George

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Like I said ,there's only 2 choices,and the rapture ain't one of them.

Either take the mark or be sealed,which brings me to my next question since that one seemed to go over your head.

Why does God's servants need to be sealed if they not gonna be here?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

The that whatever,the day is when satan appears as the antichrist.

No different than the day of the Lord being that day,dosn't change the fact of what day it is.

May not be indicative to you ,but to me it can only mean a particular day.

Also it says in the evil day,not the evil days as you suggest .

Is satan here now?No he's not

Only if one uses the way you changed the wording to "that day" as opposed to "the day" as is written.  Yes, Satan is here now.  He wasn't around this planet for Eve or Job either? How about when Judas betrayed the Messiah?  

The passage in Ephesians 6 can easily be translated accurately as a period of personal anguish.  That can be any time of testing and personal trials. That fits the context more accurately than just a specific period that the world will be going thru.   Paul made it clear in Verses 11-12 why he is explaining this.  Sure doesn't read like a specific futuristic period or that Satan isn't around now.

Edited by OldCoot

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Like I said ,there's only 2 choices,and the rapture ain't one of them.

Either take the mark or be sealed,which brings me to my next question since that one seemed to go over your head.

Why does God's servants need to be sealed if they not gonna be here?

You are confusing the 144,000, the two witnesses, and those that come to faith during the tribulation period with the church as it is now.  The 144,000 from the twelve tribes and the two witnesses have a  specific mission during this time.  They are called for their particular purpose.  There will be those who do come to faith, but many passages, both OT and NT say those who come to faith during that time will be prevailed against, i.e. slaughtered. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

7 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Just about any day that one has to face evil. We are to ALWAYS appropriate the whole armor of God.  There is no indication in that passage regarding putting on the whole armor of God that it means the great climactic "Day of the Lord", Great Tribulation period, Time of Jacob's Trouble, etc.  

You changed the words. Nice slight of hand by those that have an agenda.  You used "that evil day" in your highlighted portion, when the scripture clearly says "the evil day".  You are imposing your own spin on what the scripture says.  Naughty, naughty.

I have to remove myself from this forum.  Too many --- and idiots.  You're a ---- full blown idiot coot.  so are all your pre-trib ----.

Edited by George
Bad Language

4 hours ago, inchrist said:

I am extreme with this biblical methodology.

So like the bereans who would of been exposed to two OT events.

So my two witnesses of the OT for you to consider are:

1) The battle of Jericho ( rahab a gentile believer removed only after 2 spies come into the city, and removed only at the 7th trumpet from Jericho (beast kingdom)

2) Lot - removed only after 2 angles come into the beast city

Actually, the Bereans would have compared all of the OT to what Paul taught.  I gave you three example of prophetic writings that substantiate the position earlier but you failed to address them.

Well, if you are going down this path, why did you forget Noah?  He was put into the ark 7 days before the wrath of God, via the flood, came upon the earth.  The literal translation of the Hebrew of the text suggests God putting him in the Ark and sealing the door.  Noah couldn't have gotten out if he wanted to.  

Or how about the Feast of Trumpets, or Rosh hashanah? This festival speaks of the gathering of the righteous, the coronation of the King, and the wedding of the Messiah.  It is a two day festival that falls on the first of the month of Tishri.  It is described as the "day no man knows" because it can only be declared as starting when the new moon of the month is established.    Yom Kippur occurs on the 10th of the month, which speaks of the judgement of sin.  Factor out the two days of Rosh Hashanah and you have 7 days between the two festivals, which are referred to as the "days of awe", a veiled reference to a 7 year tribulation period.  So if Rosh Hashanah is the removal of the righteous as is taught, then they are hidden for 7 days till the Yom Kippur.  Again, the OT prophetic references I mentioned earlier substantiate that fully.

And what of the 7 years that Joash is hidden and then brought forth?  Another pattern.  How about the 7 years of rebellion against David by Absolom?  And how is Absolom killed?  When his hair is caught in a branch.   Absolom's pride is his hair. This is a very visual picture of the antichrist.  The antichrist is caught by his pride in the Branch of David, the Messiah after 7 years.  

There are myriads of examples. 

Edited by OldCoot

5 hours ago, fixerupper said:

I have to remove myself from this forum. 

By all means, remove yourself.  Thanks for letting us know where you stand.

Edited by George
Removed Quoted Bad Language

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, fixerupper said:

I have to remove myself from this forum.  Too many --- and idiots.  You're a ---- full blown idiot coot.  so are all your pre-trib ----.

I have been here about a year now at this forum and never seen ANYONE use language to that extent.  Fixerupper you need help brother and i truly hope you seek it as you clearly has an anger management problem.  If you let it escalate, you will just end up hurting the ones around you  and they will withdraw from you and you would end up being in your own little world.   You CANNOT speak to people in a forum like this in those tones.  If the Admin allows this, then i would no longer be here.   You have pushed the button too long here and you have been tolerated.  I hope the Admin addresses this and make a clear statement of your behavior and what is to be done about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, fixerupper said:

Nobody said Satan will purify the Church.  Through tribulation the church is purified.  It's you guys who say the tribulation is "the Day of the Lord."

God used persecution and tribulation to bring people back to Him often.  The man of sin is used by God to bring Israel back to Him.

God purifies the church using the beast as the prosecutor of the hour of temptation. Satan empowers the beast to accomplish God's plan. Now Satan may have a different agenda in mind, usurping God's authority, but that plan is doomed to failure as it was the first time he tried.

In revelation we see the purified elect standing by the throne, and they are described as, victorious, purified, righteous through great tribulation.

13 hours ago, OldCoot said:

So Satan is the one who will purify the church.  Wow.  I'll bet he never had that in mind.  Actually, a new on on me also.

Sarcasm and ridicule? When refutations are advanced containing these elements there is no valid refutation. 

I suppose this sort of tactic works on the weak minded in your congregation which is why you employ it here. Too much practice getting away with it.

It was what I expect from the fearful and untrusting and you once again present an apt example of the state of the church.

This is why purification is sorely needed, is coming, and it's working will be very effective removing spots and purifying to righteousness.

28 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I have been here about a year now at this forum and never seen ANYONE use language to that extent.  Fixerupper you need help brother and i truly hope you seek it as you clearly has an anger management problem.  If you let it escalate, you will just end up hurting the ones around you  and they will withdraw from you and you would end up being in your own little world.   You CANNOT speak to people in a forum like this in those tones.  If the Admin allows this, then i would no longer be here.   You have pushed the button too long here and you have been tolerated.  I hope the Admin addresses this and make a clear statement of your behavior and what is to be done about it.

Wow. Did you even bother to try and understand his frustration? No. Just pulled out the self righteous statements forgetting your own failures and frustration, or assuming you don't have any. Good job taking care of a brother in pain.