• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Ezra hello again,

yes Laodicea is very similar to many today and jesus stand outside of their religious show and they think all is well but he wants to come into them and sup with them. This inward communion is his participation with them as the head and as he effectually works in the measure of every part to make increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

The dangerous part there is that he will spew them out of his mouth f they do not.

What I speak of here is so serious I cannot stress the importance.

You are not here in the name of the Lord.   You are here to push your own man-made legalistic agenda on everyone else.  God is not in anything you post on this board.

this is false I speak only truth to you and it seems that you are most likely one of those who is in a religious system that I speak about. I do not push anything , but how forcible are right words as scripture teaches. and the truth God has given me is for ALL BELIEVERS EVERYWHERE.  

God is in his truth I post here.

Jesus warned not to be like the Gentile authority where those that are great among them are over them in authority we should not be like that. But sadly this is exactly how many are

many attach legalism to anything that says we ought to obey Gods truth or when we use scripture to correct or instruct. They act as if it is legalism to obey the commandments of the Lord that Paul exhorted the christians to obey in 1 Cor 14:37,38

I exhort all who would not obey the commandments of the Lord that Paul refers to . That Paul said you wont be received or in his words you are ignorant. We dont listen to ignorant men.

I am accountable to every Christian for what I say and other brothers and sister I meet with yes.

and there are many believers in the religious system. But God calls his children out of it read of babylon the great mother of harlots. God calls his people out of her.

Yet God calls us all into fellowship with Him and with each other. If you disdain or fear churches so much, how do you maintain Godly unity?  He doesn't call us out of our churches unless it is teaching error. In fact, God is consistently calling people into the large churches that do not hinder the Holy Spirit, no matter what their services look like. We are free in Christ and that freedom allows us to glorify God in whatever way He calls us to. If that means an exuberant worship style with instruments, singers and dancers, He is desiring it. We obey Him, and not someone's ideas of antiquated worship styles.

God is the God of all ages. He is creative, and so are His people!

Hello there,

You said

"

Yet God calls us all into fellowship with Him and with each other"

yes this fellowship or communion is as we abide in Christ and walk in the Spirit. This is when Christ is the head  and as he effectually works in thos that believe Eph. 4:15,16. In this life we live in as we gather we are able to edify eachother. But in many assemblies this is quenched immediately and noone is allowed to edify anyone. A one man ministry exhats itself over all and draws away disciples after them. paul warned of this fro three years in Acts 20 we read this. Paul said that men would rise up from among them drawing away dic iples after themselves. John warned of Diotrephes who loved the preemminance and wouldnt receive the brothers and kicked them out of the church gathering.

You asked

"how do you maintain Godly unity?"

It is God who maintains the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. We endevour to maintain this unity as we walk in the Spirit and let the peace of God RULE our hearts. To which we are also calld in one body. Unity is possible in all things in Christ Paul even said we should all speak the same things and have the same mind and the same judgement that there sshould be no divisions among us. This unity is only accomplish in Christ and as he also uses apostles, prophets, evangelist, pastors and teachers, for the perfecting of the saints till we all come in the unity of the faith unto the perfect man. But this unity will not come if the body is not allowed to function in whatever gifts God uses to bring this about. If a one man pastor ministry is exhalted over all and noone can minister then this unity is hindered.

"You said

"He doesn't call us out of our churches unless it is teaching error."

we are told to withdraw from every brother that walketh disorderly and not after the traditions handed down. And God calls his people out of Bayblon the great Mother of harlots. One of the traditions or patterns we see is to wait on the Lord and gather in homes ministering as we are led of God

you said,

"God is consistently calling people into the large churches that do not hinder the Holy Spirit, no matter what their services look like. "

i do not agree. paul set in order things in every church he had a order they were all to follow Paul rebuked the Corinthians for thinking they could do thier own thing. God is not the authour of confusion  but of peace as in ALL THE CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS.. If one church has one order and another different that would cause confusion.This is a long response , maybe we can discuss it later

You said,

"If that means an exuberant worship style with instruments, singers and dancers, He is desiring it. We obey Him, and not someone's ideas of antiquated worship styles."

i am not talking about styles or music in meetings etc. i am talking about the body free to edify one another under Christ headship and not quenched by the one man ministry and programs and many other things

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi lovetruth,

I receive your words as from the Lord & do not see you pushing an agenda, but speaking truth. Obviously it is hitting a sore spot in some people`s understanding but that has always been the effect until we all come to the `unity of faith...`

Be blessed brother, & I encourage you to continue to speak the truth in love, - with the right attitude.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Hi lovetruth,

I receive your words as from the Lord & do not see you pushing an agenda, but speaking truth. Obviously it is hitting a sore spot in some people`s understanding but that has always been the effect until we all come to the `unity of faith...`

Be blessed brother, & I encourage you to continue to speak the truth in love, - with the right attitude.

Marilyn.

Marilyn, a question I have is do you believe there are any benefits or need to have actual church buildings or organizations?  

I desire smaller, more close group meetings, yet I see great value in an organized meeting place, and trying to figure out if this is from being taught by mans methods or not.  Many times I do not know why or where preconceived ideas come from.  At present I see importance in both an organization and home meetings.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

At the moment here in oz ,our largest churches are prosperity churches ,some even have $10,000 ,$15,000 and even 20,000

bible studies ,where the congregation is told who attends which bible study. Tthe pastors have fleets of high end cars etc and

there is no accountability . Many true believers meet in small groups or.small bible based churches , maybe loves truth has had

experience with this sort of church and is trying to warn us .

Hi petula,

As you know I`m from Oz also & yes we have such organisations that you speak of. They receive over $50 million a year. The break down, on record, is for half of that to go to putting on the weekly `meetings,` (smoke, flashing lights, music, etc) & much of the rest to wages (most are in the same family) & a very little to missions. This is on public record. 

Very sad, Marilyn.   

Hi lovetruth,

Marilyn.

Marilyn, a question I have is do you believe there are any benefits or need to have actual church buildings or organizations?  

I desire smaller, more close group meetings, yet I see great value in an organized meeting place, and trying to figure out if this is from being taught by mans methods or not.  Many times I do not know why or where preconceived ideas come from.  At present I see importance in both an organization and home meetings.

Hi hmbld,

Thank you for asking that question. Just a quick history - I was brought up in the Apostolic (not the new Apo) denomination & so value all the leaders, the truth taught, the glorious meetings & fellowship. This is the `50`s, a long time ago. :happyhappy: And over the years since, as I taught (school teacher) I went to the local church. Again I had wonderful fellowship, good teaching & opportunities to exercise helps & giftings.

Then from the `90`s onwards I noticed a distinct move towards tighter control, less focus on teaching of Jesus to more of self this & that, (my .....) So now my husband & I work with others, teaching, praying, ministry of helps, & mentoring others to mentor others.

Thus I do value a time when the body can come together to lift up the name of Jesus, & I do value working in small groups. Today I see that organisational Christianity has to maintain its structure & buildings & people working for it, etc. This consumes much time & effort which I eventually was not willing to give to it. I think a general meeting ( in a hired hall)once in a while would be beneficial & then people need to know how to work in the community to build up relationships, & over time learn how to mentor them.

The structure will stay, but it is becoming more controlled by the world system & really it is just a matter of time till those who love the Lord draw the line in the sand. So it`s not really the building versus the home, but who can I in faith connect to. We are in an interim time, but give a year or so & it will be very clear.

Blessings, bro. Marilyn.

At the moment here in oz ,our largest churches are prosperity churches ,some even have $10,000 ,$15,000 and even 20,000

bible studies ,where the congregation is told who attends which bible study. Tthe pastors have fleets of high end cars etc and

there is no accountability . Many true believers meet in small groups or.small bible based churches , maybe loves truth has had

experience with this sort of church and is trying to warn us .

Yes I have had experience with this sort also. I am also speaking of all belivers who must gather under Christ as the head and to let the Word of Christ dwell in us richly, teaching and admonishing one another ... the bible also warns about some similar men in 2 Peter I believe who make merchandise of the saints etc . And in 2 Cor 11 paul warns about those who exalt themsleves and devour them and take from them.