• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/13/2016 at 7:13 PM, Joline said:

True Christians are not called jews, but Jews are called Christians :-) In Christ we are neither Jew nor Gentile. But yes God continues to wait for Israel to accept him. I think too many people are afraid to call them to repentance.

Who does the Israel of God consist of?

Galatians 6:13–16 (AV)

13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Allow me to remind us of:

Galatians 3:24–28 (AV)

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

When people reject what the Bible teaches, only error can result.

On 9/16/2015 at 7:13 AM, Qnts2 said:

It might be you think your view is common sense, but in my common sense view, you are adhering to replacement theology.

From wiki: Supersessionism, also called replacement theology or fulfillment theology, is a Christian theological view on the current status of the church in relation to the Jewish people and Judaism.[1] Supersessionism is the belief that the Christian Church has replaced the Israelites as God's[2]chosen people

The view that Christians are Jews, and the Church is Israel, is classic replacement theology.

If you are Italian, there is almost no chance that you are Jewish, as Rome had a habit of persecuting the Jewish people. Those Jewish people who live in Italy, know that they are Jewish. The book of Romans was written to deal with a problem within the church where the Gentiles were rejecting the Jewish believers. At that time, due to a rebellion in the land of Israel, Rome had forced all Jewish people to leave Rome. The Roman church was originally Jewish only, and the Jewish believers held the leadership positions. A large number of Gentiles had received Jesus and joined in with the Jewish believers. When the Jews were expelled from Rome, the Gentile believers took over running the church. When the Jewish believers were allowed back into Rome, the Gentile believers were reluctant to allow the Jewish people in. 

If you think you might have an ancestor who was Jewish, you can get a DNA test. However, a Jewish ancestor does not necessarily mean that you are Jewish. It could mean that you have a Jewish ancestor and that is it.

Salvation has never been a birthright.

It is a matter of spirituality not physicality.

The spiritually saved cannot replace the physically unsaved as you claim.

Spirit Israel is not the replacement of Physical Israel in any way.

Romans 2:28–29 (AV)

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

• he is not a (spirit) Jew, which is one outwardly;
  • neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 
  • But he is a (spirit) Jew, which is one inwardly;
  • and circumcision is that of the heart,
  • in the spirit,
  • and not in the letter;
  • whose praise (Jewishness see Genesis 29:35 for the definition of the name) is not of men, but of God.

Romans 9:1–6 (AV)

1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

The Bible forces us to distinguish between the physical and the spiritual.

6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Who does the Israel of God consist of?

Galatians 6:13–16 (AV)

13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Honestly not sure John D. All I know is the Levites were not counted among the Isrealites, and received no inheritance with them either. The priesthood, and the tithe, etc were their inheritance.

And it is that distinction that makes all the difference in determining who is who with regard to Israel and Judah on both side of the distinction.

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

And it is that distinction that makes all the difference in determining who is who with regard to Israel and Judah on both side of the distinction.

Could you elaborate on this JohnD?