emekrus

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

“Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret”—1 Corinthians 14: 14

For several years in my Christian walk, the gift of interpretation of tongues seemed to be very scarce (in my ignorance) - though I have prayed for it severally as the scripture above says. Little did I know, that in my zeal, the gift have been manifesting through me- but I didn’t know.

For instance, many a time, as I discuss the scripture with some argumentative friends and course mates, in other to avoid being thrown off or gainsaid, I open my mouth in Tongues, and as I do, suddenly the right scriptural word to answer will flow into my mind. Even with their exact scriptural backings…

Many a time, as I lead prayers in my unit in the Church, while we’re praying out the prayer point raised, and I keep praying in other tongues, I keep getting inspiration of other powerful prayer points to follow immediately we end the first one raised.

Then sometimes, in my bus evangelism and house fellowship meetings; as I prophecy (speak forth) over the people, after my messages, I speak in Tongues, then immediately after the tongues, I receive Powerful inspiration for edifying prophecy.

In all these period of time, I still thought I didn’t have the gift of Interpretation of Tongues. And these is the situation of so many Christians today. They have prayed for the gift of interpretation of tongues, as the scripture admonishes us, but do not believe they have the gift already… And the bible says when we pray, we should believe that we received what we prayed for (Mark 11:24).

Like me then, they expect the manifestation to be more spectacular than it already manifests in them (or until they can interpret other people’s tongues) before they believe the gift is already manifesting through them…

It was not until late last year that I understood clearly the scriptural scope of the manifestation of the Interpretation of Tongues as I read “Smith Wigglesworth on the Holy Spirit”.

In that particular book, someone asked Smith Wigglesworth, when and how he gets the Interpretation of tongues. And he explained that the interpretation follows immediately after the tongue. That the interpreter does not know what he is going to interpret beforehand, but that however, after the interpretation, the interpreter will know what he has interpreted.

He added that the Interpretation is akin to speaking in tongues itself. You know, before you start speaking in tongues, you do not pre-meditate what you want to speak, but as you open your mouth in faith, the Holy Ghost will begin to give you utterances which you give voice to and you can hear the sounds as you speak.

So from his explanation, it is clear that the Interpretation of tongues, manifests (just like tongues) by faith. It is the divine inspiration you get immediately after speaking in tongues, and you give voice to it by faith.

And when you do give voice to it, it then serves the purpose of prophecy for the edification of others as well as yourself.

Sometimes the inspiration will be so strong that even when you do not give voice to it, it will flow from your heart to your mind just like the word of knowledge…

Concerning the above point, a few months back, while I was writing an exam on French-for which I didn’t understand some of the questions, (as I don’t understand much of the French Language-we were only writing it for academic purpose)- as I saw the questions and answered the ones I read about…

When I got to the questions I didn’t understand what they were asking, let alone their answers, I started speaking in tongues by faith (as I had purposed in my heart before the exam, that after answering the questions I know, the ones I don’t know, I was going to speak in tongues and believe the Holy Ghost for the interpretation of the French).

And sure enough, according to my faith, the Holy Ghost brought the interpretation of the French to my mind (as I spoke in tongues); and I answered all the questions by faith, and recently, as I went to check the result of the French, I passed it comfortably.

So if you have earnestly prayed for the gift of Interpretation of tongues, each time you pray in Tongues, open your mouth in faith- believing the Holy Ghost to give you the correct interpretations. And certainly he will give them to you. Because God never turn down faith.

Finally, I must add that the interpretation of tongues is not the same thing as language translation, but rather, a spiritual message (or summary) of all the tongues. To this end, a tongue may be very long, while the interpretation may be very short. While on the other hand, the tongue may be very short, but the interpretation may be longer. Either way, don’t give room to doubt or unbelief.

Although sometimes, your personal thought may interfere with the interpretation, but so long it’s done by faith, it is righteous. It is only when you do it in unbelief that it’s sinful---Romans 14:23 “….. For whatsoever is not of faith is sin”.

This sermon is opened to more insightful, spiritual contributions…

Remain Blessed!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Finally, I must add that the interpretation of tongues is not the same thing as language translation, but rather, a spiritual message (or summary) of all the tongues.

Since Scripture presents interpretation of tongues -- foreign languages which need an interpreter -- as a language translation, what are we to make of your statements?  The KJB translators could have (and should have) used the word "languages" for glossais, which would have made for less confusion.

Finally, I must add that the interpretation of tongues is not the same thing as language translation, but rather, a spiritual message (or summary) of all the tongues.

Since Scripture presents interpretation of tongues -- foreign languages which need an interpreter -- as a language translation, what are we to make of your statements?  The KJB translators could have (and should have) used the word "languages" for glossais, which would have made for less confusion.

You know, something amazes me so much about so many believers. Something they've never experienced and someone that have been privileged to have experienced it, is telling them what is what -and they're refuting it. So which part of the scripture says interpretation of tongues is a language translation? Quote the chapters and verses. And possibly you can also add examples.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

`Acts 2:11  NKJV " Cretans and Arabs--we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God"

Romans 8:26  NKJV  Likewise the Spirit also helps us in our weaknesses.  For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us---

Eph 6:18  NKJV Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,

Jude 20  NKJV  But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit                                                                                                    

1 Cor 14:2  NKJV  For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God,---but in the spirit he speaks mysteries

4              He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself--  (builds up, feeds)

5           --unless indeed he interprets that the church may receive edification

16             Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say?  17  For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.

The key is 1 Cor. 14:2  He who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God.   All tongues are directed toward God.

Your tongue  may have been a prayer for a word of knowledge or wisdom, or for a powerful exhortation from God.  So the next thing you spoke in English was the answer to that prayer.

But in the Bible tongues are always a praise, a prayer a petition, a thanksgiving, an intercession for others, a glorification of God.  They are all directed toward God.

Smith Wigglesworth is not the Holy Bible and he should not have tried to make a doctrine or teaching on how he understood his experience.  We only base doctrine on Bible.  No where in Scripture will you find that the interpretation of a tongue is a prophecy or any other type of gift that is directed toward man.  The interpretation of the prayer is so that others can agree with your prayer or praise and be built up through realizing how great our God is and how caring He is for ourselves and others we pray for.  

Pentecostals and Charismatics often neglect to search the scriptures to see if these things are so.  Goose bumps or the burning in the bosom do not validate the things we read or hear and may even lead us astray.  Only the Bible can be used to validate any teaching.  This is especially true with the "revelations" and "visions" some people claim to have, which we find to be contrary to Scripture or to go beyond Scripture.  This is why prophecy and revelations are to be judged by Scripture and not by goosebumps or the "burning in the bosom" as the Mormons claim. 

Blessings, brother,

Willa

So which part of the scripture says interpretation of tongues is a language translation? Quote the chapters and verses. And possibly you can also add examples.

Acts 2:1-11

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

HAD THE KING JAMES TRANSLATORS ONLY BEEN CONSISTENT, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD THE WORD "LANGUAGES" IN vv 8 & 11 JUST AS IN v 6.

Get a hold of a Greek lexicon, and see that the word translated as "tongue(s)" is the 17th century equivalent of "language(s)".  The Greek words dialektos and glossais are both translated as either languages or tongues.

So which part of the scripture says interpretation of tongues is a language translation? Quote the chapters and verses. And possibly you can also add examples.

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

HAD THE KING JAMES TRANSLATORS ONLY BEEN CONSISTENT, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD THE WORD "LANGUAGES" IN vv 8 & 11 JUST AS IN v 6.

Get a hold of a Greek lexicon, and see that the word translated as "tongue(s)" is the 17th century equivalent of "language(s)".  The Greek words dialektos and glossais are both translated as either languages or tongues.

All the scriptures you presented has to do with the gift of divers kind of tongues and not the interpretation of tongues. I need a scripture, (you know) where the gift of interpretation (by the speaker, not the hearer) was manifested.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

One time I attented a church meatind and during the worship someone started speaking very loud(no that it matters) in tounges ( a languish no one heard or new. It was a minute about, the leader said Lord give us the interpretation and after a few seconds someone else spoke in English. I went back to that church and it happen like it was something often .it was word of love , promice from Jesus encouragement guidance something like that. In other churches they don't allow any of that.

Your experience I don't judge, I can not , but to limit the gift to your experience and somebody else I wiil judge all the time. I will sugest that you ask Jesus to give the tounges to some else and the interpretation to another, and not to you or the people you shoose.

The error is present when some says I will induse with my will the speaking of tounges and.....then is not God given but self induse. May be that Jesus is preparing for a gift(s) but you reading other people suggestions you are misidentified.

Also some other spirit may have aproch you and you have accepted it thinking it is from God because of your thirst. Bring it to Jesus in prayer.

Some times Jesus let happen this way so you will know how to discern one for the other.

Saying that I may say the Lord is building you up in the gifts of identifying the counterfeit gifts from the enemy.

I speak not from reading a book which I can not judge in totality, but listen to your brother when you read not just books but even the scriptures don't see things just they way you like.

Remember the growth comes by pruning. And with all the respect examine carefuly what you perceive. Have you learn how to examine what we think.

My suggestion study law on your own learn how to develop sound reasoning and the Holy Spirit helps and the devil likes to be part of our growth.

Can you not see every body says only the Holy Spirit will speak to me and they say not only things that are frivolous but that opposed one another and to scare people not to oppose them,

Dear brother we also have our own understanding and our own spirit who is not the Holy spirit and communicates with us and our own thoughts carefully

All the scriptures you presented has to do with the gift of divers kind of tongues and not the interpretation of tongues. I need a scripture, (you know) where the gift of interpretation (by the speaker, not the hearer) was manifested.

In Acts 2, the people from Egypt were hearing the Egyptian language, while the people from Arabia were hearing the Arabic language spoken by Galileans.  Each one understood their own language.  But within the churches where only Aramaic or Greek was spoken, someone would need the supernatural ability to interpret Egyptian or Arabic if those were the languages which were spoken supernaturally. Comprende?

So you did get Scripture, but you failed to comprehend what was presented.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

As far as scripture on the subject, the bible is vague when it comes to interpretation of tongues, except that we should seek after it. It is a manifestation of the Spirit, where Holy Spirit makes clear what is being said. I remember praying in tongues with some friends and a friend gave a prophetic word over me about God's word going fourth like a hammer. Later on I was on an online thing on Skype where people were practicing interpretation of tongues and they almost quoted word for word my friends prophetic word and said that is what I was praying for in the Spirit. I've had other times where I'll be praying and then suddenly a revelation about the word, wisdom about a situation, etc. will become really clear while I'm praying in tongues.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Not having much experience with this, maybe for thinking in visual ways, but hearing a preacher go speaking in tongues there is an energy about it. There ought to be two or three witnesses that verifies the interpretation, I think. It's happened to me a few times before, I don't understand it, feels like gibberish but then after it happened I try to remember what it is and there is an accent to it. I think, maybe this word or that word, if I can recognize anything, but never sure enough myself. I have to concede to fact that such a gift is given out to some more than others, so I believe those who are good with it ought to be recognized for it and given opportunity to share the messages if they're prophetic.