IGNORED

Do you think people can see us from heaven?

missmuffet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

I believe ..that anything ....'all things are possible for God ' and he loves us and knows our needs .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

"angels long to look into..."

1. angels are messengers sent from heaven to earth

2. the Angel of the LORD that called out from heaven was the Lord himself

So the only one who can see us from heaven is the LORD

Never mind big brother is watching... God has been watching all along and he sees not only what you do but what you think about doing...

in the shower

on the potty

in bed

in secret

They say good character is defined by what you do when others aren't watching.

I say it is realizing you are always being watched.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Honest answer is 'I really don't know' the scriptures do not say.

That's as good an answer as any.  But what are we to make of this passage (Heb 12:1): Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,?

Paul is telling us that we are surrounded by those who are now in Heaven (Heb 12: 22-24) and they are witnesses to our struggles and battles. It would appear that those in Heaven are seeing us.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

That's as good an answer as any.  But what are we to make of this passage (Heb 12:1): Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,?

Paul is telling us that we are surrounded by those who are now in Heaven (Heb 12: 22-24) and they are witnesses to our struggles and battles. It would appear that those in Heaven are seeing us.

I do not see the above quote of Hebrews 12:22-24 as those in heaven seeing us.I interpret that quote as the future Mt.Zion and the angels.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I do not see the above quote of Hebrews 12:22-24 as those in heaven seeing us.I interpret that quote as the future Mt.Zion and the angels.

Paul is using the present tense for a reason -- "we also are compassed about".  He is using this as a basis for encouraging those who are weighed down (v.1).

He also uses the present tense in v. 22 "ye are come unto mount Zion".  So this is not about the future but the present race of Christians on earth (v.1).

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. Revelation 6:9-11

The saints that were martyred were given a white robe and told to wait. It is uncertain whether or not they know what is going on, but they are talking with God about when they will be justified.

In the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, it seems that they are not interacting with the world of the living or can see it. While they are able to think of family on earth, I don't know if they can see them.

“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” Luke 16:27-31

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

I don't know if people can see us from Heaven...but I hope they can at least hear the angels rejoicing every time a lost sinner is saved!

Luke 15:7 - "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."

Luke 15:10 - "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

:angel:                                             :clap:                                    :101:                                                        :hurrah:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. Revelation 6:9-11

The saints that were martyred were given a white robe and told to wait. It is uncertain whether or not they know what is going on, but they are talking with God about when they will be justified.

In the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, it seems that they are not interacting with the world of the living or can see it. While they are able to think of family on earth, I don't know if they can see them.

“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” Luke 16:27-31

at least you were honest in this .... you wrote "it seems ..."  oh, wait, i just re-read...

anyway

in answer to the op, post #1, the answer is post #2, according to scripture. "absolutely not" ....

back to "it seems"...  and the scripture you quoted "if they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be conviinced even if someone rises from the dead" Luke 16

and so it is.  exactly as jesus says.  they won't listen to Moses and the Prophets, so they won't listen to someone who rises from the dead.  that is still true today.

Yes, but does not being able to communicate with the dead mean that they can not see us?

Guest shiloh357

Hebrews 12:1 is not saying that we are being "witnessed"  by those in heaven.   The "witnesses" are those that the writer of Hebrews listed off in Hebrews 11 who have proven God to be faithful in their lives.    The use of "witnesses"   is more like word "examples"    He is saying that given that we surrounded by such good examples of those  who have run the race, we should take encouragement from their testimony and run our race like they did. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Omega the pride of life is not there as it is here there are no glories in error :)