IGNORED

How Is A Christian Lady Supposed to Dress?

emekrus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

How is a Christian woman supposed to dress?.....modest.

I'm going to put it out there kind of bluntly concerning modesty. It simply is keeping your private parts covered up the top and the bottom area. It's being humble going to the church service when you go to God's house of worship.

Out in the world you might want to do the flirting things that go on between a man and woman which is natural in nature for it to happen. But the church is the Lord's house and the Lord is your husband. The scripture used in the OP when taken in context of the chapter as a whole you will find that instructions are being given to men and women on how they should conduct themselves within a worship service and what we are to put our emphasis on. But it is rather odd to me that some folk eyes when it comes to scriptures they only get fixated on a women outward attire they are somew blinded to the inward attire in which scripture is addressing by using the natural attire to teach women about putting on a spirit of humility which is in the sight of God of great price having goods works in other words she lives and does right in the eyes of God. A virtuous women would apply but what I'm talking about has nothing to do with clothing. But I'm in a different dimension I guess and I could care less how I'm labled for my views. Just speaking my mind bopeep to get my meaning clearly said and open the scripture further for the sake of good old discuusion. I just think somethings are backwards and the natural mind don't comprehend the things of the spirit as they are spiritually discerned. However I am against transvesdyke who dress in order to attract the same sex to themselves in order to lie with them sexually as such sexual relations are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord and is a deception against God's natural order being one man and one women. But that's a diiferent subject and I think somewhere in my words I've made my point on dressing modestly. blessings

I disagree.I think a woman should be dressed modest at all times.I am not into "flirting" things where a woman shows off her breasts to seduce a man.I have heard many women say "Well,I have it so I might as well flaunt it".I do not agree with this at all.

Oh I think modesty should be at all times in or out of church please don't misunderstand. I also think modesty as a believer means in flirting or what not. I am sorry if I came across any other way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Always have I advocated that Christian women dress to not call attention to themselves at all.  That means if my ear rings elicit compliments I stop wearing them to church so that people can focus on God.   But I do my best not to impose my standards for myself on others.  

The world will always act like the world.  I need more compassion on those who are not yet saved, and on those Christians whose appearance is still being conformed to the likeness of Christ.  I have a long way to go, as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Well this Christian woman in the winter lives in jeans, t-shirts and boots.  In the summer capreas t-shirts and sandals. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Always have I advocated that Christian women dress to not call attention to themselves at all.  That means if my ear rings elicit compliments I stop wearing them to church so that people can focus on God.   But I do my best not to impose my standards for myself on others.  

The world will always act like the world.  I need more compassion on those who are not yet saved, and on those Christians whose appearance is still being conformed to the likeness of Christ.  I have a long way to go, as well.

I would not care what kind of earrings I was wearing as long as they are appropriate and not obscene.But the modest appearance of the clothes I have on would be a concern for me and how others viewed me.

Well this Christian woman in the winter lives in jeans, t-shirts and boots.  In the summer capreas t-shirts and sandals. 

My uniform is t-shirts and jeans.That is because when I go to a clothing store all the tops are low cut.I do not relate in many ways to this world and the world of fashion is one of them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

How is a Christian woman supposed to dress?.....modest.

I'm going to put it out there kind of bluntly concerning modesty. It simply is keeping your private parts covered up the top and the bottom area. It's being humble going to the church service when you go to God's house of worship.

Out in the world you might want to do the flirting things that go on between a man and woman which is natural in nature for it to happen. But the church is the Lord's house and the Lord is your husband. The scripture used in the OP when taken in context of the chapter as a whole you will find that instructions are being given to men and women on how they should conduct themselves within a worship service and what we are to put our emphasis on. But it is rather odd to me that some folk eyes when it comes to scriptures they only get fixated on a women outward attire they are somew blinded to the inward attire in which scripture is addressing by using the natural attire to teach women about putting on a spirit of humility which is in the sight of God of great price having goods works in other words she lives and does right in the eyes of God. A virtuous women would apply but what I'm talking about has nothing to do with clothing. But I'm in a different dimension I guess and I could care less how I'm labled for my views. Just speaking my mind bopeep to get my meaning clearly said and open the scripture further for the sake of good old discuusion. I just think somethings are backwards and the natural mind don't comprehend the things of the spirit as they are spiritually discerned. However I am against transvesdyke who dress in order to attract the same sex to themselves in order to lie with them sexually as such sexual relations are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord and is a deception against God's natural order being one man and one women. But that's a diiferent subject and I think somewhere in my words I've made my point on dressing modestly. blessings

I disagree.I think a woman should be dressed modest at all times.I am not into "flirting" things where a woman shows off her breasts to seduce a man.I have heard many women say "Well,I have it so I might as well flaunt it".I do not agree with this at all.

One could still flirt although covered from head to toe... Just saying

Well this Christian woman in the winter lives in jeans, t-shirts and boots. In the summer capreas t-shirts and sandals.

My uniform is t-shirts and jeans.That is because when I go to a clothing store all the tops are low cut.I do not relate in many ways to this world and the world of fashion is one of them.

You could always where 2 layers. I do that for low cut blouses

Well this Christian woman in the winter lives in jeans, t-shirts and boots. In the summer capreas t-shirts and sandals.

You could always where 2 layers. I do that for low cut blouses

Yes,that is always an option.

Anymore popcorn left

Pass some here please..

popcornmuncher.gif

Someone needs to learn how to eat with their mouth closed.That is not good manners you know   :grin: