• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I probably shouldn't stick my two cents in here, but something I want to say is that it really isn't ALL churches, or probably even close.  Lumping them all together when speaking of churches in certain manners.  You know?  There are plenty that go by the Word of God in an honest manner.  I have attended 3 in the last 25 years, and they all preached straight from what the Bible says, all in the same city.  Now, if that is only one little city in all this vast world, or even this united states, that is many many churches that it is highly likely do the same. 

Edited by Pamelasv

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I probably shouldn't stick my two cents in here, but something I want to say is that it really isn't ALL churches, or probably even close.  Lumping them all together when speaking of churches in certain manners.  You know?  There are plenty that go by the Word of God in an honest manner.  I have attended 3 in the last 25 years, and they all preached straight from what the Bible says, all in the same city.  Now, if that is only one little city in all this vast world, or even this united states, that is many many churches that it is highly likely do the same. 

Hi Pamelasv, I'm not sure if you are addressing your comments to those that hijacked this thread or to the topic of the thread itself but I'm going to respond as if you are addressing the topic of the thread if I'm wrong you can let me know by adding another 2 cents worth. :)  

I agree that this problem couldn't really be happening in All churches over the globe and I don't lump them all together because I know that every single church out there is different no one church is alike.  I too agree that there are churches that do follow the Word of God in an upright manner according to God's word and the instructions that have been given in scripture.  But at the same time there are many churches who are not operating according to God's righteous instructions found in the Word of God.  I'm really not talking per say to the churches themselves as a whole but I am speaking rather towards the pastors of those specific churches who use their authority in a manipulative manner and in doing so they are ursurping their particular authority over the husbands in their own homes.  In the which I believe the pastors are going to far and marriage problems are occuring as a result of the over stepping of bounds by manipulation.  I welcome your two cents it adds up you know.  But I do know that the Spirit and flesh war against one another and do know there are good churches among the many that are bad.

I

Hi Pamelasv, I'm not sure if you are addressing your comments to those that hijacked this thread or to the topic of the thread itself but I'm going to respond as if you are addressing the topic of the thread if I'm wrong you can let me know by adding another 2 cents worth. :)  

I agree that this problem couldn't really be happening in All churches over the globe and I don't lump them all together because I know that every single church out there is different no one church is alike.  I too agree that there are churches that do follow the Word of God in an upright manner according to God's word and the instructions that have been given in scripture.  But at the same time there are many churches who are not operating according to God's righteous instructions found in the Word of God.  I'm really not talking per say to the churches themselves as a whole but I am speaking rather towards the pastors of those specific churches who use their authority in a manipulative manner and in doing so they are ursurping their particular authority over the husbands in their own homes.  In the which I believe the pastors are going to far and marriage problems are occuring as a result of the over stepping of bounds by manipulation.  I welcome your two cents it adds up you know.  But I do know that the Spirit and flesh war against one another and do know there are good churches among the many that are bad.

I

No, there was some discussions about churches later on that I was referring to.  

It is a funny thing. There used to be a joke about this city that there are as many churches as there are bars here. That means alot of bars and alot if churches. Which there are.  

Your reply brought back to my memory something I noticed while I was with an old an dear friend of mine the other week.  We had been working on a blanket together and it came around dinner time and she wanted to take us to get something to eat in town to take a break.  While on the way to get something to eat I had counted 5 churches we had passed within a 2 mile radius.  I said to my friend who is a Christian too "That there must be a lot of strife among the Christians in this town"  She laughed and agreed with me as she went into some of the things she knew about.  But it seems there are churches on every corner but yet godliness is so far away.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

It says to the women in...

Ephesians 5:22 - wives submit yourselves unto your "own" husbands...

I have personally seen in my walk with the Lord how some pastors over step their bounds in the authority they have in individuals personal family lives.  The scripture plainly says that the wives are to submit themselves unto their own husbands.  

My questions and thoughts are centered around just how much rule (authority) does a pastor or any spiritual leaders have in our personal lives?   Are the pastor ursurping their authority in the families according to the word?  How do others view the scripture in light of leadership positions verses the position of individual men being over their own wives and the wives being instructed not to submit to anyone but their own husbands.

i haven't read all five pages of this thread nor do i intend to do so so i may say something already mentioned.  the pastor is not the dictator of the church but the steward of God to oversee that portion of the flock. he is to minister to them, present God's way to them (the truth), he is to provide sound spiritual advice and counsel, he is also to tell you when you are doing something wrong or sin  and on it goes but at no time does he get to over-rule a congregation member's freedom of choice or interfere without being asked to intervene.

wives are to submit to their husbands, and the husbands are to teach the wives, the pastor teaches all but he is not God nor does his will get to interfere with God or his truth. in other words the pastor walks a fine line while not being immune to the 'power going to their heads disease'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

so you claim to know the bible very well and then can't even think of one example of a wealthy woman from the NT despite the fact I haven't been on for around a week? Doesn't sound like good knowledge to me. Lydia a dealer in purple (cloth is added by some translations)

I already explained what a false teacher is and isn't. You just didn't bother reading.

With the parable you still don't get it. Jesus just used things from the day that people would understand such as a person hiring workers to illustrate a truth about the kingdom of God. As I said it is indicated by reading in context. Jesus is not making any comment on what is or isn't allowed in society.

Your reply brought back to my memory something I noticed while I was with an old an dear friend of mine the other week.  We had been working on a blanket together and it came around dinner time and she wanted to take us to get something to eat in town to take a break.  While on the way to get something to eat I had counted 5 churches we had passed within a 2 mile radius.  I said to my friend who is a Christian too "That there must be a lot of strife among the Christians in this town"  She laughed and agreed with me as she went into some of the things she knew about.  But it seems there are churches on every corner but yet godliness is so far away.

Well, maybe those few are making a name for everybody else?? 

But actually, I wouldn't know.  So don't clobber me. 

**A Few do know: see Worthy Library for tested sources / men sent by God with His Message. 

As it is written, godliness is far away**.  Jesus says they worship me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me, and later (on Judgement Day)  He tells them "Be Gone" ....   So, Yes, Big worries ((vs no worries)) Pamela....   Read diligently or casually in the WORTHY NETWORK as God Permits, 

After death on earth,  there is no second chance...... and it is written most people refuse to repent.... 

http://www.whatisachristian.info/christian/the-way-to-god-by-d-l-moody

is a simply GOOD NEWS page, very gentle, but several others are more of an expose on the world church and worldly/carnal churches -- OR RATHER how to turn to Yahweh (God) in Truth and be set free from evil everywhere in society, in self, in flesh, in the world and not only , not just from evil in church....  

that predominates exceedingly the landscape ((remember Jesus says things will be as in the days of Noah and in sodom and gomorrah)) (and they are ) ....   things are not as good as you seem to think, according to God's Word things are worse and getting worse every day,

as many people have seen clearly since 1962 (whenever prayer was taken out of school in the usa) ; yet many continue to stick their head in the sand too -- most in fact don't want to know nor to acknowledge the Truth of Jesus and His Word... 

Well I was referring to those specific churches in that person's city.  That since I don't live there, I could'n't really know if there are many or few who act 'ungodly' as someone stated before me in who's post I quoted.  

You still cannot point to a specific church you know absolutely nothing about and automatically assume it is not a real church, so to speak.  Or that one bad report is heard about one person and assume that represents the whole church.  Or even two bad reports still doesn't give the right to clump and judge every person in that church as the same.  Like a church full of one or two hundred members all acting the same way?  Some maybe old and been there all their life when things were right.  Or some called to stay and pray for that church.  Who knows?   Some sticking out and trying to make things right.  Just the way I see it anyway. And I know people who have been called to stick it out and pray.  Seems like prayer is where it starts, so I've heard many times.  

so you claim to know the bible very well and then can't even think of one example of a wealthy woman from the NT despite the fact I haven't been on for around a week? Doesn't sound like good knowledge to me. Lydia a dealer in purple (cloth is added by some translations)

I already explained what a false teacher is and isn't. You just didn't bother reading.

With the parable you still don't get it. Jesus just used things from the day that people would understand such as a person hiring workers to illustrate a truth about the kingdom of God. As I said it is indicated by reading in context. Jesus is not making any comment on what is or isn't allowed in society.

another_poster and Butero I would like to respectively ask you both to move your replies to one another to a thread of your own as your comments to one another in this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.  I possibly would engage in such a thread.