Jerry1023

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

the scripture says he is without beginning and without end? no geneaology? i dont understand this?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

the scripture says he is without beginning and without end? no geneaology? i dont understand this?

Most significant individuals in Scripture are identified not only by their name but also by their genealogy.

This was especially important with regard to the priests, because their ancestry was their main qualification for the priesthood. Aaron's genealogy is given to us several times!

But Melchizedek is just 'dropped' into the story in Genesis 14 with no explanation. He appears as if from nowhere, and disappears again just as completely. And he is given no genealogy. The writer of Hebrews considers these omissions to be highly significant.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Shem lived about 35 years longer than did Abraham....  Jacob was in his 40's when Shem died.

You won't find many here that will take any information on matters such as this, out of anything but the Canon Bible......      Jasher, Jubilees, Enoch are usually frowned upon here.

Yes, churchianity is well entrenched. The Church has a long history of being dumbed down from the history of the world, replacing it with the doctrines of men -- the teachings of Augustine, for example, that the Millenium had already begun in his day (400s AD), and was the fulfillment of Rev. 20's saints on their thrones. Lustily grabbed onto by Catholicism, and even many Reformers who came over 1000 years later.

Likewise Rabbinical Judaism, for its part, suppressed a great amount of useful material, and originated the nonsensical idea the the beny elohim of Gen. 6 were the sons of Seth.

And then "science" has come along with its "facts" about the history of the earth and the universe, and the evolution of mankind, "facts" which are totally unprovable by the scientific method. But never mind that, just believe the experts.

Wherever you find hierarchies established in institutions, be they religious, civil, or scientific, you can bet that the devil has his men at the top of them. And that wherever Truth is found, they will actively work to suppress it, and destroy its historical evidence wherever possible. Countless archaeological artifacts have been destroyed or hidden that would have provided evidence to contradict the official history, as anyone familiar with that field can tell you.

"The Canon Bible"? -- whose canon? Did God ever close his Word? If so, when did He say so, and through whom? Someone tell us, if you know.

The Revealer is coming, and that which has been suppressed will be shouted from the mountain tops, and overturn all of these hierarchies.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Jerry1023 said in post 1:

Who Is Melchizedek

Melchisedec could have been made in the same way Adam was made (Genesis 2:7), i.e. miraculously by God, without any human father or mother (Hebrews 7:3). And so, like Adam, Melchisedec can be a human. And Jesus, even though he is both God and a human (John 1:1,14), can receive the Melchisedechian high priesthood (Hebrews 6:20) just as Jesus can receive the human throne of David (Luke 1:32).

Regarding Melchisedec's "endless life" (Hebrews 7:3,15,16), it could be that he never fell into sin, and so never became mortal, just as Adam was immortal before he fell into sin (Genesis 2:17). And because Melchisedec wasn't descended from Adam, he had no original sin either (Romans 5:19a).

But how can Melchisedec have "neither beginning of days" if he was created like Adam? In the same way Jesus eternally pre-existed his incarnation (John 1:1,14)? And if Melchisedec eternally pre-existed his incarnation, how can he be only "like" unto the Son of God (Hebrews 7:3)? Wouldn't that require that Melchisedec is a distinct incarnation of God, besides Jesus, one that was not born like Jesus was?

Jesus is the high priest forever of the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 6:20), because of Jesus' divine/human power of an endless life (Hebrews 7:16-17). Because Jesus is God (John 1:1,14), even as a human it wasn't possible for him to remain dead (Acts 2:24).

• Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

All the other Kings in that story, the same as Melhisedec we don't know their fathers and or mothers and when they died. 

Of all the kings mentioned in this story and in the bible, he is the only one who's origin (in terms of mother, father etc) was not known.... and i know this because the bible says so.

So you don't want to make this into a doctrine but I believe that Melchizedek was Shem, but other like Ezra made be correct I supposed we may never know this side of heaven but it will be an interesting to ask when we see Jesus.

Good advice.  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,870
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

All the other Kings in that story, the same as Melhisedec we don't know their fathers and or mothers and when they died.

Of all the kings mentioned in this story and in the bible, he is the only one who's origin (in terms of mother, father etc) was not known.... and i know this because the bible says so.

Hello my brother, friendly conversation, for discovery, no nobody goes to trial, unless we have, the discovery meetings in Civil Law and the Disclosure and or a pretrial in Criminal matters and remember the Apeal avenue.

We are not in trial yet, I need to discover things,

Please can you tell what is in the bible ( it's a good but tricky question) before the book of Hebrews was added? About Melhisedec.

I will appreciate your response,

Your brother Timothy.

Hello my brother, friendly conversation, for discovery, no nobody goes to trial, unless we have, the discovery meetings in Civil Law and the Disclosure and or a pretrial in Criminal matters and remember the Apeal avenue.

Please can you tell what is in the bible ( it's a good but tricky question) before the book of Hebrews was added? About Melhisedec.

Your brother Timothy.

I have no idea what the first part of your post means, but from the second part, i assume you're asking me for reference to what i said...

The only reference to the "non-existence" of Melchizedek's father or mother is in Hebrews.

Your brother Timothy.

I have no idea what the first part of your post means, but from the second part, i assume you're asking me for reference to what i said...

The only reference to the "non-existence" of Melchizedek's father or mother is in Hebrews.

Can you please read genesis and also there is reference in the phalms about Melhisedec, and remember something, ipotheticaly you live before the book of Hebrews, so you don't influence your self by all commentaries,

It's a good exersize, let's see the facts and then we may try to discern the parallel pictures, I grew up in a judge home, I may be a help, or you may be a help to me. Thing about that.

• 1 month later...

Melhisedec spent nine months into his mother womb. And he grew up to be a king of a city and the sounding territory, he was also a priest of God, they same God as the God of Abram (Abraham ). Here we have someone who is a King and a priest. Good for him, he did live before the Jewish Nation and the Law of Moses, in any case he can not be a Jew and he can not be an offspring of Abraham, 

The similarities he shares with Jesus is that  he was both a king and a priest. And a Promish was made that the Messia will be both a king and a priest.  If you ask other questions about him pertaining to the family he came from, and his own family, is not recorder in the bible, but I am sure it is recorded by the istorians in his Kingtom. His scribes. 

But one record of him is that he met Abraham and a lot of other people with him and he went to meet them and offered them bread and wine. The same thing Jesus did on the last supper offered to his disciples the bread and the wine.

That was a picture when Jesus after his death will go to meet Abraham and the other people and give them the bread of life and the blood for the forgiveness of sins.