• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

If it's a Congregational church it is probably part of the United Church of Christ, an extremely liberal denomination. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

The Episcopal Church officially joined the Presbyterian Church (USA) & the United Church of Christ this week in becoming the third mainline denomination to embrace gay marriage rites - a move that comes just days after the US Supreme Court legalised same-sex unions.

Talking of an `alphabet soup` of letters - LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM? Housing for 15 alternative sexualities is ok, but men-only fraternities are not, Wesleyan University says. This includes sadomasochists......

The letters stand for -  lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, flexural, asexual, gender***, polyamourous, bondage/disciple, dominance/submission, & sadism/masochism.

The Wesleyan website touts the school "diversity of housing options"

Probably even worse than Sodom & Gomorrah.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Makes sense to me.I am not shocked.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We can and should disagree with their lifestyles and bring Christ to them, just as Jesus brought truth to sinners.

Matthew 9:9-13

As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he arose and followed Him.

Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”