IGNORED

The 'Selfie' obsession - I don't get it!

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

I just thank God I never got so crazy about MYSELF that I thought everyone else wanted to look at me constantly. Good grief, do these selfie addicts have no lives whatsoever other than FB and Twitter? I would love to tell them that those things are not life at all. They're fantasy. Oy!

Yes, they have no lives, nothing like to sophisticated people on the forums who spend all day thinking others want to constantly read what we have to say.
Discussion and self admiration are two different things, O man. I don't see anyone here at Worthy displaying any vanity or living their lives through this forum. We all have a common foundation, the Lord. The social media sites are different.
Well... Seems like u are saying just because we are at worthy, u don't see the problem coz worthians are for the Lord, meanwhile, those in the social media are not. Moreover, to those whom you say dress or post "abnormally".i mean.. How do u know? If they are for the lord or not? Just coz of what they post on social media? Hmmm selfie is selfie regardless, worthy or outside worthy. Social media or not. Scantily or not. N worthy can be considered as a form of social media.

I have seen a couple of avatars in the past of people who have done a selfie.They were female and they were not very appropriate for a Christian message board in my opinion.

Here?  On this forum? 

One here and one on another message board.No one who is on these discussions.In fact I have not seen the woman for a long time who posted the inappropriate avatar of herself.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I just thank God I never got so crazy about MYSELF that I thought everyone else wanted to look at me constantly. Good grief, do these selfie addicts have no lives whatsoever other than FB and Twitter? I would love to tell them that those things are not life at all. They're fantasy. Oy!

Yes, they have no lives, nothing like to sophisticated people on the forums who spend all day thinking others want to constantly read what we have to say.
Discussion and self admiration are two different things, O man. I don't see anyone here at Worthy displaying any vanity or living their lives through this forum. We all have a common foundation, the Lord. The social media sites are different.
Well... Seems like u are saying just because we are at worthy, u don't see the problem coz worthians are for the Lord, meanwhile, those in the social media are not. Moreover, to those whom you say dress or post "abnormally".i mean.. How do u know? If they are for the lord or not? Just coz of what they post on social media? Hmmm selfie is selfie regardless, worthy or outside worthy. Social media or not. Scantily or not. N worthy can be considered as a form of social media.
As I said in another post, Tanusha, I tell it like I see it. If anyone wants to take offense at comments made about the selfie culture in general I can't do anything about that. No one here on this forum is posting the kind of pics I see on FB and Instagram. To say other wise is ridiculous. Do I know that those posters are not for the Lord? No, I don't. But believers usually don't exhibit such behavior. Why are you getting so incensed over this anyway?
Are u sure believers dont do so? Unbelievers don't do so either. Lol. Well, that's the thing: ppl see what they see. We can't make a general notion n claim that, because the following comments do not reflect that. I am amused with all the comments really, made by those who just don't do so. N then linked that to as deciding whether they are believers or non believers in general. Again, you see what you see n u made your comments. I see what I see and I've said it that's all. I believe your last question could be applied to u as well. Y ur getting worked up over what others post or do? Just saying. No offense. Going back to your op, what did you do with your friend? Have you advice her? Or you have decided to rant about her here? In your mind, you are already condemning her, don't you think? Even if generally.

Sorry, you don't know me personally and you've no idea what I think.  I post about the culture and problems occurring in that culture.  I don't get worked up about what other people do nor have I labeled ANYONE a believer or nonbeliever.  I try to understand WHY they do things.  I HAVE told my friend that she has a problem and I have NOT ranted about her here.  Please read more carefully. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

As I said in another post, Tanusha, I tell it like I see it. If anyone wants to take offense at comments made about the selfie culture in general I can't do anything about that. No one here on this forum is posting the kind of pics I see on FB and Instagram. To say other wise is ridiculous. Do I know that those posters are not for the Lord? No, I don't. But believers usually don't exhibit such behavior. Why are you getting so incensed over this anyway?
Are u sure believers dont do so? Unbelievers don't do so either. Lol. Well, that's the thing: ppl see what they see. We can't make a general notion n claim that, because the following comments do not reflect that. I am amused with all the comments really, made by those who just don't do so. N then linked that to as deciding whether they are believers or non believers in general. Again, you see what you see n u made your comments. I see what I see and I've said it that's all. I believe your last question could be applied to u as well. Y ur getting worked up over what others post or do? Just saying. No offense. Going back to your op, what did you do with your friend? Have you advice her? Or you have decided to rant about her here? In your mind, you are already condemning her, don't you think? Even if generally.

Sorry, you don't know me personally and you've no idea what I think. I post about the culture and problems occurring in that culture. I don't get worked up about what other people do nor have I labeled ANYONE a believer or nonbeliever. I try to understand WHY they do things. I HAVE told my friend that she has a problem and I have NOT ranted about her here. Please read more carefully.
alright

Okay then.. If you say so...But perhaps it would have been better if you didn't describe her or anyone else next time. :) u know tight clothes, shorts, low cut, 40s, in car...

Sorry, you don't know me personally and you've no idea what I think. I post about the culture and problems occurring in that culture. I don't get worked up about what other people do nor have I labeled ANYONE a believer or nonbeliever. I try to understand WHY they do things. I HAVE told my friend that she has a problem and I have NOT ranted about her here. Please read more carefully.
alright

Okay then.. If you say so...But perhaps it would have been better if you didn't describe her or anyone else next time. :) u know tight clothes, shorts, low cut, 40s, in car...

Well you don't know HER either so I wouldn't worry about it, Tanusha.  You seem to have a real problem with the facts about those obsessed with this selfie thing.  I don't know why and I'm not trying to find out; that's your prerogative.  Just let it suffice when I say that I post as I see fit and will not be told how to do that by anyone except the mods. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

alright

Well you don't know HER either so I wouldn't worry about it, Tanusha. You seem to have a real problem with the facts about those obsessed with this selfie thing. I don't know why and I'm not trying to find out; that's your prerogative. Just let it suffice when I say that I post as I see fit and will not be told how to do that by anyone except the mods.
Funny how u don't know me but you know my problem. I don't have problem with ur issue but the manner it is being brought up. Anyway, true... I donno you nor your friend, and I am certainly no one to you that you have to be obliged to me either. I don't expect you too. In fact, I have already mentioned that as well. I have just said what I have to say.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,438
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Funny how u don't know me but you know my problem. I don't have problem with ur issue but the manner it is being brought up. Anyway, true... I donno you nor your friend, and I am certainly no one to you that you have to be obliged to me either. I don't expect you too. In fact, I have already mentioned that as well. I have just said what I have to say.

You know loved one this is not entirely true that which I have underlined :) God has not only obliged us to one another

because of His Spirit within us but also the world that contains not His Spirit... we are to expect hearts that are kind and

loving from the family as giving all they can do to facilitate to the needs of others around them :thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

You know loved one this is not entirely true that which I have underlined :) God has not only obliged us to one another

because of His Spirit within us but also the world that contains not His Spirit... we are to expect hearts that are kind and

loving from the family as giving all they can do to facilitate to the needs of others around them :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Yes  :mgcheerful:

I see.  I've no idea why you think this thread is about you but have at it.  I will not be responding to any more of your unintelligible ramblings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,438
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I see.  I've no idea why you think this thread is about you but have at it.  I will not be responding to any more of your unintelligible ramblings.

Okay let's start on mine... :24: we will ramble through my bramble ... can you fix me :red_smile: is it alright if we let Tanusha help :blink:

Edited by enoob57