IGNORED

Understanding Divine Prosperity

emekrus

Guest shiloh357

II Cor. 9:6-11   was written to a church and needs to be interpreted as a corporate blessing, not a personal blessing.   That is not a promise of personal abundance.   There  no promises in the Bible that guarantee personal wealth for serving God.

One only need to look at the apostles themselves, to see that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,236
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The whole may be seen in this the very simple:

Why would an eternal Being, The Only Eternal Being, pour out a temporary thing for us to

set our hearts upon? When He could pour out a eternal one that never passes away! The

overwhelming persuasion here is to focus upon that which passes away-> mainly because that

is what satan has control over and by having your attention to the temporary he shifts

focus from the eternal... Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Why would an eternal Being, The Only Eternal Being, pour out a temporary thing for us to

set our hearts upon? When He could pour out a eternal one that never passes away! The

overwhelming persuasion here is to focus upon that which passes awayp> mainly because that

is what satan has control over and by having your attention to the temporary he shifts

True thing, Noobers  :emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Ezra, I'm grateful to God for His every blessing, but I'm not gonna limit Him and say: cash only please! If He wants to feed by sending a raven, mannah or tell me to save and store my grain, who am I to argue against Him? You make it sound like God must work within our limitations in order to satisfy us. But He died to give us His life, not our own.

Nobody is limiting God, and there is no need to go off on tangents about other spiritual blessings, since Christians have received ALL spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus. 

By the same token Christians are not paying their bills via miracles every day, and I'm sure you are not.  If you are being fed by ravens, please let us know, but Scripture says that he who will not work will not eat, and the labourer is worthy of his hire, so Christians are working, earning a living, and paying their bills while they give to the Lord's work.  And Shiloh there is no such thing as "corporate blessings". 

Paul was exhorting individual, hard-working, and generally poor Christians to give bountifully.  Those words are addressed to individuals and how they should engage in Christian giving.  On a side note, the NT never askes Christians to give tithes and offerings, since those pertained to the Levitical priesthood.  Instead Paul talks about THE GRACE OF CHRISTIAN LIBERALITY.

Why do Christians think that cash is unspiritual when every day it is cash that moves forward the work of the Gospel and the Kingdom?  The Bible does not condemn wealth but it strongly condemns THE LOVE OF MONEY.

It wasn't a tangent, Ezra, it's what has been discussed from the very beginning of this thread.  There is no need to be sarcastic. The point still stands that God must be all our sufficiency, and there are those who are depending on Him with miraculous results on a daily parts of the world that you haven't even heard of.  Would that we all.  And the days are coming when we will have to, or accept the mark of the beast.

Please don't become embittered simply because I do not share your point of view.

Blessings.

just like Jesus did not appear to anyone except his disciples who remained his

after his resurrection (Jesus did not appear to any unbelievers),

so too the ravens will not

Yes, the point is that God can provide in any way He wants to, and He will provide for His people, make no mistake on that.

Blessings.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

The End-Time Humongous Prosperity

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. Matthew 24:9

Of The Church

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. Revelation 13:10

~

And to enjoy this bountifulness of God’s supply, of course you have to play your part. By giving, by paying all your tithes and offering regularly. And ultimately, serving the Lord committedly and whole-heartedly….

Failure to do all these, you may never part-take of these end time blessings that God have destined for his Church. Why so? Because God operates on covenant terms....

if you want to be a part-taker of this end-time humongous, prosperity of the Church….

:thumbsup:

Beloved, No Amount

And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha. 2 Kings 6:17

Of Money

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Saves

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house,

did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Praising God, and having favour with all the people.

And the Lord added to the church daily

such as should be saved. Acts 2:46-47

~

Sometimes I Think The Real Issue Behind This "Need" For Heaps Of Money

And The Desire For Buildings, Chauffeurs And Limousines

And Jet Powered Aeroplanes

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Is The Total Lack Of Understanding

Of The Power Of The God 

We Worship

Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? Matthew 26:53

~

Walk In Faith

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

overwhelming persuasion here is to focus upon that which passes away-> mainly because that

Very well put, Steven.  That pretty much says it all.