions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

seeing that someone has quoted scripture ;that there is only one gospel, then there is only one gospel, that Gospel , may have more than one name, but it is one gospel. there is a strong teaching going on now pertaining to the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven , this false teaching states that the two kingdoms are two totally different kingdoms and that those that are close enough and blessed more than others that don't see them as two different places can experience one of the two here on earth. and I wish I knew of these verses when I was trying to discuss with the teacher of this false teaching in this area, but this one set of verses should set a lot straight on this matter. Jesus refers to the kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven as the same place:

Matt 19:23-25
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
KJV

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,780
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Do you see the Gospel message that most christian ministers preach today fulfilling the verse Matthew 24:14 which says the gospel of the Kingdom must be preached unto all nations as a witness and then the end shall come?

I ask because to me, it is starting to look like the gospel of salvation that most preach is incomplete, and not the full gospel we are suppose to preach. It's like the Gospel of salvation eliminates or replaces Israel's importance in the end times and the proper Gospel message. Elijah must come first. the church doesn't replace Israel. The gospel of salvation that is preached by most ignores Israel. Isn't Israel and the Jews the fathers of the christian faith? Elijah must come first! I hope I am making sense with my point. Thank you for taking the time to answer me on these questions.

This is the crux of replacement theology and why for 1800 years the gospel wasn't preached to the Jewish people.   And even now, being in Israel people will say to me, why preach the gospel in Israel -- isn't all of "Israel" going to be saved anyway?  It amazes me sometimes how people can forget the simplicity of the gospel message and why Paul said, "to the Jew first and also to the Greek".

This is the crux of replacement theology and why for 1800 years the gospel wasn't preached to the Jewish people.   And even now, being in Israel people will say to me, why preach the gospel in Israel -- isn't all of "Israel" going to be saved anyway?  It amazes me sometimes how people can forget the simplicity of the gospel message and why Paul said, "to the Jew first and also to the Greek".

Thank you . Elijah must come first. It was what you said about restoration of all things that really helped. Kingdom of God, to the Jew first, then to the gentile . Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me about this. Any other teaching on this I would gladly welcome. 

Firestormx

Joseph

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,780
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

No problem!  :)  I'm glad I was able to do my small part.

seeing that someone has quoted scripture ;that there is only one gospel, then there is only one gospel, that Gospel , may have more than one name, but it is one gospel. there is a strong teaching going on now pertaining to the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven , this false teaching states that the two kingdoms are two totally different kingdoms and that those that are close enough and blessed more than others that don't see them as two different places can experience one of the two here on earth. and I wish I knew of these verses when I was trying to discuss with the teacher of this false teaching in this area, but this one set of verses should set a lot straight on this matter. Jesus refers to the kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven as the same place:

Matt 19:23-25

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

KJV

Thank you for posting this, I was thinking they were the same but didn't have the scripture to back it up. Now I have a place to start. Thanks again.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

firestormx said in post 33:

Elijah must come first.

That's right.

For Matthew 17:10-13 can be understood as referring to 2 different comings of Elijah, the first being John the Baptist's coming "in the spirit and power of Elijah" (Luke 1:17, Matthew 17:12-13), and the 2nd being a still-future, physical coming-back of Elijah himself, when he will restore all things (Matthew 17:11), in the sense of restoring all true doctrine, i.e. all true interpretation of the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16), to the church. This still-future, physical coming-back of Elijah himself could occur at the midpoint of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, when Elijah could come back physically from heaven as one of the 2 witnesses (Revelation 11:3-12).

That is, in the never-fulfilled Revelation 11:3-12, the 2 witnesses could be literally Moses and Elijah. For the 2 men seen "standing before the God of the earth" (Revelation 11:4) at the transfiguration were Moses and Elijah (Matthew 17:3). And in Revelation 11:4, the 2 "olive trees" refer back to the 2 men who were already standing by the Lord by the time of the prophet Zechariah (Zechariah 4:11,14), which was subsequent to the times of Moses and Elijah.

Moses and Elijah could come down from heaven in their mortal bodies at the midpoint of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, just as they came down at the transfiguration. Also, the plagues which the 2 witnesses will cause (Revelation 11:6,5) will match plagues which Moses and Elijah caused in Old Testament times (James 5:17, Exodus 7:20; 2 Kings 1:10-14).

Elijah never died, but was taken physically into heaven (2 Kings 2:11b). And Michael the archangel retrieved Moses' dead body from Satan (Jude 1:9). Michael could have then taken Moses' recently-dead body into heaven, where it could have been resuscitated by God back to mortal life, like, for example, how Lazarus' recently-dead body was resuscitated by God back to mortal life (John 12:1). This would explain how both Moses and Elijah could appear alive at the transfiguration (Matthew 17:3).

The 2 witnesses will prophesy and bring plagues on the world during the future, literal 3.5 years (Revelation 11:2b,3,6) of the Antichrist's worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 12:6,14), which will be in the latter half of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. That is why the Antichrist's reign will legally end (Revelation 11:15) right after the time of the 2 witnesses on the earth will end (Revelation 11:12-15). The plagues which they will bring (Revelation 11:6) will be part of the tribulation's 2nd woe/6th trumpet (Revelation 11:14, Revelation 9:12-13). They will be taken up to heaven before the tribulation's 7th trumpet sounds (Revelation 11:12,15).

They may not be witnesses in the sense of evangelizing the world (Acts 1:8). For the original Greek word (martus: G3144) translated as "witnesses" (Revelation 11:3) can also refer to those who witness against people and bring punishment against them (Acts 7:58). The reason that there will be 2 witnesses (Revelation 11:3) who will bring plagues to torment the unrepentant world (Revelation 11:6,10b) would be because 2 witnesses are required to bring judgment against people (1 Timothy 5:19). At the same time, the 2 "witnesses" could be called that because both of them will be martyred (Revelation 11:7-9). For the same original Greek word translated as "witnesses" (Revelation 11:3) can refer to "martyrs" (Revelation 17:6).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

firestormx said in post 33:

the church doesn't replace Israel.

That's right.

For even though the church is Israel (Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10), the church doesn't "replace" Israel, because Gentiles in the church are grafted in to become only parts of an already-existing Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, John 10:16), which also includes the Jews in the church (Romans 11:1).

That is, all genetic Jews in the church remain members of whichever tribe of Israel they were born into (Romans 11:1, Acts 4:36). And all genetic Gentiles in the church have been grafted into Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29), and so have been grafted into its various tribes (cf. Ezekiel 47:21-23). So the entire church is the 12 tribes of Israel (Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10). This is necessary, for all those in the church are saved only by the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 9:15), which is made only with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34, John 4:22b). John 10:16 refers to the "other sheep" of believers who are Gentiles being brought into "this fold" of Israel, which is the "one fold" of the church (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:4-6, Revelation 21:9,12). A genetic Gentile believer can pray and ask which tribe of Israel he has been grafted into, and he will receive an answer from God, if he asks in faith (cf. Matthew 21:22), without any wavering (cf. James 1:6-7).

Also, all those in the church, no matter whether they are genetic Jews (Acts 22:3) or genetic Gentiles (Romans 16:4b), have become spiritually-circumcised Jews, if they have undergone the spiritual circumcision of water-immersion (burial) baptism into Jesus (Romans 2:29, Philippians 3:3, Colossians 2:11-13).

Also, immediately after the tribulation, at Jesus' 2nd coming (Matthew 24:29-30), all the still-living, unsaved, elect genetic Jews will become saved (Romans 11:26-28) by God's grace when they see the returned Jesus in person and believe in him (Zechariah 12:10-14). And so they will all become part of the church at that time, just as when genetic Jews believe in Jesus now they become part of the church. For now there are no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

And the genetic Jews who will become believers at the 2nd coming will all become part of the church by receiving some measure of the Holy Spirit, who is "the spirit of grace and of supplications" in Zechariah 12:10 (Hebrews 10:29c, Romans 8:26), just as genetic Jewish believers today become part of the church by receiving some measure of the Holy Spirit. For it is by receiving some measure of the Holy Spirit that both genetic Jewish believers and genetic Gentile believers become part of the church (1 Corinthians 12:13).

Also, if the genetic Jews who will become saved at the 2nd coming had been religious Jews, they won't continue to mistakenly try to keep the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, because they will then be believers in the truth that on Jesus' Cross, for both Jews and Gentiles (John 11:51-52), of all times, the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law was abolished (Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18), disannulled (Hebrews 7:18), rendered obsolete (Hebrews 8:13, Galatians 3:2-25, Galatians 4:21 to 5:8), taken away and replaced (Hebrews 10:9) by the better hope (Hebrews 7:19), the better covenant (Hebrews 7:22, Hebrews 8:6-12), the 2nd covenant (Hebrews 8:7, Hebrews 10:9), of Jesus' New Covenant law (Galatians 6:2, John 1:17, Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 12:24, Hebrews 9:15), so that the law was changed (Hebrews 7:12).

All believers, both Jews and Gentles, of all times, are delivered from the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, and shouldn't keep it (Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18, Galatians 2:11-21), or have any desire to keep it (Galatians 4:21 to 5:8, Galatians 3:2-25). Believers keep the spirit of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Romans 7:6) by loving others (Galatians 5:14, Romans 13:8-10), by doing to others as they would have others do to them (Matthew 7:12).