IGNORED

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

bROTHERS AND SISTERS , I WANTED TO GET A IDEA OF CHRISTIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT ARE IN SCRIPTURE TO LEARN IF IT WAS UP TO YOU TO OWN WEAPONS AND YOU HAD TO USE THEM, NOT ON HUNTING GAME, IS IT WRONG TO GO AGAINST THE SYSTEM WHEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING WRONGED, OR IF YOU HAD TO DEFEND YOUR SELF WOULD YOU DO IT WITH A WEAPON , WHERE IS THE LINE DRAWN, FOR MANY WOULD SAY DO NOT RESIST AND DO NOT FIGHT, AND SOME WILL SAY THE BIBLE DOES NOT TELL YOU TO FIGHT,  WHAT ARE WE TO DO IF WE ARE IN THAT SITUATION, WHAT IS OUR OPTIONS IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD,THERE IS GOING TO BE A TIME WE MAY HAVE TO DEFEND OUR SELVES, DO WE FIGHT OR DO WE GO PEACEFULLY, THIS HAS TWO SIDES TO IT, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY OTHER THEN GIVE THE OTHER CHEEK, IS THIS WHAT IT COMES TO, FOR NOW THE GOVERNMENT WANTS YOUR GUNS , DO CHRISTIANS CARRY GUNS?AND DO WE UNARM OURSELVES AS BELIEVERS ? I KNOW SOME OF YOU MAY BE THINKING ,WHATS WRONG WITH ME FOR ASKING THIS BUT IT IS A QUESTION TO BE ASKED FOR MANY HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND BELIEFS ABOUT THIS, AND I KNOW JESUS SAID LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD, BUT I AM TALIKING ABOUT DEFENDING YOUR FAMILY IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT, , YOU SEE THE RIOTS AND YOU SEE THE TURMOIL AROUND THE COUNTRY WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR DOOR, DO WE GO PEACEFULLY? IS THIS THE ANSWER?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

bROTHERS AND SISTERS , I WANTED TO GET A IDEA OF CHRISTIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT ARE IN SCRIPTURE TO LEARN IF IT WAS UP TO YOU TO OWN WEAPONS AND YOU HAD TO USE THEM, NOT ON HUNTING GAME, IS IT WRONG TO GO AGAINST THE SYSTEM WHEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING WRONGED, OR IF YOU HAD TO DEFEND YOUR SELF WOULD YOU DO IT WITH A WEAPON , WHERE IS THE LINE DRAWN, FOR MANY WOULD SAY DO NOT RESIST AND DO NOT FIGHT, AND SOME WILL SAY THE BIBLE DOES NOT TELL YOU TO FIGHT,  WHAT ARE WE TO DO IF WE ARE IN THAT SITUATION, WHAT IS OUR OPTIONS IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD,THERE IS GOING TO BE A TIME WE MAY HAVE TO DEFEND OUR SELVES, DO WE FIGHT OR DO WE GO PEACEFULLY, THIS HAS TWO SIDES TO IT, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY OTHER THEN GIVE THE OTHER CHEEK, IS THIS WHAT IT COMES TO, FOR NOW THE GOVERNMENT WANTS YOUR GUNS , DO CHRISTIANS CARRY GUNS?AND DO WE UNARM OURSELVES AS BELIEVERS ? I KNOW SOME OF YOU MAY BE THINKING ,WHATS WRONG WITH ME FOR ASKING THIS BUT IT IS A QUESTION TO BE ASKED FOR MANY HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND BELIEFS ABOUT THIS, AND I KNOW JESUS SAID LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD, BUT I AM TALIKING ABOUT DEFENDING YOUR FAMILY IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT, , YOU SEE THE RIOTS AND YOU SEE THE TURMOIL AROUND THE COUNTRY WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR DOOR, DO WE GO PEACEFULLY? IS THIS THE ANSWER?

What is your opinion?Get a gun for defense or trust God to protect you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Ok, first off, why all caps? Do you really need to scream at us? So do is a favor please and lay off the caps.

Second off, I'll come out and just say it, I am a proud member of the NRA, I own multiple firearms, I have a concealed carry permit, and I do carry on a regular basis, as well as practice and train with them to be proficient with them.

As far as when I had them, I feel God has given me not only the right, but the responsibility to protect my family, even if it means using deadly force. I would seek a peaceful resolution at all costs and try to avoid being in a situation where I would have to use one, but I garentees you, if there was rioting in the streets and they were hurting people and it came down to them or my kids, I garentees it would be it will be them even if it means standing on my roof with my sks.

As far as a revolution against the government, I can't really say, whether I would actively participate or not. A lot would depend whobwas fighting the government, as in how much I liked and can support their cause, how much of a chance I thought they had, which route keeps my family the safest without compromising values, and most importantly, where God was leading me.

Jesus was not a pacifist. The Bible does allow Christians to own weapons and use them in specific situations. And, as a father, we are responsible for raising, leading, and protecting, our families. Different people do it different ways, and I won't fault a christian for not owning firearms, but for me I keep two things by my bed at night-a bible and a .45 ACP.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

hELLO PATRIOT 2015. sorry about the caps, I like caps , but yelling I am not doing, okay I am also perficiant with weapons my self, but it is good to cross this bridge for many Christians think that believing in god means to give up your weapons, and I wanted to bring this to light for I am not a violent person, and I do not like to deal with any type of hostile conflict . but will take care of situations in the best easy way possible unless there is no other avenue, but with the violence and threats on the rise we are to protect our families, and best as we can as long as we are not exceeding the limit of going to far, we today are coming into a time of hostility and we may be that family or neighborhood being subjected to a take over, and we need to know what we should do as if planning for incase of emergency, having a action plan and knowing scripture to be in accordance to Gods will, to be equip , and to know how we should act as Christians and true believers in the Lord, we want to ensure we are all on the same page and not think it is okay to be loaded down for bear and just do what ever we decide , and not be praying and meditate on scripture and Gods will for us , we are to be in line with the word, we must seek God in all we do, and we must , place our full trust in him if it came to the point of edge that there is no other choice, I would seek unless it is to protect my family , I would not raise my hand or weapon , for it is Gods plan and His will that will dictate the out come of what we are to do,. and not to take justice into our own hands, I do not want to be the one that is faulted by holding the sword if I am not to raise the sword, I want to do as God guides me to do.this is my opinion only.

thank you Patriot 2015 for your comment, it is appreciated brother,

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The day is coming when they will beat their swords into plow sheers and learn war no more.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Fyi, if you type in caps in order to read this forum easier, you can also increase the size of the font for this site. Just hit ctrl button and at the same time +. It will increase the font for you. On every post anyone makes. If you make it too large, ctrl and - will decrease it. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Scripture does not rule out self-defence or protecting oneself or one's family from harm (Mt 26:53; Lk 22:36).  There are many ways to address this, and one should be clear that the presence of a lethal weapon can lead to fatalities. The reference to swords into plowshares points to a time in the future when warfare will be replaced by universal peace. It would not apply to self defence.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Self defense is a direct product of one declaring war upon another wherein the one being attacked chooses to defend himself. The scale of the war need not be a factor. Two people or two nations no difference. One who lives by the sword shall die by it. There are many who despise the word of God and create interpretations to make the word of God to none effect. None of which changes the truth. As much as lies within me I am at peace with all men yet I am not above being violent. What I know is that I will reap what I sew.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

SINNERSAVED said in post 1:

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

Under the Old Covenant, murder was forbidden (Deuteronomy 5:17), but killing in a war commanded by God was required (1 Samuel 15:3).

But under the New Covenant, which Christians are under (Matthew 26:28, Jeremiah 31:31), Christians are commanded to never harm anyone, even in self-defense (Matthew 5:39, Matthew 26:52). They are to be as harmless as doves (Matthew 10:16c). For Christians are commanded to love even their enemies (Matthew 5:44), and this means they must do them no harm (Romans 13:10a, Matthew 7:12).

It is the meek who will inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5, Psalms 37:11).

Christians don't employ physical weapons or any other violence against people (2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Ephesians 6:12-18). Instead, Jesus at his first coming set the example for what believers are to do when they are physically attacked by people (1 Peter 2:19-23). They are to go meekly like sheep to the slaughter (Romans 8:36), just like Jesus did (Isaiah 53:7). Obedient believers don't fear death (Hebrews 2:15), and don't love their lives unto death (Revelation 12:11b), but hate their lives in this world, so that they might retain eternal life (John 12:25, Mark 8:34-38). For obedient believers know that death is no loss for them, but gain (Philippians 1:21), as it brings their still-conscious souls into heaven to be with Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:8), which is far better than remaining in this world (Philippians 1:23).

During the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, believers (not in hiding) will have to face martyrdom with patience and faith to the end (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4, Matthew 24:9-13), just as believers have always had to spiritually overcome in the face of martyrdom (e.g. Revelation 2:10-11).

Daniel 12:7b shows that at Jesus' 2nd coming, he will come to a church which has been completely defeated physically by the Antichrist. For during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign, he will be allowed to make war against the church and to overcome it physically in every nation (Revelation 13:5-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13). It is only when the Antichrist has completely broken all the physical power of the church that the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 will end (Daniel 12:7b), and Jesus' 2nd coming will immediately occur, at which time he will physically resurrect and rapture (gather together) the church (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6). At his 2nd coming, Jesus will tread the winepress of God's wrath alone (Isaiah 63:3, Revelation 19:15-21), and so he/God will get all the glory for defeating the power of evil on the earth (Deuteronomy 32:39-43), for he/God won't share this glory with the church (cf. Isaiah 42:8-14, Isaiah 26:18).

--

Some people feel that part of loving one's family is providing for their physical protection.

But love doesn't require physical protection against evil. For Jesus loved the 1st century church in Smyrna, but he didn't physically protect it from evil (Revelation 2:10).

--

Luke 22:36b means every believer should obtain the sword of the Holy Spirit, which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17, Hebrews 4:12). The "two swords" which are enough for all believers (Luke 22:38) represent the 2 parts of God's Word: the Old Testament and the New Testament. Luke 22:36b can't mean every believer should obtain a physical weapon, for otherwise 2 physical weapons wouldn't have been enough for all the apostles (Luke 22:38). And Luke 22:36b can't mean any believer should obtain a physical weapon to attack other people with, even in self-defense. For believers are elsewhere commanded not to defend themselves when they are attacked, but to turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39). For those who take up a physical weapon to attack other people, even in self-defense, will perish by a weapon (Matthew 26:52).

• This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357

Pacifism is not biblical and Christian pacifism twists the Bible to support nonviolence even in self-defense.   Pacifism ensures the triumph of evil people.   Pacifism is a secular concept, not a biblical concept.   The Bible does not forbid Christians from defending themselves or their families.