IGNORED

What Old Testament Laws Do You Still Follow And Why?

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

That's all nice and feely bo, but not biblically accurate. Sure were not bound by it but Romans 7:7 clearly states that the law is there so that we know what sin is. If we don't know what sin is, then we have no need of a savior because we don't know what is sin and what is not.

If a Christian does not know what sin is and reads their Bible daily  they are in big trouble.

What is a sinner?

my point though. If you take out the OT, you can't know what sin is. If you eliminate the law, then you pretty much can do whatever you want.

Why in the world would you want to take out the OT?It is an important part of the Bible.The whole Bible ties together.The law is seen all through the NT.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

not even moses 'judged' others with his own discernment.

if the law said "adultery is sin" and "whoever commits adultery shall be stoned to death"

that was that --- yahweh's own judgment,  not man's.

everything yahweh ever said is a sin,  is still a sin.   it's not a matter of personal interpretation or determination.

jesus' disciples who remained faithful all agreed fully with this.   those who could not , they left him - just walked away from him instead of accepting his word,  and jesus

did not walk after them or try to get them back, no - he let them go.

chose today who you will serve.   that's practically, i think, the only real choice a person gets - will you serve yahweh, or serve self/world/satan/religion/science/money ...?

those who serve yahweh, abiding in yahshua(jesus), do as he says.  simple.

those who serve self/ satan/ world/  do what they want.  simple.

I'm not sure even what you mean by the bolded line above but we are no longer bound by the old laws.  We live under God's grace.  If you eat a pork chop or a bacon burger are you deserving of stoning then?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I see a lot of post on here about how tattoos are a sin because it says so in the Old Testament Law. Women should dress a certain way according to Old Testament law. I have asked before but have never been given an answer. Do the people that are pointing out these "sins" follow every Old Testament Law? Even the ones about what you should eat and ect ect? My understanding is that as Christians we are no longer under these Laws. So why are they're Christians among us who condemn other brother's and sister's in Christ for not following the Laws of the Old Testaments? And how do they themselves follow every Old Testament Law? Or Just the ones they use to condemn others? Like I said, when I ask these questions of them I get no answers from them. I want answers.

I try to obey the two great commandments (Mark 12:28-31):

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:5)

and

"Love your neighbour as yourself." (Leviticus 19:18)

These two are, in effect, a summary of the Ten Commandments. 

I agree with following the 2 great commandments.

1 Tim. 1:9-10 NKJV  knowing this:  that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, 

Gal. 3:19  What purpose then does the law serve?    It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made;----24  Therefore the law was our tutor that brings us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.   25 BUT AFTER FAITH HAS COME WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A TUTOR.  

5:18  BUT IF YOU ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW.

Gal. 5:4  You have been estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by the law.

Of course the people who point  their fingers at others about tattoos and wearing "mens clothing" are not keeping the whole law.  They point their fingers at others whom they find offensive.  And some of them are even harder on themselves than on others.  For some reason God has given me great loving compassion for them, because I once walked in their shoes.  It is not a happy place to be.  But you will find some of them more caring than you might first assume.  Search for the good in them and you will find it.  And don't forget to provide to them the grace and loving acceptance that you want them to provide to you.

Meanwhile I also occupy their disapproval, having worn hair above collar length most of my life and who owns one dress reserved for funerals and being in wedding parties.  But I enjoy blessed fellowship with God, being a joint heir with Christ, and having the Spirit in my heart crying Daddy!  And nothing shall separate me from His love.  For God doesn't look at the outward appearance, but looks at the heart.  And He finds Christ in there.  Praise His blessed Name!

Sinner-Separation from God?

Guest shiloh357

We are not bound to keeping the OT Sabbath day or to abstain from pork, nor are we required to keep the annual festivals.   It is the moral/ethical laws we are to keep. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Well anybody that that considers it a sin to eat pork must be a muslim or one of these health food gurus, they surely aren't following what Jesus said.

Matthew 15:11-18English Standard Version (ESV)

11 it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” 12 Then the disciples came and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”13 He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides.[a] And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” 15 But Peter said to him, “Explain the parable to us.” 16 And he said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled?[b]18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person.

I like my bacon crispy.

Oldzimm

9f8f55b474678a6191305f4671593e8b.jpg

I truly do not know.I love the stuff.I will take my crispy thankyouverymuch   :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

You guys are making me hungry and I just ate fifteen minutes ago, I had a hot sausage sandwich. (not pork again! says the health food guru)

Oldzimm

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I try to follow them all lol