• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I am addressing Uncertain, but I feel that there hasn't been a whole lot of Christian based discourse going on in this discussion by any of us, me included.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Here is why this country is in trouble concerning this subject....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

http://www.freedomtomarry.org/resources/entry/marriage-polling

National Polls

June 8, 2015: CNN/ORC Poll

National poll on Americans' views on the U.S. Supreme Court, again demonstrating the highest support for the freedom to marry, with 63% of respondents saying they believe same-sex couples have a constitutional freedom to marry. In 2010, just 49% of those polled in this survey supported marriage for same-sex couples.

KEY FINDINGS:

Among Younger Respondents: Support for the freedom to marry is even stronger among younger respondents, with 73% of Americans under the age of 50 saying they are supporters, while 52% of those over 50 are supportive.
    Generational Split in the Republican Party: 59% of Republicans under age 50 believe that same-sex couples do have a constitutional right to marry, while 36% of Republicans and right-leaning respondents age 50 or older do.
    Among Democrats and Independents: Large majorities of Democrats and Independents support the freedom to marry, at 74% and 69%, respectively.

February 19, 2015: CNN/ORC Poll

National poll demonstrating the highest support for the freedom to marry, with 63% of respondents saying they believe same-sex couples have a constitutional freedom to marry and have their marriages respected in their state. Since August 2010, when a similar poll was conducted, support among Americans who see marriage as a constitutional right has increased 15 points among Republicans (up to 42%) and 19 points among Democrats (up to 75%).

KEY FINDINGS:

Huge Support in Every Region of the US: A majority of Americans support the freedom to marry in every region of the country. Notably 57% of Southerners support marriage for same-sex couples, as well as 67% in the West, 70% in the Northeast, and 60% in the Midwest.
    Geographic Diversity: From rural respondents to urban respondents, a majority or near-majority support the freedom to marry. 68% of urban respondents, 64% of suburban respondents, and 49% of rural respondents said they believe same-sex couples should have the freedom to marry.
    Cross-Generational Support for Marriage: Across all age ranges, support for the freedom to marry is high: Voters 65 years old and higher are at 52% support, 50-year-olds and older are at 54% support, and people under the age of 50 are at 70% support.

May 19, 2015: Gallup Poll

National poll demonstrating support for the freedom to marry among 60% of respondents. The number is up five points from last year, when the poll showed that 55% of Americans supported the freedom to marry.

KEY FINDINGS:

Support Across Political Beliefs: Democrats' support for the freedom to marry rose from 74% in 2014 to 76% in 2015, Independents' support rose from 58% to 64%, and Republicans' support increased the most, rising from 30% to 37%.
    Five-Point Growth in One Year: In 2014, the Gallup poll tracked support for marriage between same-sex couples at 55%. This year, the poll showed 60% support.

April 23, 2015: Washington Post-ABC News

National poll showing 61% of respondents support the freedom to marry, with just 35% opposed.

KEY FINDINGS:

A Decade of Growth: When the same poll was conducted 10 years ago, pollsters found that opposition for the freedom to marry outweighed support, with 58% opposed and 39% supportive.
    Rapid Growth Across Age Ranges: Both older and younger respondents support the freedom to marry far more than they did 10 years ago: Among those 30 and under, support grew from 57 percent in 2005 to 78 percent now. With respondents over the age of 65, support increased from 18 percent to 46 percent.

March 9, 2015: Wall Street Journal / NBC News Poll

In a national poll that measures political opinions, 59% of Americans polled supported marriage for same sex couples, which is nearly double the population that marriage for same sex couples in 2004.

KEY FINDINGS:

Support for marriage between same sex couples has nearly doubled in the last 11 years, up 29% from 2004.
    Demographics that increased support for the freedom to marry grew among Conservatives, latinos, women, and people who don't have college degrees.

March 5, 2015: General Social Survey

In a national survey that measures societal change in America, 56% supported marriage for same sex couples, up from 48% that supported it in 2012, with the largest shift in opinion coming from Republicans.

KEY FINDINGS:

56% of respondents to this survey supported the freedom to marry.
    Republicans grew in support of freedom to marry by 33% since 2012, up to 45% this year.

February 15, 2015: NBC/Marist College Poll

In a survey of likely GOP caucus and primary voters in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, about half felt it would be either “mostly” or “totally” unacceptable for a candidate to oppose marriage for same-sex couples.

KEY FINDINGS:

52% of likely Republican primary voters in South Carolina and New Hampshire said opposing the freedom to marry is either “mostly” or “totally” unacceptable, while 47% of likely Iowa caucus voters agreed.

February 9, 2015: Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research Poll

National poll demonstrating record-high support for the freedom to marry, with 60% of respondents saying they support marriage for same-sex couples. Just 37% of the respondents, likely voters, said they did not support marriage for all. The poll was conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research for the Human Rights Campaign

KEY FINDINGS:

In states where same-sex couples have the freedom to marry (36 at the time of the poll), 64% of respondents said they were supportive.
    The poll also shows that 46% of respondents said they know an LGBT couple who has held a wedding or commitment ceremony - and among people in this group, 75% said they support marriage for all.

January 20, 2014: Anzalone Liszt Grove Research

Poll confined to 34 states without marriage for same-sex couples, demonstrating majority support even in these states, with 51% of respondents saying they supported marriage for same-sex couples, and only 41% saying they were opposed.

KEY FINDINGS:

In every region of the country, voters support the freedom to marry: In Central states, 59% of respondents said they support marriage for same-sex couples (with just 36% opposed, a 23-point margin). In Western states, 53% are supportive (with 34% opposed, a 19-point margin). And even in the South, voters are split evenly, with 46% in favor and 46% opposed.
    78% of respondents said that they believe extending the freedom to marry to same-sex couples will either have a minimal impact or positive impact on them personally. Just 21% believe that marriage between same-sex couples will have a negative impact.
    Regardless of their personal views on marriage, voters in non-marriage states feel that same-sex couples will have the freedom to marry in their state in the next few years. A majority (56%) said they believe this, and even among opponents of the freedom to marry, 49% said they believe their state will be marrying same-sex couples soon. 

March 7, 2013: Analysis by Joel Benenson & Jan van Lohuizen

Publicly released polling since November 2012 shows that a broader, more diverse majority of Americans support the freedom to marry, while opposition is increasingly isolated within narrow demographic groups.

KEY FINDINGS:

59% of respondents oppose DOMA, the federal law that withholds equal benefits and protections for legally married same-sex couples.
    A majority of voters under age 65 support the freedom to marry, by a margin of 8 points (52% support while 44% oppose)
    All major non-evangelical religious groups are ready for the freedom to marry, including 54% support from white non-evangelical Protestants, 53% support from white Catholics, 54% support from Hispanic Catholics, 65% support from non-evangelical African-Americans, and 78% support from Jews.
    58% of non-white college graduates support marriage for same-sex couples, as do 56% of white college graduates and 54% of non-white non-college graduates.
    68% of Democrats and 54% of Independents support the freedom to marry, and significant numbers of some Republican groups are supportive as well - including 47% of Republicans who oppose the Tea Party and 34% of Republicans neutral to the Tea Party.
    51% of Republicans under the age of 30 support marriage for same-sex couples, while only 46% are opposed.

A majority of the people in the US do support Gay Marriage........    depending on whether or not you give any credence to polling at all.   And that is why I fear for our Nation.....

http://www.pollingreport.com/civil.htm

I can't get this to post right so you should go to the site.

However, I do doubt that if God sent a couple of angels to Washington, the people there would do the same as in Soddom....

yet anyway.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I don't give credence to polling at all.  I have seen them use polling data to shape public opinion.  The only time they get close to telling the truth is just before a vote because they want to be shown to be right, but they have nothing to lose with this kind of poll.  There is no way to prove them wrong.  I am not buying into the opinion that most Americans support gay marriage.  I have never seen so much anger over any issue as this one.  I have people jumping on the secession bandwagon that never would have considered that before. 

Same here, Butero.  Everyone I talk to is ticked off and steaming over this.  But we can blame no one but ourselves for accepting gays on t.v., in movies, etc. and letting our do nothing representatives in Washington do what they do best...nothing.  We don't have to accept this ruling, any of us, because the U.S. was founded on rebellion and dislike of strong government.  Time to get back to it.  The question is....where to start? 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Start by letting politicians know you are displeased.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

From John Piper ~ http://desiringgod.org

In a 5-to-4 decision, the Supreme Court of the United States of America has ruled that states cannot ban same-sex marriage.
The Bible is not silent about such decisions. Alongside its clearest explanation of the sin of homosexual intercourse (
) stands the indictment of the approval and institutionalization of it. Though people know intuitively that homosexual acts (along with gossip, slander, insolence, haughtiness, boasting, faithlessness, heartlessness, ruthlessness) are sin, “they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them” (
). “I tell you even with tears, that many glory in their shame” (
).
This is what the highest court in our land did today — knowing these deeds are wrong, “yet approving those who practice them.”
My sense is that we do not realize what a calamity is happening around us. The new thing — new for America, and new for history — is not homosexuality. That brokenness has been here since we were all broken in the fall of man. (And there is a great distinction between the orientation and the act — just like there is a great difference between my orientation to pride and the act of boasting.)
What’s new is not even the celebration and approval of homosexual sin. Homosexual behavior has been exploited, and reveled in, and celebrated in art, for millennia. What’s new is normalization and institutionalization. This is the new calamity.
My main reason for writing is not to mount a political counter-assault. I don’t think that is the calling of the church as such. My reason for writing is to help the church feel the sorrow of these days. And the magnitude of the assault on God and his image in man.
Christians, more clearly than others, can see the tidal wave of pain that is on the way. Sin carries in it its own misery: “Men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error” (
).
And on top of sin’s self-destructive power comes, eventually, the final wrath of God: “sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming” (
).
Christians know what is coming, not only because we see it in the Bible, but because we have tasted the sorrowful fruit of our own sins. We do not escape the truth that we reap what we sow. Our marriages, our children, our churches, our institutions — they are all troubled because of our sins.
The difference is: We weep over our sins. We don’t celebrate them. We don’t institutionalize them. We turn to Jesus for forgiveness and help. We cry to Jesus, “who delivers us from the wrath to come” (
).
And in our best moments, we weep for the world, and for our own nation. In the days of Ezekiel, God put a mark of hope “on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in Jerusalem” (
).
This is what I am writing for. Not political action, but love for the name of God and compassion for the city of destruction.

I want to point out right off the bat that there is hope for those who are practicing homosexuality to be forgiven of their sins through faith in the life, death, and burial of Jesus Christ.
A homosexual is not a worse sinner than I am. I’m the worst of the worst, the chiefest of sinners, and if there is hope, love, grace, and forgiveness for me, it’s there for everyone.
And for those who are involved in such activities, for you, truly, my soul weeps, because whether you recognize it or not, you are separated from the love of God, lost, and in desperate need of a Savior.
I weep for you because the world around you is telling you this kind of behavior is normal and right, knowing that it isn’t, watching you walk into destruction without a care because your cause furthers a political agenda that will make them — the political ruling class — powerful and wealthy.
My prayers are that God would open your eyes to the truth, and you’d be rescued by the loving arms of Jesus Christ.
Christians, while it may not be the job of the church as an institution to be involved in politics and change things, we as individuals are definitely called to be involved, and it’s on us as individuals to loving share the gospel with homosexuals, the same way we would with adulterers or fornicators, and work to preserve our liberty from further encroachments by the federal government.
Let’s love those around us, but let us never be neglectful shepherds who allow lost sheep to be devoured by power hungry wolves.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Start by letting politicians know you are displeased.

Good idea.  We need to know who and where.  I think I saw that list somewhere.....hmmm. 

As far as I am concerned, gay marriage is a complete sham, so the "partner" of the gay person should have no right to make any legal decisions.  That person is not family.  I won't recognize a homosexual couple as married whether they have a license or not.  There is no amount of laws the government can pass that will make me recognize gay couples as legitimate.  Does it seem right to me that the "spouse" of a homosexual who is of the same sex shouldn't be able to make medical decisions for their "spouse?"  Absolutely!

We will just have to disagree, I think an adult should be free to choose whomever they wish for such decisions. But I never was much one for telling people how to live their lives, there are more than enough people such as yourself to do that.

I think you just answered the question that has been asked at least 3 times but you refuse to answer directly. You do support gay marriage. No?