• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What Osteen preaches is a lot of motivational ear candy.   So far, you have not been able to prove that he does.  You keep making that claim, but you have (understandably) demonstrated that you are unable to provide ONE example of him preaching the Gospel.   You are defending the indefensible.   He had chance on Larry King to declare Jesus as the only of salvation and he couldn't do it.   He care about nothing but protecting his precious empire and his money.  He doesn't care about salvation or the Gospel. His "ministry" is sham.

Osteen functions within a strong God-given ability to encourage the Body, and this is what the Sunday service reveals, which is what is televised. You can't make a judgment on the entire church ministry based on a small portion of their church life that you can see. That is very unwise, and you, like far too many others, have become self0-indulgent in that kind of sniping.

If you went to Lakewood, you would receive the gospel in large doses.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I looked up the church that was behind the heckling, they seem to be a wee bit nutty to say the least. Not that I I am a big fan of Joel Osteen. That said I did attend a service at Lakewood once when we where visiting Houston, but Max Lacado was preaching, but the service seemed more like a conference that you would attend once a year than a meeting of a local church.  

God is not in anything Joel Osteen does.

This is a sniping, self-serving judgment that God will indeed judge. Best repent now, rather than be dealt with later.

Guest shiloh357

When He cannot declare that his Lord is the only way of salvation, he is the one under judgment and he is the one needing to repent.   I am amazed that Charismatics are so brainwashed and gullible that even when one their own  goes on TV and is ashamed of Christ and admits that he can't say that Jesus is the only way to  God, they still defend such a person as a preacher of the Gospel.  

It shows just how a cult works.

When He cannot declare that his Lord is the only way of salvation, he is the one under judgment and he is the one needing to repent.   I am amazed that Charismatics are so brainwashed and gullible that even when one their own  goes on TV and is ashamed of Christ and admits that he can't say that Jesus is the only way to  God, they still defend such a person as a preacher of the Gospel.  

This is what  we get when people sit in judgment of other Christians, totally unaware of how God chooses to use people in the Body...we all have various giftings and strengths, but to stand proudly at variance with people who are born again and criticize them and call them false and whatnot...that in itself is a failure of the godly working together or unity of the Body of Christ...no mercy, no grace, but a whole host of evil-speaking.

Guest shiloh357

God is not using Joel Osteen.   When he gets on interational TV and says that he cannot say if Jesus is the only way to God and admits that he won't talk about sin, then he is not a servant of God.  He is a businessman and a charlatan posing as a preacher.   He is protecting his product; he is not preaching the Gospel.   Larry King cornered him on the exclusivity of Jesus and he was too ashamed of Jesus to declare that salvation came only through Jesus.

He is ashamed of Jesus and Jesus is ashamed of him.  I am not judging him.  He is already under God's judgment. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

This is what  we get when people sit in judgment of other Christians, totally unaware of how God chooses to use people in the Body...we all have various giftings and strengths, but to stand proudly at variance with people who are born again and criticize them and call them false and whatnot...that in itself is a failure of the godly working together or unity of the Body of Christ...no mercy, no grace, but a whole host of evil-speaking.

You are wrong.We are judging with a rightful judgement.But you are making your own choices.Life if full of choices.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

The very fact that Osteen cannot publically declare Jesus as the only way to God and the fact that he readily admits that he doesn't talk about sin make him a wolf in sheep's clothing; or more to the point, it makes him a wolf in shepherd's clothing.   He should not a preacher.    He refuses to preach the Gospel and that fact, on its own, disqualifies him from ministry.

Osteen does preach the gospel.

I showed you where he doesnt. 

Show me where he does.

You are wrong.We are judging with a rightful judgement.

That's just not true.