• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

5 hours ago, Sister said:

I appreciate that information, and we can go on an on about all the history, but there has to be one version unchanged, which means God's Word is still preserved today for "all generations" as promised by him.

The only perfect version resides in heaven. Nothing that mortal man puts his hand to is without flaw.

That means there should be no doubt whatsoever in a single translated word, for then the whole book cannot be trusted.

There are continuing doubts about many biblical words and phrases, particularly in the OT. Some Hebraic poetic idioms, and some words, for example, have been lost to time. What can be trusted is that the Bible is redundant in all of its essential doctrines, under the oft-repeated biblical principle of "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

I believe "Easter" is the correct word translated, because if we know history, this celebration practiced by the Romans then, was passed down from other civilizations and involved worship of the Goddess "Dianna" the pagan Queen of heaven who goes by many different names according to culture, tracing it's roots right back to Ninevah or even Babel.  So it's not a mistake, but a revealing.

Sorry, it is a mistake of the KJV translators. Most other version correctly read "Passover." The context of Acts 12:4 is about the Jewish Feast of Unleavened Bread (Acts 12:3), lasting seven days, which began on Passover. Herod was a Jew, not a Roman: he would have been murdered if he had observed Easter, a pagan holiday.

What you are essentially claiming, like so many KJV-only folks, is that the KJV translators were more inspired than Luke, the author of the book.

• Group:  Royal Member

On 2/26/2016 at 11:53 AM, WilliamL said:
On 1/14/2016 at 10:42 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi WilliamL,

Oh, but the company that go with the Russians have been busy breeding up more horses for their army. Will look into my files to find more about this.

Marilyn. 

On 1/14/2016 at 6:34 AM, WilliamL said:

I await your evidence, but won't hold my breath. "All of them riding on horses..."

Glad I didn't hold my breath!

Still waiting on Marilyn and others who believe that the Ezekiel 38-39 war will begin, or come early in, the End Times -- to explain these flesh-and-blood horses that the birds will eat the flesh of.

Horses are useless in modern warfare, as long as fuel-powered vehicles and high-powered weapons are available. Besides which, no one has ever shown any nation that could field a vast number of trained warhorses and riders.

People need to establish the foundations of their prophetic interpretations first upon hard facts. And these horses, and the unwalled peaceful villages, are hard facts of this prophecy that one cannot ignore, and still have their eschatology taken seriously.

What say ye, Spock?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

32 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Still waiting on Marilyn and others who believe that the Ezekiel 38-39 war will begin, or come early in, the End Times -- to explain these flesh-and-blood horses that the birds will eat the flesh of.

Horses are useless in modern warfare, as long as fuel-powered vehicles and high-powered weapons are available. Besides which, no one has ever shown any nation that could field a vast number of trained warhorses and riders.

People need to establish the foundations of their prophetic interpretations first upon hard facts. And these horses, and the unwalled peaceful villages, are hard facts of this prophecy that one cannot ignore, and still have their eschatology taken seriously.

What say ye, Spock?

Hi WilliamL,

If you would note who comes with Russia in the war, (Ez. 38 - 39) you would see that they do not all have  modern armaments. (poorer nations) Quite feasible for them to have horses etc. Also there is a lot of rugged terrain in the Middle east which would make horses quite useful as well as tanks etc.

God says there are horses & I don`t see that He is symbolising there bro.

Wont have long to wait & see. I expect about 4 years. and of course you can remind me.:D

About the unwalled villages, which I have spoken about before. When the Syrian conflict gets sorted out then there will be a season of peace & we know that many Israelis & others live in villages outside the walled area, thus unwalled villages. Nothing hard about that. The detail of the `unwalled,` actually points to the fact that some other areas have walls.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

What will happen when the oil runs out in a country.  What will happen if refineries go down.  Guess what;  Your two garage house will be a two garage house and both your vehicles will stay there.  What will happen if there are a few major vessels who have oil spills.  Horses are the next best thing to move an army, especially in those areas around the Middle East.  No major super highways like the United States.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On February 27, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

You are a very encouraging gentle -man. I am nearly at a loss for words. (for once.:D) I so do hope & pray that it is only what is true of God`s word that will reside in people`s hearts. I also know that I have been taught many, many things that are different from what others have been taught, thus I do expect some flack, misunderstanding, attacks etc & also good discussions. However when I get such very kind words I am really floored. It actually made me cry with tears of gratitude to the Lord for showing me, even in part that His truth is slowly, in these areas, is at least, being thought though, which is quite necessary - to study carefully.

You are a such a blessings & good example here to all, dear bro in the Lord.

Bless you & your family. Marilyn. 

Thank you, sis. 

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi WilliamL,

If you would note who comes with Russia in the war, (Ez. 38 - 39) you would see that they do not all have  modern armaments. (poorer nations) Quite feasible for them to have horses etc. Also there is a lot of rugged terrain in the Middle east which would make horses quite useful as well as tanks etc.

God says there are horses & I don`t see that He is symbolising there bro.

Wont have long to wait & see. I expect about 4 years. and of course you can remind me.:D

About the unwalled villages, which I have spoken about before. When the Syrian conflict gets sorted out then there will be a season of peace & we know that many Israelis & others live in villages outside the walled area, thus unwalled villages. Nothing hard about that. The detail of the `unwalled,` actually points to the fact that some other areas have walls.

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

wow, very interesting perspective on "villages outside the walled areas."  Clap clap

when do you see Damascus getting nuked?  Before or after peace?  

I know you don't see psalm 83 as being future, but don't you think God's word demands Damascus to get wasted?  If this is not done in the Gog battle, when? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Marilyn,

wow, very interesting perspective on "villages outside the walled areas."  Clap clap

when do you see Damascus getting nuked?  Before or after peace?  

I know you don't see psalm 83 as being future, but don't you think God's word demands Damascus to get wasted?  If this is not done in the Gog battle, when? 

Hi Spock,

Damascus - a detail worthy of looking into. So are you referring to Isaiah 17 -

`The burden against Damascus. "behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, & will be a ruinous heap.` (Isa. 17: 1)

Very clear. Now when is that you ask. I go no further than to look at the rest of the chapter. Here are some excerpts -

`In that day it shall come to pass that the glory of Jacob will wane,.......In that day a man will look to His Maker, & his eyes will have respect for the Holy one of Israel.` (Isa. 17: 4 & 7)

That tells me clearly that the timing is at the end of the (great) tribulation. for explanation & confirmation I go to Zechariah 12 & Revelation 16.

`And I will pour on the house of David & on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace & supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; ....` (Zech. 12: 10)

`Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, & a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!" And there were noises & thunderings & lightnings; & there was a great earthquake, such a mighty & great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth.

Now the great city was divided into three parts, AND THE CITIES OF THE NATIONS FELL.` (Rev. 16: 17 & 18)

So I personally believe that is when Damascus, the capital of Syria, the city of that nation, will fall.

Hope that helps. Marilyn. 

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

`The burden against Damascus. "behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, & will be a ruinous heap.` (Isa. 17: 1)

Very clear. Now when is that you ask. I go no further than to look at the rest of the chapter. Here are some excerpts -

`In that day it shall come to pass that the glory of Jacob will wane,.......In that day a man will look to His Maker, & his eyes will have respect for the Holy one of Israel.` (Isa. 17: 4 & 7)

That tells me clearly that the timing is at the end of the (great) tribulation. for explanation & confirmation I go to Zechariah 12 & Revelation 16.

`And I will pour on the house of David & on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace & supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; ....` (Zech. 12: 10)

`Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, & a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!" And there were noises & thunderings & lightnings; & there was a great earthquake, such a mighty & great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth.

Now the great city was divided into three parts, AND THE CITIES OF THE NATIONS FELL.` (Rev. 16: 17 & 18)

So I personally believe that is when Damascus, the capital of Syria, the city of that nation, will fall.

Ok, you don't see Damascus as the "great city" but you see Damascus as being one of the cities that fell in Armageddon.

the problem I have with this thinking is that it seems to me Armageddon is about all the nations rallying together to fight Jesus. I don't get the impression nation is fighting against nation and then Jesus returns to kill all the bad people on both sides. 

Thoughts?

13 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

What will happen when the oil runs out in a country.  What will happen if refineries go down.  Guess what;  Your two garage house will be a two garage house and both your vehicles will stay there.  What will happen if there are a few major vessels who have oil spills.  Horses are the next best thing to move an army, especially in those areas around the Middle East.  No major super highways like the United States.

You have the right general idea, but are missing some details. There is too much oil and natural gas left in the world to run out for a long time; but destroyed refineries and burned oil fields (like in the Gulf War) would have the same effect, and much more quickly. However, countries would still have large reserves of fuel stored to equip their armys' vehicles for quite some time.

And horses are still useless against automatic high-power weapons. They would get slaughtered by modern armies. Even Saddam Hussein's huge army of tanks, armored vehicles, and automatic weapons was quickly annihilated by the West in the Gulf War. Does anyone really think an army on horseback would be superior to Saddam's???

But when it comes to the interpretation of Bible prophecy, arm-chair analysts don't feel the need to consider how the realities of modern warfare negate the possibility of the Ezek. 38-39 war coming anytime soon. At least, save after a a thermo-nuclear war or other equally devastating event comes first. But if such occurred, then the Ezekiel/Russia war would not come first in order, like so many people claim.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

City : Now a City can be a Village, cross road, a place of gathering, a Country, a Planet, a Solar System. In the above it is a Planet and that planet is Earth. What God is telling us that the Earth will be cut into three parts. This is the end of Earth which is the Seventh bowl then God remembers it seventh sound, then they pray in heaven seventh seal.