OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Because progressive liberals don't understand how important owning guns is to the future of this nation....     and those who do are evil and want to destroy this nation and create a communist government....    that's why.

Do you think that is a little paranoid?Where is your faith?

tied up with the common sense God granted me as i grew up.....   and the constitutional government that is the authority of my country that he has allowed us to have and the demand that I follow that authority to whatever end comes along.   Even to defending that constitution.

And so also protect my family against dark things.   No it's not paranoid, it's being prepared to do the duties my Lord gave me to accomplish.

Do you not think that God will protect your family from dark things?You think that God wants you to be in control of it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Peep, he tells me what to do......   I do not think he wants me to set on my butt and make him do every single thing for me.....   he helps me to accomplish is will, not do it for me.

Peep, he tells me what to do......   I do not think he wants me to set on my butt and make him do every single thing for me.....   he helps me to accomplish is will, not do it for me.

We can also get in the way of what His plan is for us.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We can also get in the way of what His plan is for us.

No you can't...

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Because progressive liberals don't understand how important owning guns is to the future of this nation....     and those who do are evil and want to destroy this nation and create a communist government....    that's why.

tied up with the common sense God granted me as i grew up.....   and the constitutional government that is the authority of my country that he has allowed us to have and the demand that I follow that authority to whatever end comes along.   Even to defending that constitution.

And so also protect my family against dark things.   No it's not paranoid, it's being prepared to do the duties my Lord gave me to accomplish.

Do you not think that God will protect your family from dark things?You think that God wants you to be in control of it?

Leave your door unlocked?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

The shooter lined people up against the wall and asked if they were Christian. Anyone who said yes was killed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01/oregon-cops-respond-to-report-shooter-at-community-college/?intcmp=hpbt1

This guy hated Christians and "organized religion" and evidently someone else was in on it.  He said "goodbye space robots" while warning the students to stay away from school.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Leave your door unlocked?

Nowhere in Scripture are Christians asked to be careless about their own safety and health. Persecution and martyrdom for the sake of the Gospel is a different matter.

Leaving your windows and doors unlocked and taking stupid risks is testing God.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Leaving your windows and doors unlocked and taking stupid risks is testing God.

Then isnt it also stupid not to be prepared if one feels led to having a gun?

Guest shiloh357

So, don't buy health insurance.   Don't buy car insurance.  Don't buy fire or flood insurance for you home.   Don't have a security alarm on your house. Don't do anything at all to protect yourself.     Do you see how unwise that is?  Don't put anti-virus on your computer.  Don't shred any documents with your social security number  before throwing them in the trash.

Taking measures to protect your property, your health and other interests is not a lack of faith in God.  The Bible puts a high premium on making wise decisions and taking wise precautions to protect your interests.  It doesn't mean you don't trust God to take the initiative to do things that keep you out of danger and thwart would-be thieves, vandals or murderers.

For many people they live in places where they feel a gun is a necessary item for personal protection and that doesn't mean that they don't trust God to protect them.  If anything, they hope that God intervenes before they have to pull a weapon on a criminal.   Or they hope that simply pulling the weapon will be enough of a deterrent.  People I know who own guns see it as a last resort, if all other layers of protection have failed.  The gun owners I know have no desire to pull a gun and if they have to use it, it was because they were left with no choice and they pray that God helps them remain calm and shoot straight and shoot to wound, not to kill.