IGNORED

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Could you please point out where I am cherry picking scripture here, because I am not awear of it and if you show me i can see what I am doing wrong.

To my knowledge, I am not manipulating any informative or defining any word outside it's dictionary definition.

Matthew 21:12-13 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

My idea of God is that he could cast out people and overturn table just by thinking it so. He did not have to pick up a weapon and shake it at them to get this done. He is God and his will will be done, but we don't have the right to assume from scripture how this was accomplished.

I am going to discuss your flaw in interpretation here. This is not about what Jesus COULD have done. He COULD have cast them out with His voice. He COULD have done anything He chose. He is God so He COULD do anything He wanted. This isn't a discussion of what God COULD have done, this is a discussion over what He DID do. And you just posted the scripture, stating what He DID do. And He DID NOT cast them out with His voice, he overturned the tables, and ran the people out with the animals. That is what He DID do. Period. 

Hmbld did I ever say he actually laid a hand on anyone? Or actually hurt them? No. You put those words in my mouth. But face it, if I were to charge into your room right now and start yelling at you to get out, while flipping all your furniture over, and flinging a whip around, would you not call that a act of violence, even if I never laid a hand on you? I know the Justice system would. I can see destruction of property charges, disturbing the peace, vandalism, and potentially assault with a deadly weapon charges being filed against me. You don't have to hurt anyone for the act to be "violent"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Rom 12:14

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Tools specific to Rom 12:15

Unchecked Copy Box Rom 12:15

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Tools specific to Rom 12:16

Unchecked Copy Box Rom 12:16

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Tools specific to Rom 12:17

Unchecked Copy Box Rom 12:17

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Tools specific to Rom 12:18

Unchecked Copy Box Rom 12:18

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Tools specific to Rom 12:19

Unchecked Copy Box Rom 12:19

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Tools specific to Rom 12:20

Unchecked Copy Box Rom 12:20

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Tools specific to Rom 12:21

Unchecked Copy Box Rom 12:21

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

52 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Hmbld did I ever say he actually laid a hand on anyone? Or actually hurt them? No. You put those words in my mouth. But face it, if I were to charge into your room right now and start yelling at you to get out, while flipping all your furniture over, and flinging a whip around, would you not call that a act of violence, even if I never laid a hand on you? I know the Justice system would. I can see destruction of property charges, disturbing the peace, vandalism, and potentially assault with a deadly weapon charges being filed against me. You don't have to hurt anyone for the act to be "violent"

I'm simply saying those verses do not support using weapons against people. The whip of reeds, symbolic of authority, is used to get animals to move.  No hint of it being used against people. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I've already discussed this with you and the manner in which you initially entered into conversation with me bears this out. I never said I was a victim of you. I simply don't accept peoples attitudes as anything I need to endure. Being victimized by you would have occurred if I let you get away with such attitudes. I didn't I simply remarked about, asked for respect from you and moved on. If you want clam I have any other intentions here I would ask you to submit certification that you actually know what Passive-aggressive activity is and are trained to diagnose such things in others. If not then can anyone assess that you are not  just someone who posts snarkily and attempts to paint others in the light favorable to you. when they respond to such posts..

I can continue throwing back the darts that you throw my way as long as you wish, but mixing it up with you is not a priority of mine.

You have 'discussed' nothing and we are not having a 'conversation'. You obviously are unprepared to speak regarding the subject at hand so you resort to this passive-aggressive routine. I am done with you. Time to put you on IGNORE.

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

That is a carnal reply.  We as  born again christians believe by faith on God's word and you know the definition of faith.  God take care of our needs in more ways that you think or rely.   Seem to me, that christians forget that God is a spirit and his promised in his word are for those who put their trust in those words.  We cannot second guess God as to his means and ways to provide for us. 

God most generally expects us to work for  our bread.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I am going to discuss your flaw in interpretation here. This is not about what Jesus COULD have done. He COULD have cast them out with His voice. He COULD have done anything He chose. He is God so He COULD do anything He wanted. This isn't a discussion of what God COULD have done, this is a discussion over what He DID do. And you just posted the scripture, stating what He DID do. And He DID NOT cast them out with His voice, he overturned the tables, and ran the people out with the animals. That is what He DID do. Period. 

Look I asked for the scriptures you said I was not getting, cherry picking or ignoring. I did that because I assume you knew more than I and could help me out on that. This would have been constructive and I could find out any errors in my understanding of scripture. I would have then apologized for wasting your time, acknowledged my errors and thanked you for helping me out. Lord knows I need it in more than one way. Did you do that, no. You opted to discuss your interpretation of the so-called flaws in my argument according to Patriot2016.

I have read the full scripture to what we were talking about to give you a chance to correct me, if that was not the scripture you were referring to.  That you have not done, so I can only assume that you've read the same scripture another way or you simply assume that you would do what was accomplished what was done in scripture a certain way and simply assume that God with his infinite wisdom and understanding of human as he does would do things the same way.  What I stated was that he could have cast them out and overturned the money changers tables  with a thought. He is God and doesn't need to become physical in anything he does.  What seems to be a sticking point is you automatically assume everything must be physical and God has done much more than remove people from an area just be saying it will be so.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

56 minutes ago, mikefromwichita said:

God most generally expects us to work for  our bread.

Sure, though that does not have anything to do with using weapons or fighting against people. 

1 hour ago, mikefromwichita said:

You have 'discussed' nothing and we are not having a 'conversation'. You obviously are unprepared to speak regarding the subject at hand so you resort to this passive-aggressive routine. I am done with you. Time to put you on IGNORE.

Dude, people can read the history of our posts here and make up their own minds as to the truth of how you portray me.  Let our words an actions speak for all of us. You do what you think is best. God bless and keep you.

Edited by Churchmouse

27 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Sure, though that does not have anything to do with using weapons or fighting against people. 

Would you REALLY allow your children to be killed rather than take up a weapon to defend them?

BTW, do you Vote?

5 minutes ago, mikefromwichita said:

Would you REALLY allow your children to be killed rather than take up a weapon to defend them?

BTW, do you Vote?

I knew this would turn political sooner than latter. The worst thing the Christian community ever did was embrace politics. We used to be recognized for our good works. Now we are recognize as conservatives and we are demonized by the opposition because of that label more than anything. How can we reach out to anybody beyond the idealistic wall politics have built to keep us in if those who truly need God are kept from us out of fear  of conservatism?