• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/22/pf/world-without-work/index.html

The most common occupation among American men is driving. But the advent of the driverless car could put lots of cab drivers, truck drivers and limo drivers out of work in the not-so-distant future.

Automation may also replace the jobs of many retail salespeople, cashiers, office clerks and food and beverage workers, said Derek Thompson, senior editor of The Atlantic, in an interview with CNN'sFareed Zakaria that will air Sunday.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

There are so many problems with automation. For instance, my bank tries to get everyone to use an automated teller. Then I read an article about how if you deposit your paycheck in one of those automated things, the paycheck itself is read by automation. In the case of one woman, she deposited it and the automation couldnt read the paycheck. It rejected it without her finding out .... until she had a lot of overdraft charges because her 1400 dollars didnt show up in her account. 

Can you really trust automation?

Yes,they had better do some improvement on their technology.It takes forever to deposit a check at the ATM.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Sounds like the Terminator: Rise of the Machines all over again. 

I don't think driverless cars are going to be putting cabbies out of work too soon, but you never know.

Sounds like the Terminator: Rise of the Machines all over again. 

I don't think driverless cars are going to be putting cabbies out of work too soon, but you never know.

I have seen them on the internet.Companies are working on them.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There are so many problems with automation. For instance, my bank tries to get everyone to use an automated teller. Then I read an article about how if you deposit your paycheck in one of those automated things, the paycheck itself is read by automation. In the case of one woman, she deposited it and the automation couldnt read the paycheck. It rejected it without her finding out .... until she had a lot of overdraft charges because her 1400 dollars didnt show up in her account. 

Can you really trust automation?

If I really don't want to go to the bank, I can take a picture of the check on both sides and deposit it from my cell phone......    but I do get email type responses with conformation numbers to let me know if it is ok.......     I would guess she was in a hurry and didn't bother to get conformations...  I've never heard of a place that didn't do that.  Whatever the case you should never write checks on money that does not show up as available on your balance.....  

Automated cars???  Well, we will be needing lots more doctors, nurses, undertakers and funeral homes. 

Just think you could go to work and just sit back and relax and do whatever.I think they would be safer than what we have now.Maybe they would not cut out in front of another car or go through a red lights.Maybe they would even use their blinker.Just think of that!!  :huh:

Automated cars???  Well, we will be needing lots more doctors, nurses, undertakers and funeral homes. 

Just think you could go to work and just sit back and relax and do whatever.I think they would be safer than what we have now.Maybe they would not cut out in front of another car or go through a red lights.Maybe they would even use their blinker.Just think of that!!  :huh:

Automated cars have been shown to have some pretty serious problems. I drove a car for only 2 months, and that was enough, that had a transmission that anticipated your moves. It drove me through a red light into the intersection. It also stopped suddenly before I got to a red light too. Then it decided I needed to drive under 55 mph on a highway. Well under. I had to pull the car off on to the shoulder and wait for it to stop "anticipating" so I could continue on. I couldnt wait to get rid of that car. Automated cars cannot make proper decisions on driving. 

..... just think? .....   remember our Master's lesson in prayer to Father -- "Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...." ?

i.e. in heaven,  there is nothing that pollutes, nothing.   (the only 'cars' that don't pollute directly are bicycle powered, that I've seen;    ... and then the Amish/Mennonite horse drawn vehicles too....)

and , most often,  the worldly/ carnal/ greedy/ stock market doesn't affect the righteous communities - agriculture/ farming/ wood/furniture manufacturing/ self-sustained  ,  as rare as they are,   

they obey God's Word .... 

Bicycle manufacture directly pollutes. 

What you call righteous communities of "sustainable" farming lead to famine now. All you have to do is look at africa where they practice farming in the old ways. Your social justice gospel leads to death.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Good point.