Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I would like to reopen this discussion because I'm very open to believe the Gog/ Magog battle of Ezekiel 38/39 may be closer than you think. 

At this point, I'm thinking this battle will either occur just before Daniels 70th week or just after it began. Either way, I believe it is definitely not Armageddon and will definitely occur before Armageddon. 

Oh yes, there will be a second battle also called Gog Magog at the end of the Millenium but that is not important now, so I don't really want to discuss the end of Millenium battle. Let's stay on task here and talk about the battle in which God comes to the rescue of Israel, not man.  I have so many thoughts and scriptures running through my mind, but not now.

lets get this back up friends!

an eager Spock 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

12 hours ago, Spock said:

At this point, I'm thinking this battle [the Gog/ Magog battle of Ezekiel 38/39] will either occur just before Daniels 70th week or just after it began. Either way, I believe it is definitely not Armageddon and will definitely occur before Armageddon. 

Why? Scriptures, please.

10 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Why? Scriptures, please.

Let's start here William:

Ezekiel 38:

And the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying, 2Son of man, set thy face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3and say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal: 4and I will turn thee about, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them handling swords; 5Persia, Cush, and Put with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6Gomer, and all his hordes; the house of Togarmah in the uttermost parts of the north, and all his hordes; even many peoples with thee.

7Be thou prepared, yea, prepare thyself, thou, and all thy companies that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them. 8After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, that is gathered out of many peoples, upon the mountains of Israel, which have been a continual waste; but it is brought forth out of the peoples, and they shall dwell securely, all of them. 9And thou shalt ascend, thou shalt come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy hordes, and many peoples with thee.

10Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: It shall come to pass in that day, that things shall come into thy mind, and thou shalt devise an evil device: 11and thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates; 12to take the spoil and to take the prey; to turn thy hand against the waste places that are now inhabited, and against the people that are gathered out of the nations, that have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the middle of the earth. 13Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take the spoil? hast thou assembled thy company to take the prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take great spoil?

14Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: In that day when my people Israel dwelleth securely, shalt thou not know it? 15And thou shalt come from thy place out of the uttermost parts of the north, thou, and many peoples with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company and a mighty army; 16and thou shalt come up against my people Israel, as a cloud to cover the land: it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring thee against my land, that the nations may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

17Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Art thou he of whom I spake in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, that prophesied in those days for many years that I would bring thee against them? 18And it shall come to pass in that day, when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord Jehovah, that my wrath shall come up into my nostrils. 19For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; 20so that the fishes of the sea, and the birds of the heavens, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. 21And I will call for a sword against him unto all my mountains, saith the Lord Jehovah: every man's sword shall be against his brother. 22And with pestilence and with blood will I enter into judgment with him; and I will rain upon him, and upon his hordes, and upon the many peoples that are with him, an overflowing shower, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah.

spocks musings:

verse 4- I will put a hook into him (God is going to bring this about with his hook...just so he could show his mighty power and love, especially to Israel remnant)

verse 8- latter years (clearly latter years means end times, around or in Daniels 70th week), and they shall dwell securely (possibly after psalm 83 war or after peace treaty affirmed by the beast pursuant to Daniel 9:27)

verse 11- land of unwalled villages, dwell securely... (perhaps after peace treaty or psalm 83 war and the immediate neighbors are neutralized) 

verse 12- to take the spoil (Israel has recently found natural gas off the coast and oil in Golan Heights...some nations will covet- this is the hook)

verse 15- coming from uppermost north part (sounds like Russia to me, Turkey is not uppermost north)

verse 15- with many horses.(this is still huge for Russia)

verse 15- coming with many nations (Persia= Iran for one. Turkey for two, and A bunch of other Moslem nations in North Africa and around Middle East )

verse 23- why do this?  So that I will magnify my name to the nations and make myself known in the eyes of many nations.)

what do you think?

spock in the house on this one

7 minutes ago, Spock said:

verse 4- I will put a hook into him (God is going to bring this about with his hook...just so he could show his mighty power and love, especially to Israel remnant)

verse 8- latter years (clearly latter years means end times, around or in Daniels 70th week), and they shall dwell securely (possibly after psalm 83 war or after peace treaty affirmed by the beast pursuant to Daniel 9:27)

verse 11- land of unwalled villages, dwell securely... (perhaps after peace treaty or psalm 83 war and the immediate neighbors are neutralized) 

verse 12- to take the spoil (Israel has recently found natural gas off the coast and oil in Golan Heights...some nations will covet- this is the hook)

verse 15- coming from uppermost north part (sounds like Russia to me, Turkey is not uppermost north)

verse 15- coming with many nations (Persia= Iran for one. Turkey for two, and A bunch of other Moslem nations in North Africa and around Middle East )

verse 23- why do this?  So that I will magnify my name to the nations and make myself known in the eyes of many nations.)

what do you think?

Lotta unsubstantiated speculation. Daniel 9:27 is already fulfilled, as are Psalms 74, 79, 80, 83, and 89:18 & 38.

Israel is not a land of unwalled villages, nor is it dwelling securely, nor will it be (no scripture says so) until after earth is depopulated.

"...all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army" -- does not apply to any nation at this time, nor could it. There are simply not enough horses, nor trained riders. Why have them, when you have armored vehicles? What use would horses be against modern weaponry? Only after all the modern technology has been destroyed and/or become useless will armies again ride upon horses. Therefore, this prophecy clearly refers to the End Times, but at the tail end of the End Times, not the earlier parts.

(delete)

Agree to disagree William.

anyone else want to chime in about the soon coming Gog and Magog war. Iran + Russia coalition in the news daily. Hmmmm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,201
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, Spock said:

Let's start here William:

Ezekiel 38:

And the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying, 2Son of man, set thy face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3and say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal: 4and I will turn thee about, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them handling swords; 5Persia, Cush, and Put with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6Gomer, and all his hordes; the house of Togarmah in the uttermost parts of the north, and all his hordes; even many peoples with thee.

7Be thou prepared, yea, prepare thyself, thou, and all thy companies that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them. 8After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, that is gathered out of many peoples, upon the mountains of Israel, which have been a continual waste; but it is brought forth out of the peoples, and they shall dwell securely, all of them. 9And thou shalt ascend, thou shalt come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy hordes, and many peoples with thee.

10Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: It shall come to pass in that day, that things shall come into thy mind, and thou shalt devise an evil device: 11and thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates; 12to take the spoil and to take the prey; to turn thy hand against the waste places that are now inhabited, and against the people that are gathered out of the nations, that have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the middle of the earth. 13Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take the spoil? hast thou assembled thy company to take the prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take great spoil?

14Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: In that day when my people Israel dwelleth securely, shalt thou not know it? 15And thou shalt come from thy place out of the uttermost parts of the north, thou, and many peoples with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company and a mighty army; 16and thou shalt come up against my people Israel, as a cloud to cover the land: it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring thee against my land, that the nations may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

17Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Art thou he of whom I spake in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, that prophesied in those days for many years that I would bring thee against them? 18And it shall come to pass in that day, when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord Jehovah, that my wrath shall come up into my nostrils. 19For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; 20so that the fishes of the sea, and the birds of the heavens, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. 21And I will call for a sword against him unto all my mountains, saith the Lord Jehovah: every man's sword shall be against his brother. 22And with pestilence and with blood will I enter into judgment with him; and I will rain upon him, and upon his hordes, and upon the many peoples that are with him, an overflowing shower, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah.

spocks musings:

what do you think?

spock in the house on this one

Hi Spock,

I agree mostly with what you have written, bro. I however would not put in Turkey or the other Moslem nations around the Middle east. God`s word does tell us who goes with Russia - Iran, (Persia) Ethiopia & Libya. Also all the other nations that were part of the Soviet Union  - the Slavic nations & `...istans.` They still all have the communist philosophy, ideology & militaristic ambitions.

Now once that `little lot` have 5/6ths of their army annihilated then who is the power in the Middle east left?.....Mmmmmm......

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

5 hours ago, Spock said:

Agree to disagree William.

anyone else want to chime in about the soon coming Gog and Magog war. Iran + Russia coalition in the news daily. Hmmmm

Actually Spock,

God declares that HE will cause the Medes (Iraq) AND her ALLIES to come up against Babylon the Great before Christ's return, that war is being confused with Gog & Magog .. and that pre millennial coming war is NOT against a Israel at REST like Gog & Magog is, no, but is and will eventually TURN against the False Prophet and the GLOBAL ORDER (but only AFTER they are all marked) when he starts calling himself God in the rebuilt Temple in OCCUPIED Israel dude .. an occupied nation is not a nation at rest & at peace.

Serving.

On February 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

I agree mostly with what you have written, bro. I however would not put in Turkey or the other Moslem nations around the Middle east. God`s word does tell us who goes with Russia - Iran, (Persia) Ethiopia & Libya. Also all the other nations that were part of the Soviet Union  - the Slavic nations & `...istans.` They still all have the communist philosophy, ideology & militaristic ambitions.

Now once that `little lot` have 5/6ths of their army annihilated then who is the power in the Middle east left?.....Mmmmmm......

Marilyn.

Don't leave me hanging Marilyn. Who?

By the way, many experts include Turkey in Ezekiel 38/39. Togomarah being one reference.