missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

From the title it would appear that an apology is being offered.  Now we need specifics.

What type of specifics are you looking at?

WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHY, HOW? (or perhaps the title should be changed to "The Necessity for Apologies when Required".

I do not think there is a WHO,WHAT,WHEN,WHY,HOW.It is a general statement.If you have wronged someone would you find it necessary to apologize?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

mercy triumphs over justice; if you wrong someone(even if they've since forgiven you), asking for mercy (apologizing) will help them fight the natural urge for justice in that situation going forward so that they can just forget about it.   but primarily the apology is for the benefit of the offender; it is the manifestation of repentance.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

LOL, or "Check with Ezra before titling any threads".  :crazy:

Oops. My apologies Ezra!

Well just look at the title "An Apology".  The next thing you expect is an apology being tendered (possibly to you)!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Oops. My apologies Ezra!

Well just look at the title "An Apology".  The next thing you expect is an apology being tendered (possibly to you)!

To me? No. Is that what you were expecting?

Oops. My apologies Ezra!

To me? No. Is that what you were expecting?

Wouldn't hurt.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Then I apologize. I repent before you, and my Lord and savior Jesus and all who read this for anything I have said to offend. I love you, and all here in Jesus' name.

Then I apologize. I repent before you, and my Lord and savior Jesus and all who read this for anything I have said to offend. I love you, and all here in Jesus' name.

You misunderstood the light-hearted remarks.  You were the one supposed to receive "An Apology" (just kidding). You have never offended anyone as far as I can see.  So keep up the good work.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

This is an interesting one.  There was a time when someone would not apologise to me, knowing that they had hurt my feelings, and refused to do so because they insisted they had not actually done anything wrong, which was obviously untrue.  Still haven't received it, held the grudge for a little while, but prayed to God that I would forgive them from my heart.  Haven't thought about it since, and now that I have, it's with a slight chuckle :) .

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

mercy triumphs over justice; if you wrong someone(even if they've since forgiven you), asking for mercy (apologizing) will help them fight the natural urge for justice in that situation going forward so that they can just forget about it.   but primarily the apology is for the benefit of the offender; it is the manifestation of repentance.

I agree, and I think this is what Jesus was referring too:  23)  Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;  24)  Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to the brother, and them come and offer thy gift.   Matthew 5:23-24

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I agree, and I think this is what Jesus was referring too:  23)  Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;  24)  Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to the brother, and them come and offer thy gift.   Matthew 5:23-24

Great post.  It is sometimes called making amends.  Also, I think using the word "apologize" is a little different than using the word "sorry".  "Sorry" seems to be a tad more genuine to me.