IGNORED

Who or what is the two witnesses of god in the end times?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi SINNERSAVED,

Remember that God has Moses body (krivaced!!! can`t spell it) Also Enoch had not witnessed about Christ in his lifetime.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

if it is two people that come back from the past, and has not tasted death , for the bible says that man is to live once and then judgment,

That's not necessarily an absolute.  Lazarus was raised from the dead as well as others.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

That's not necessarily an absolute.  Lazarus was raised from the dead as well as others.

that's a great observation, I will have to look into that view,

and I think maybe you should if you want it be great to get a topic started on that, it be a great post Last Daze, if you are willing to post it, I will comment to it, this could take a lot of responses, blessings to you brother, and for that thought.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

that's a great observation, I will have to look into that view,

and I think maybe you should if you want it be great to get a topic started on that, it be a great post Last Daze, if you are willing to post it, I will comment to it, this could take a lot of responses, blessings to you brother, and for that thought.

I don't have much more to add.  Here's the rest of that thought:

• And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.  Hebrews 9:27-28

It seems to be addressing more the one-time sufficiency of Christ's death for the remission of sins.  I don't think it's meant to emphasize "die once" (which is usually the case) but rather the sequence, like the sequence of Christ's sacrifice (first coming) and subsequent return (second coming).

• “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."  John 5:24

Some people don't come into judgment after they die, so I see it as more of a general statement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

The bible tells us what the witnesses are:     Rev 11:They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands

What are lampstands???   Rev 1:    the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

Lampstands are city churches.   In Rev 11:2 and 11:8 we see that Rev 11 is referring to Jerusalem.  Therefore the two lampstands are the 2 city churches of Jerusalem.  But why 2 city churches and not one?  

These two Jerusalem churches are also described as "olive trees".  An olive tree represents a nation.

Jeremiah 11               The Lord called you a thriving olive tree with fruit beautiful in form (Judah)

Romans 11       you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature  (a Gentile nation)

Romans 11       be grafted into their own olive tree! (Israel)

So these two olive trees are two churches in Jerusalem, from two separate nations. Some possibilities are:

A)  Judah and Israel churches (the 2 tribes and the 10 tribes)

B) Jewish and Gentile churches

C) Jewish and Arab churches

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Days Won:  1

I think one is Elijah,the other, Im torn between Mosses and Enoch

5 hours ago, n2thelight said:

I think one is Elijah,the other, Im torn between Mosses and Enoch

I'm just curious, why would you speculate over what the witnesses are , when the bible already tells us what they are?   

As I said in the post above, the witnesses are two churches (two lampstands) and two nations (two olive trees).  The symbols explain what they are.  They are two Jerusalem churches from two separate nations. 

13 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

I'm just curious, why would you speculate over what the witnesses are , when the bible already tells us what they are?  

As I said in the post above, the witnesses are two churches (two lampstands) and two nations (two olive trees).  The symbols explain what they are.  They are two Jerusalem churches from two separate nations.

And they(churches)get killed how?

8 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

And they(churches)get killed how?

Mass slaughter. I'm not referring to church buildings here, but churches as the lampstands are described in Rev chapters 2 and 3.    These lampstands represent the body of believers in a certain city.  The church of Jerusalem is the believers in that city. Two churches in Jerusalem that are also nations, could be the Jewish church in the JEwish quarter, and the Arab church from the Arab quarter. Something like that. Christians from two sectors of the city that unite to speak out against the beast.

51 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

Mass slaughter. I'm not referring to church buildings here, but churches as the lampstands are described in Rev chapters 2 and 3.    These lampstands represent the body of believers in a certain city.  The church of Jerusalem is the believers in that city. Two churches in Jerusalem that are also nations, could be the Jewish church in the JEwish quarter, and the Arab church from the Arab quarter. Something like that. Christians from two sectors of the city that unite to speak out against the beast.

So all these(mass slaughtered people )will lay in the street for 3 days,rise and be called to heaven?