Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"

And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
Give thanks

We give thanks to You oh Lord
We give thanks

This morning in church the sermon was all about grumbling ...and how unhealthy this is ..and it can make you sick, the Lord is not pleased with grumbling and complaining ,in the O.T there were consequences for Israel and when the people complained:Now the people became like those who complain of adversity in the hearing of the LORD; and when the LORD heard it, His anger was kindled, and the fire of the LORD burned among them and consumed some of the outskirts of the camp. 2The people therefore cried out to Moses, and Moses prayed to the LORD and the fire died out.…

How easy it is to complain about things if they don't go the way we want or how we think they should happen ,it takes a prayerful attitude to stop  complaining and to be positive and thankful for every thing and every situation..

Cast all your cares upon the Lord and He will hear you,in Psalm 55:17 it tells us that we can bring our grumblings and complains to the Lord and He will hear us

Psalm 55:17
As for me, I shall call upon God, And the LORD will save me. 17Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, And He will hear my voice. 18He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me, For they are many who strive with me.…

2 Cor.4:15-16
 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. 
3 For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.

Psalm 95 :2-3Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. 
3 For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Philippians 2:14 says, “Do all things without grumbling and fault finding and complaining…

Complaining comes from an ungrateful, prideful attitude of the heart.

Complaining is Evidence of Unbelief for not trusting God that He takes care of us and is with us in every situation !

The pastor this morning  used the example of the 9 people who all lived in 1 room and 1 boy was extremely unhappy about it and couldn't handle it any longer . He went for help and the counselor told him to bring a goat with him in the room,he did as he was told and noticed right away how bad the smell was around him and as the days passed by he could not stand the smell any longer and went back to the counselor and complained that he couldn't stand the smell of the goat anymore ,the counselor told him to take the goat out his room and to come back in a week,he did again what he was told and got rid of the goat,immediately he started feeling better and in a week he went back to the counselor who asked him how he was doing and he told the counselor that since the goat was gone he felt great!

Grumbling leads to crumbling
Gratitude leads to healthy attitude

Col.3:15

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Thank you for the reminder.  So do I thank God for all the smoke from forest fires surrounding us (but not nearby)?  I guess that I can be thankful that my asthma/bronchitis is slightly better today, the infection is decreasing in spite of the unhealthy air warnings.  I can thank Him that my blood sugar that has been way high from the prednisone is starting to come under control.  I can thank Him for all the people on Worthy who have been praying for me.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

e81d2622e88e2ea72f965eb2514d1b67.jpg

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you for the reminder.  So do I thank God for all the smoke from forest fires surrounding us (but not nearby)?  I guess that I can be thankful that my asthma/bronchitis is slightly better today, the infection is decreasing in spite of the unhealthy air warnings.  I can thank Him that my blood sugar that has been way high from the prednisone is starting to come under control.  I can thank Him for all the people on Worthy who have been praying for me.  

Hi Willa,

Amen to your post , God is good and takes care of His children:) 

I agree so much with you ,we have so much to be thankful for and it's good to be reminded now and then not to complain because that's human nature and because all the things God has done for us we do have a new life in Him and He takes care of us and is in control over everything in us and around us :)

I try not to worry but to trust God for everything for He is my hope and my Salvation ,we don't know about tomorrow but we do know that our heavenly Father cares...

Colossians 3:15-17

15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

God never at all leaves nor forsakes us. As the Lord is right there inside of us. Even if we do not feel it. Just lean on the Lord for guidance and support.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Yes, I am also  leaning on the Lord.  Have learned what that means more than ever these past few months as am recovering from a fractured vertebrae and bruised ribs injury.  Trusting in His Care and guidance as to further medical tests to root out causes.   I am in good hands.  His.  And I am thankful.

Yes, I am also  leaning on the Lord.  Have learned what that means more than ever these past few months as am recovering from a fractured vertebrae and bruised ribs injury.  Trusting in His Care and guidance as to further medical tests to root out causes.   I am in good hands.  His.  And I am thankful.

Hi Seabrook,

Amen ,God is good and God will always make a way when we don't see a way ..

He will give us strength for everyday and guide us,all we do have to do is trusting.

What would we do without the hope we have in Him

Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I am thankful that my heart was opened to God.He is in the driver's seat in my life and in my son's life.He is #1 on our home.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The best way to give thanks to the Father is to pray to him and thank HIM for another day and all that HE has provided for us. Even though we may have problems of all shapes and sizes, just remember HE is there to help us and guide us through our everyday tasks.

(1Th 5:18)  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Peace and Love

Amen , God is good and takes care of our  burdens !

Psalms 55:22

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.