• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,657
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Malachi 4:3 (AV)

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

2 Peter 2:17 (AV)

17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

Jude 13 (AV)

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Revelation 9:1–2 (AV)

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

The sense of bottomlessness in the pit is from being in the center of the New Heaven-Earth. Always falling, with no light not even from the fires that burn at the core of this mammoth planet. Placing it under the feet of the surface dwellers. 

Edited by JohnD

All humans who ever lived will be raised from the dead and their heretofore disembodies spirits will be reunited with their resurrected bodies (Romans 20:11-13). But the unbelievers will not have eternally perfected bodies, only the believers will (1 John 3:2 / 1 Corinthians 15:51-55). Unbelievers are raise to join with believers in bowing to Jesus confessing he is YHVH LORD (Philippians 2:10-11).

Some describe our spirits as who we truly are. But they are wrong. God the Father, God the Spirit and God the Word (until he took upon himself the nature of a man) are Spirit only. Angels are spirits only. We are both spirit and body (with the soul as a buffer between the two).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

The problem with clearly understanding hell is all the factors are not taken into consideration.

First off, we are triptych beings (body soul spirit). In the eternal lake of fire (the ultimate hell) bodies are destroyed in the flame, souls cease to exist, but spirits remain forever.

Bodies are not being destroyed in hell.  We are not disembodied spirits in eternity.  Everyone will be resurrected with eternal bodies, but those bodies are not being destroyed in hell.    Those who are not born again, will suffer in those eternal bodies for all eternity.

Matthew 10:28 (AV)

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

JohnD, you might want to look that word "destroy" up in a Greek lexicon:

ἀπόλλυμι apóllymi, ap-ol'-loo-mee; from G575 and the base of G3639; to destroy fully (reflexively, to perish, or lose), literally or figuratively:—destroy, die, lose, mar, perish.

1. to destroy

1. to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin

2. render useless

3. to kill

4. to declare that one must be put to death

5. metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell

6. to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed

2. to destroy

1. to lose

The word can be used figuratively.     It is used metaphorically in regards to hell.

Guest shiloh357

The problem with clearly understanding hell is all the factors are not taken into consideration.

First off, we are triptych beings (body soul spirit). In the eternal lake of fire (the ultimate hell) bodies are destroyed in the flame, souls cease to exist, but spirits remain forever.

Bodies are not being destroyed in hell.  We are not disembodied spirits in eternity.  Everyone will be resurrected with eternal bodies, but those bodies are not being destroyed in hell.    Those who are not born again, will suffer in those eternal bodies for all eternity.

Matthew 10:28 (AV)

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Notice the difference.  Fear not those who "kill the body."   vs. God who "destroys the body."   "Kill"  and "destroy"  are not synonymous, meaning that "destroy"  does  not mean annihilate.   "Destroy"  does not, in this verse mean, "to cause someone to cease to exist."     This is referring to ongoing, perpetual destruction that will not cause a person to cease to exist.  So the spiritual bodies that they have will be in a state of perpetual destruction for all eternity.  They are going to suffer forever in those bodies.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Recently, I heard two different evangelists talk about hell.  Both of whom are preachers of the word whom I would say are reliable.  But their take on hell was completely different, and they both used multiple scriptures, in context, to back up their position.  I haven't had time to study this on my own but I am curious what others think.  This is a simplified version of what they taught.

Position 1: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there for eternity to pay for your sins.  Of course if you're a believer, the blood of the Lamb cleanses you from all unrighteousness.  This is a very orthodox position.

Position 2: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there until the punishment for your sins is paid in full.  Then you are annihilated and cease to exist.  This is an unorthodox position which has a name (which I forget) that at least some relatively well known evangelists have embraced.

Does position 2 make sense?

Hell is mass reset.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Recently, I heard two different evangelists talk about hell.  Both of whom are preachers of the word whom I would say are reliable.  But their take on hell was completely different, and they both used multiple scriptures, in context, to back up their position.  I haven't had time to study this on my own but I am curious what others think.  This is a simplified version of what they taught.

Position 1: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there for eternity to pay for your sins.  Of course if you're a believer, the blood of the Lamb cleanses you from all unrighteousness.  This is a very orthodox position.

Position 2: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there until the punishment for your sins is paid in full.  Then you are annihilated and cease to exist.  This is an unorthodox position which has a name (which I forget) that at least some relatively well known evangelists have embraced.

Hell is mass reset.

Could you please clarify or eloborate further on what you mean exactly by your reply that "Hell is mass reset"?.

Hell is mass reset.

Could you please clarify or eloborate further on what you mean exactly by your reply that "Hell is mass reset"?.

It means all corrupted bioelectrical data is wiped clean.

Guest shiloh357

Hell is mass reset.

That may be what Hell is to you, but there is nothing wiped clean in Hell.   All you have left in Hell is the corruption you died in.  You are still alive and a person will hate God more in Hell than they do on earth.

Hell is mass reset.

and then what?

I don't know anymore than that at this time.