Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Actually just to play the other side her, listening to his speech on YouTube I think we're taking it a bit out of context. The keyword here, is the pope said humanly speaking, Jesus failed at the cross, which, from the world's standpoint that is true. From our perspective, the hero should never die-especially willingly. 

Alright, let the stoning begin.

if I must, I'd have to use little pebbles for I really don't disagree...

Did any of you people go to kindergarten?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

I understand MorningGlory but her response was very immature and haughty and she is the only one who is responsible for it.  I'm not going to feed into the melodrama that someone tries to inject into an adult discussion. People are responsible for their own emotions and responses.  If you can't handle opposing views then you perhaps should not hang out on a Forum that discusses that stuff.  That's the way I see it. :) 

Unfortunately, the world is full of those who can't handle opposing views, Davida.  I think she got emotional about what was said here but it's a very touchy subject and one that has been argued over for a LONG time.  I'm just saying it's disturbing to me to have a believer leave us because they feel that some here are mean and hateful, which I don't think we are.  Sometimes people don't read things in the same way they are intended. 

I understand MorningGlory but her response was very immature and haughty and she is the only one who is responsible for it.  I'm not going to feed into the melodrama that someone tries to inject into an adult discussion. People are responsible for their own emotions and responses.  If you can't handle opposing views then you perhaps should not hang out on a Forum that discusses that stuff.  That's the way I see it. :) 

Unfortunately, the world is full of those who can;t handle opposing views, Davida.  I think she got emotional about what was said here but it's a very touchy subject and one that has been argued over for a LONG time.  I'm just saying it's disturbing to me to have a believe leave us because they feel that some here are mean and hateful, which I don't think we are.  Sometimes people don't read things in the same way they are intended. 

some in my opinion are mean, but I would draw the line at hateful with a couple of exceptions in the past.

Guest Thallasa

Any Holy Spirit filled born again Christian shepherd given an opportunity like that would proclaim the Victory of Jesus Christ on the cross, and use it to call sinners to repentance for their redemption through JESUS' glorious finished work on the cross!  The Holy Spirit within wouldn't allow them to be silent but to preach the Gospel & to give Glory and praise to God.

There has never been a holy spirit born again christian shepherd in the office of the papaxy.   Remember Richard Wurmbrand, "Tortured for Christ", and many other witnesses, have found that God could use pharoah of egypt, or leaders of babylon, or worldly traders, as He does sovereignly to direct someone's steps, even though they are not serving Christ with their life.   God used catholics in Richard's life like He can use anyone, but they could not bring Richard to Christ because they were not in Christ.  Similar to saints in the icy mountains of western china - the saints could take refuge at night in the pagan temples of buddha, without becoming pagan themselves.

The whole foundation of the rcc contradicts the Gospel - it is an enemy of the cross.

You have surpassed yourself in you ignorance of history,and your hatred  . By joining this site I now know how deeply ignorant so many protestant evangelicals are .I so wanted it to be different ,but I am now leaving this site .

This is my last post here and may God forgive you for your lies and lack of true research .All the things that I dislike about the RCC are surpassed by what I see here .I see so many who are not christians ,and have little hope o being .  Goodbye ,and may God forgive you .

I certainly have no hatred in my heart towards the Pope or the followers of the RCC. I love Catholics and some very intimately as half my family belongs to either Catholic or Anglican Churches.

Amazing response Thallasa , I guess you didn't want to know the truth if it went against your dearly held opinions and refused to check the Catholic link.    

I am also completely against a lot of Catholic doctrine but I have to state the obvious.  Some here at Worthy, not you especially Davida, are brutal to Catholics and I'm including myself sometimes.  They are Christians, believers the same as the rest of us who simply believe in some extra things.  Thallasa's exit leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I think we all could have done better here, as in expressing things in a kinder way.  Catholics are not the enemy, nor is the Pope.  We need to keep our eyes on the true enemy; the ones praying towards Mecca. 

Morning Glory thankyou very much  for your post ,but you see I am not a Catholic .It is not in criticising the RCC I was frustrated ,but that outright lies seem to be acceptable to  lot of people . I left the RCC because I  could not accept one set of untruths  and here, there is more.  And the hatred too .I sometimes feel I am on an atheist website and the HS has fled with some posters .One cannot be a christian based  on hatred  .

The post was not aimed at all at  Davida ,but to Jeff ,who unlike Fresnoe Joe does not bring enlightenment but  the opposite a spirit of anger  as it is constant .

I wish you all well .If we all love Him we should not go far wrong .God bless .

Any Holy Spirit filled born again Christian shepherd given an opportunity like that would proclaim the Victory of Jesus Christ on the cross, and use it to call sinners to repentance for their redemption through JESUS' glorious finished work on the cross!  The Holy Spirit within wouldn't allow them to be silent but to preach the Gospel & to give Glory and praise to God.

There has never been a holy spirit born again christian shepherd in the office of the papaxy.   Remember Richard Wurmbrand, "Tortured for Christ", and many other witnesses, have found that God could use pharoah of egypt, or leaders of babylon, or worldly traders, as He does sovereignly to direct someone's steps, even though they are not serving Christ with their life.   God used catholics in Richard's life like He can use anyone, but they could not bring Richard to Christ because they were not in Christ.  Similar to saints in the icy mountains of western china - the saints could take refuge at night in the pagan temples of buddha, without becoming pagan themselves.

The whole foundation of the rcc contradicts the Gospel - it is an enemy of the cross.

You have surpassed yourself in you ignorance of history,and your hatred  . By joining this site I now know how deeply ignorant so many protestant evangelicals are .I so wanted it to be different ,but I am now leaving this site .

This is my last post here and may God forgive you for your lies and lack of true research .All the things that I dislike about the RCC are surpassed by what I see here .I see so many who are not christians ,and have little hope o being .  Goodbye ,and may God forgive you .

I certainly have no hatred in my heart towards the Pope or the followers of the RCC. I love Catholics and some very intimately as half my family belongs to either Catholic or Anglican Churches.

Amazing response Thallasa , I guess you didn't want to know the truth if it went against your dearly held opinions and refused to check the Catholic link.    

I am also completely against a lot of Catholic doctrine but I have to state the obvious.  Some here at Worthy, not you especially Davida, are brutal to Catholics and I'm including myself sometimes.  They are Christians, believers the same as the rest of us who simply believe in some extra things.  Thallasa's exit leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I think we all could have done better here, as in expressing things in a kinder way.  Catholics are not the enemy, nor is the Pope.  We need to keep our eyes on the true enemy; the ones praying towards Mecca. 

Morning Glory thankyou very much  for your post ,but you see I am not a Catholic .It is not in criticising the RCC I was frustrated ,but that outright lies seem to be acceptable to  lot of people . I left the RCC because I  could not accept one set of untruths  and here, there is more.  And the hatred too .I sometimes feel I am on an atheist website and the HS has fled with some posters .One cannot be a christian based  on hatred  .

The post was not aimed at all at  Davida ,but to Jeff ,who unlike Fresnoe Joe does not bring enlightenment but  the opposite a spirit of anger  as it is constant .

Well, it doesn't seem quite fair to me to loose your company and have to put up with Jeff....   just sayin'.

May He bless you as well, Thallasa, and I hope, after thinking about it, you will rejoin the board.  We need all the believers we can get.  :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,what is your point?

I did and I graduated.  I was voted 'most likely to be a know-it-all'  :rolleyes:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

I did and I graduated.  I was voted 'most likely to be a know-it-all'  :rolleyes:

I was voted 'most likely to run with scissors'.