ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

So I spent a couple of days watching nasa tv, waiting eagerly for the moment new horizons reaches pluto, then 13 hrs later when new horizons signals Im here and made it safely past pluto, then today geeking out to the news conference from nasa and the updated information about new discoveries. 

I just wondered if anyone else was excited and having a science geekfest or if I was alone in my plutophile indulgences.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I think this is very cool.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/us/nasa-new-horizons-pluto-flyby/index.html

NASA on Wednesday revealed new images from the New Horizons spacecraft that flew by Pluto one day earlier.

"Yesterday, America's space program took another historic leap for humankind. Today, the New Horizons team is bringing what was previously a blurred point of light into focus," spokesman Dwayne Brown said.

The images the craft took and transmitted back to Earth are from the closest point the probe came to the dwarf planet as it made its milestone in space exploration history. With Wednesday's photos, New Horizons is also sending a banquet of knowledge to scientists.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I thought it was super cool! You are not alone in this, Jade lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I thought it was cool also and I'm glad I wasn't on that ride.  :grin: It also make me say to myself "Now what".

Oldzimm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I've been saving a lot - make that a LOT - of the pics to share 'em with my son The Nerd when he gets back home from visiting relatives this summer. Very very excited about all the new pics! (Does New Horizons have a mission now that's it's flown by Pluto though?)

I've been saving a lot - make that a LOT - of the pics to share 'em with my son The Nerd when he gets back home from visiting relatives this summer. Very very excited about all the new pics! (Does New Horizons have a mission now that's it's flown by Pluto though?)

I wondered about any future mission. From what I understand, it will spend the next 16 months sending back data from its flyby and then perhaps it will visit other kuiper body objects.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

So I spent a couple of days watching nasa tv, waiting eagerly for the moment new horizons reaches pluto, then 13 hrs later when new horizons signals Im here and made it safely past pluto, then today geeking out to the news conference from nasa and the updated information about new discoveries. 

I just wondered if anyone else was excited and having a science geekfest or if I was alone in my plutophile indulgences.

You are not alone...

It's great stuff, I am fascinated by things like this my only regret in life at all is that I wasn't born in an era of fast space travel.   Maybe one day trips to Pluto will be common I always have this dream that mankind  was meant to expand into the stars and populate the universe, but that sin held us back I do not want humankind in it's current state to pollute the universe with sin.

I will find out soon what the truth about the  Lord's purpose in such a big universe is I'm sure :)

Andy

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

i've been watching the coverage too.  It's awesome.  What happened to your sunglasses, A.J.?  They seem to be the thing to do right now. 

I missed my dove MG.

Im a space age baby. Ive watched all the missions since I was a little kid. I remember spending hours late at night watching voyager etc missions and its updates from nasa on pbs. This is the last of the great missions. And wow was it great. 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I wondered about any future mission. From what I understand, it will spend the next 16 months sending back data from its flyby and then perhaps it will visit other kuiper body objects.

i heard on the news that it has power for twenty years so maybe so.