OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

So I am shot and I die as a martyr.I go to heaven.I do not see a problem with that.I definitely am not going to worry about it.

we're not just talking about this one incident when we discuss guns Peep..     it's not about being a martyr, it's about dieing a senseless death or experience serious pain or mental things the rest of your life......     I've had a person tell me that he was going to knock me in the head, tie me up and rape my wife in front of me then kill us both.....       tell me that you would set by and watch that happen....

The local police listened to the phone call that I just happened to have recorded and told me to shoot him on sight if he ever came to my house...

I don't think many of you understand the evil in people's hearts and what they can do to you.....    Look at the families of these people here.....    they are pretty much devastated and will be for years to come...

What really upsets me is that there was an armed vet a bit over a hundred yards away that started to run to the building where the shooting was coming from and the staff there stopped him from helping....    for a person in good shape like this gentleman is it would only take about 45 seconds to cover that distance and being a trained vet, no telling how many he might have saved....     then we would be having a whole different conversation here.

and btw edited to ask....   How many had heard of the guy that was stopped from helping....   haven't seen that on a single main stream news source....

Sometimes God tries to get our attention.If there are a lot of tragedies that happen.I think it will be worse during the tribulation.In fact your children will probably be involved with all these horrible incidents.I pray to God every day oo like I said.I give him my life everyday and I ask for His protection.I tell Him everyday that I trust him and my faith is only in Him.That is all I need.I am not afraid.I have no guns or security what so ever and I live in the country in a very,very remote area.I am not stupid I lock my doors and windows.The only thing I have found around here are some deer and coyotes.

Well, if you just don't come back some day I'll assume one of those crazy Mexicans got you...

Ummm....enoob?Did you hear that? smiley-char002.gif

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Nine Christians were shot/murdered after proclaiming their faith in Christ.  That is the real issue here.  God Bless our brothers and sisters for their courage and faith.

This murderer targeted Christians and chose the school because it was a gun free zone.  Had he gone to a Church instead, he most likely would have encountered one or more churchgoers carrying a concealed weapon and they would have been able to stop him.

Someone asked how the anti-Christ would institute gun control, take a look at the front of the U.N. and that should answer that question.  By the time the anti-Christ (Beast) emerges on the scene, gun control will probably have already been instituted by a global treaty.

Why didn't the President acknowledge that these people were murdered because they were Christians and why didn't the President commend the hero that stopped the attack?  If you still support the President, you should be asking yourselves why is he focusing on the problem and not the victims?

The 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to arm ourselves.  It is a right, not an obligation, if you are morally opposed to owning, using a gun, then don't do it.  But, understand that there are people out there that do not value your life, they hate you for your faith and they wouldn't think twice about killing you if you cross their path. 

But, just because you choose to not exercise your 2nd Amendment right, I am not required or obligated to do the same.  I resent the fact that you are demanding that I do.

Guest shiloh357

12122433_739764409490073_1308916188308890481_n.png

I do not agree. As a Christian I pray to God everyday to protect my family and myself.Fear?Where is your faith shiloh?

Exodus 23:27

Psalm 18:3

Psalm 54:7

Psalm 138:7

Isaiah 41:10

You need to learn the difference between faith and presumption.   It isn't faith to say, "I don't need to do anything to protect myself because God will protect me.   Again, it's like saying, "I don't need to eat  healthy because I have faith that I will never get sick."    or, "I don't need to lock my doors because God will stop anyone from breaking into my house at night." 

That is presumption not faith.   We who own guns trust God as much as you do.  But we don't presume upon God thinking that we can throw caution to the wind. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Has the reader noticed the tendency of the media to focus upon firearm incidents that include Christians as a targeted group?

Has the reader noticed a singular LACK of attention upon Hollywood's preoccupation with violence and demonic subjects?  

I submit that the coverage we are witnessing is intended to get the Christian political right to support gun control.   Make no mistake that the political left means to remove all guns including;  sport use, collectables, references in education venues and personal defense.

Notice throughout all of this that Hollywood, always identified with the leftists in America, does not participate in any aspect of anti-violence.  Movies and TV are increasingly focused upon guns and violence for the sake of entertainment.

As grievous as the Oregon and Charleston events were - have you noticed that coverage 'milks' the public for sympathy?   What about the other mass shootings in America?  We hear nothing of them.  

Since the beginning of the year 2015 and counting for two days following the Oregon shooting, there were 297 incidents of mass shootings in America (where the definition of mass shooting is the killing or wounding of 3 or more people).     According to the FBI, the overwhelming majority of these are amongst lawless types, parking lot shootings behind the local bars, driveby shootings in poor neighborhoods and so on.  Street violence is mass violence too, but is not acknowledged by the national media.

Why is NOTHING being done to remove criminals from society - permanently?  ALL attention is focused upon the law abiding citizen.  Hypocritical speeches by government leadership IGNORS Hollywood's profiteering from violence (including guns that are not normally licensed for private possession).

What has happened to the outcry from churches against violence in the media for entertainment?   Have you checked the titles available on TV and movies lately?   The majority are violent or demonic.   Where is the voice of the church against Hollywood?   Our kids are playing the video games and watching the stuff in theaters and on TV.

Nobody cares.  We just pray for the grieving victims.  

The use of a gun in ANY crime should be considered a capital offense with execution as punishment, not a lingering life sentence.

The trafficking of illegal drugs should be punishable as a capital offense with execution as punishment, not a life sentence.

Nations that have enacted and enforced laws like this do not suffer as America does.   Punish the criminal, not the law abiding citizen.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

rjp you would kill off the CIA with the drug thing...

Guest shiloh357

I note that it is hypocritical for Hollywood celebs to decry gun ownership while at the same time, making movies that glorify gun violence.   Most of the heroes portrayed in film use guns. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That's a really good point Shiloh...   I wonder how many of these killings people got the idea from movies.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Has the reader noticed the tendency of the media to focus upon firearm incidents that include Christians as a targeted group?

Has the reader noticed a singular LACK of attention upon Hollywood's preoccupation with violence and demonic subjects?  

I submit that the coverage we are witnessing is intended to get the Christian political right to support gun control.   Make no mistake that the political left means to remove all guns including;  sport use, collectables, references in education venues and personal defense.

Notice throughout all of this that Hollywood, always identified with the leftists in America, does not participate in any aspect of anti-violence.  Movies and TV are increasingly focused upon guns and violence for the sake of entertainment.

As grievous as the Oregon and Charleston events were - have you noticed that coverage 'milks' the public for sympathy?   What about the other mass shootings in America?  We hear nothing of them.  

Since the beginning of the year 2015 and counting for two days following the Oregon shooting, there were 297 incidents of mass shootings in America (where the definition of mass shooting is the killing or wounding of 3 or more people).     According to the FBI, the overwhelming majority of these are amongst lawless types, parking lot shootings behind the local bars, driveby shootings in poor neighborhoods and so on.  Street violence is mass violence too, but is not acknowledged by the national media.

Why is NOTHING being done to remove criminals from society - permanently?  ALL attention is focused upon the law abiding citizen.  Hypocritical speeches by government leadership IGNORS Hollywood's profiteering from violence (including guns that are not normally licensed for private possession).

What has happened to the outcry from churches against violence in the media for entertainment?   Have you checked the titles available on TV and movies lately?   The majority are violent or demonic.   Where is the voice of the church against Hollywood?   Our kids are playing the video games and watching the stuff in theaters and on TV.

Nobody cares.  We just pray for the grieving victims.  

The use of a gun in ANY crime should be considered a capital offense with execution as punishment, not a lingering life sentence.

The trafficking of illegal drugs should be punishable as a capital offense with execution as punishment, not a life sentence.

Nations that have enacted and enforced laws like this do not suffer as America does.   Punish the criminal, not the law abiding citizen.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

And I am sure innocent people are put to death as well.

There is a reason why we try to err on the side of caution.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I note that it is hypocritical for Hollywood celebs to decry gun ownership while at the same time, making movies that glorify gun violence.   Most of the heroes portrayed in film use guns. 

That is a good one :D Blame the movies.

Guest shiloh357

That is a good one :D Blame the movies.

I am not blaming the movies.  I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the Hollywood actors who decry gun ownership but make movies that glorify gun violence.  Can you not read???