IGNORED

Is Embryo adoption/donation or egg donation acceptable?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

I realise there is nothing in the Bible to state that it's wrong, but such interventions weren't available then and therefore I don't know what to think really.

God's Word is not limited to ancient times, but is applicable to every age and circumstance. Had God approved of such "interventions" there would be some sort of indication that man could interfere with a process that is strictly in God's hands. So your focus should be on what God says about natural childbirth and what it means, including the fact that human genealogies are important to God.  Too many medical practitioners enjoy playing God, so beware of what secular medicine has to say.

Since God knows everything including the future then he was aware these things would be available and didn't say no. Also as stated before...heart surgery wasn't available then, it was God heal you or you die...so should people refuse heart surgery?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Hi,

I'd like advice regarding having possible embryo donation or egg donation.  Is it acceptable to have one of these treatments from a Christian perspective?  I am very anxious because I would like to have my own child. 

I hope that you will not reply with any criticism.  I only want to know if this is an acceptable way to have a child?  Actually, I'm not sure where to post this.

Thanks

Sorry I may have misunderstood  .Are you saying a 'donation ' from someone who is not your husband, then no absolutely not ? A woman cannot according to God's laws be implanted with another man's seed .It is one of the most serious corruptions of God's laws to make another human being outside that of a naturally relating couple .

Most sins can be repented of as they are in the past  .How does one repent for doing this  ?

I am referring mainly to embryo adoption, which is different to sperm donation.  The embryo would not be genetically related to either of us.  If embryo adoption is acceptable, then what do you think of institutions that actually create embryos for the purpose of helping women to have their own children?  Is this ethical?

People in history died from TB,flu,pneumonia,appendicitis.They did not have the antibiotics,vaccinations and the medical care that we have today.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I realise there is nothing in the Bible to state that it's wrong, but such interventions weren't available then and therefore I don't know what to think really.

God's Word is not limited to ancient times, but is applicable to every age and circumstance. Had God approved of such "interventions" there would be some sort of indication that man could interfere with a process that is strictly in God's hands. So your focus should be on what God says about natural childbirth and what it means, including the fact that human genealogies are important to God.  Too many medical practitioners enjoy playing God, so beware of what secular medicine has to say.

Since God knows everything including the future then he was aware these things would be available and didn't say no. Also as stated before...heart surgery wasn't available then, it was God heal you or you die...so should people refuse heart surgery?

As a matter of fact heart surgery is not necessarily the best alternative.  Please investigate issues with heart surgery for yourself, and how these invasive procedures have to be often repeated.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

As a matter of fact heart surgery is not necessarily the best alternative.  Please investigate issues with heart surgery for yourself, and how these invasive procedures have to be often repeated.

What about the embryos that are being created on a regular basis in the medical institutions?  What should be done with those?  I would probably choose embryo donation over egg donation for the reason that the embryos would already exist. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

What about the embryos that are being created on a regular basis in the medical institutions?  What should be done with those?  I would probably choose embryo donation over egg donation for the reason that the embryos would already exist. 

As I said, Christians are not expected to shoulder that burden, since they were not responsible for these embryos in the first place. What the medical institutions do is their business, and they will be held accountable.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,,

I started reading some of the responses to the OP's question & then I quit,,,,,,,,I quit because I don't think anyones advice or opinion matters  & mine would not be worth a bag of beans as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think it is of the utmost importance that the child of God,the Christian who desires nothing more than to live a life that would be 'pleasing & acceptable" in our Fathers Eyes,,,,,,,,,needs to seek God in this matter (as in everything) & ask for His Guidance & Direction,,,,,

I'm sure there is not one person here that would argue the fact that the only ONE that can  create a human being is our Creator,no matter what approach is taken to conceive a child,,,only our Heavenly Father can Breathe Life into it,,,,,,,not man,not by any means

There is no doubt that God Heals cancer n many Ways,sometimes "Poof,Miraculous Divine Healing" all by itself,sometimes through a surgeons hand & other times through chemo or radiation.......God Heals ,God Provides,God Delivers,God Saves,God Creates & so on,,,,,,,,when we know our SOURCE of all things then we can also learn what resources He has for us & let His Will in our lives be done,,,,,,for our good & to give Him Gloy

Only God can tell you what is right for you ,He has given us our Counselor for matters such as these ,He died for us to affgord us  an intimate  & personal relationship with Him, as we are indwelled,,,,,,,,,seek God in all things ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,give Him Glory ,Honor ,Praise & ThanksGiving for all things,,,,,,,,,,,Peace be with you all

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly
forgot something

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/01/1975

Hi. I know it has been a couple months since this post but please read this with an open mind. First of all, I can only imagine how difficult it was for this woman to share something so private. God is love and therefore I am choosing to respond with love. Second, I respect how devastating it can be to realize you are infertile and I can understand how she may be feeling desperate. Third, the donor egg and the natural conception are not the only options. Does she want to be a parent? I wonder what she thinks about adoption. This is something that she should pray about with her husband. I will be praying for her and hoping that she feels God's richest blessings. Nothing is impossible with God:D

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 10/16/2015 at 11:05 AM, Judas Machabeus said:

Saved Ricky,

I disagree. Having children is a gift not a right. And I don't believe we should be circumventing the natural order of creating children.

The act of creating a child creates a bond between husband and wife. Adding a lab tech into the mix I don't feel is right. 

First off in order to be able to harvest the mans seed you have to do so in a sinful way. 

If it's Gods will, it will happen

You are blatently ignorant and lack compassion. Your inferences of God's will obviously lack understanding of God's word.

On 10/16/2015 at 6:49 PM, bopeep1909 said:

Omega you are wayyyy over thinking this. You are making my head swim. God my Father in Heaven did not intend for our belief to be so complicated.:blink:

No he wasn't. You were simplifying an enormous decision for this woman by underestimating the amount of care/time/love/energy that a decision like this would take, Omega did not miss this.

On 10/17/2015 at 6:21 AM, other one said:

Yes it is best to know your genetic parents, for it is remotely possible though not likely that someone else has done the same thing and you might actually marry your brother or sister and create little weirdo's when having a new generation of children.    It is also medically sometimes helpful if you know of any genetic problems that might be passed on to you.

As for using someone else's eggs (fertilized or not) I don't remember reading anything in the Bible that I could say says no.    I think it would be best to either use an egg or sperm from your own family if possible.   That's just my personal feelings about it.

You are completely ignorant of professional medical practices.

On 10/17/2015 at 9:35 AM, Deborah_ said:

On embryo adoption:

From a moral point of view, I see no difference between adoption of an embryo and adoption of a baby post-birth. It's just happening at an earlier stage. 

The difficulty is that embryo adoption involves some of the elements of IVF. The embryo has to be introduced into the womb artificially. There is a fairly high failure rate, which makes the process very stressful for the couple.

I would look at it this way... the embryo already exists (it is someone else's 'spare'). If not adopted, it will be allowed to die. By adopting it, OK it may not implant but at least it has a chance of survival. And I believe it should be given that chance.

I don't think the fear of congenital abnormalities is very relevant. WHENEVER we have children, even by the 'natural' method, we run this risk. We have to trust that God will give us only what He knows we can cope with.

As with children adopted in the 'normal' way, it is best for them to know from an early age that they have been adopted. 

You are awesome.

On 10/17/2015 at 11:22 AM, Thallasa said:

I think Judas Mc is correct .  Have you tried adopting a baby ? This would be the only truly correct way .

The only true correct way? This along with your other comments have shown judgement, we won't even go there, ignorance, and a blatent disregard for this women's enormous decision. 

On 10/19/2015 at 3:10 AM, Ezra said:

Ezra, as someone who is very active on here, myself being fairly new to this forum, I would have expected a greater understanding that we live in reality and not the garden of Eden. I would have made myself a bowl of popcorn if I could have been privy to your thought process on the comment I quoted. God and Christ, represent our creator and our way, truth, and life, whom have left us the bible, however you also lacked representing the fact that the most important issue here is love.

On 10/19/2015 at 8:19 AM, wouldlikeadvice said:

Wouldlikeadvice, it has been a few months so I hope your decision making process is going well if not completed, however if not, my advice for you; this was the wrong place for you take advice from. Total strangers who will candidly give you unsympathetic, unimformed scientific and uninformed scriptural "advice," don't deserve to offer their opinions.

You would do much better speaking with those around you, who love you, who know your struggle, and finding support groups with fertility concerns and addressing the Christians in those circles. 

What we ALL need to remember is that we live in a fallen world and even though Jesus died to redeem us of it, the body of Christ is not doing it's job the way Jesus intended. It is always God's will for us to be healthy, this would include being fertile, but God's will does not always come to pass <I will not address these two issues on this thread, PM me or make a new thread if you wish to contend that, be prepared to have actually read the bible>

Remember God's greatest wish, that we may prosper, and be in health just as our soul prospers. No matter how your child or maybe even children come to be with you, it is going to be a blessing from God. The most important thing is that when you raise your child you do so with love and with God. 

I will be praying for you to have clarity and peace with whatever decision your family makes. May God bless you with many children and much happiness. 

Shout out to Kwikphilly for her comment.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Because HE Loves Us So Much

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

He Sends His Preachers Overflowing With Encouragement For Us

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Philippians 2:12-15

I Love You LORD

~

PS: Babies Are A Good Thing

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply,
Genesis 1:27-28(a-c)

Praying~!

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest Thallasa
On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 0:41 AM, Logan said:

I was conceived by people who weren't married. I am adopted by one who is not my biological parent. How is that different?

Because there was absolutely no messing about, using others , rather than God's natural plans for making children .

Although 'marriage ' is the better option where possible ,having children as God designed between two ,a man and a woman, does not in anyway break God's design . There would have been no 'marriage ' as such, until it was neccessary in order to  keep order in a society which was breaking the rules of good relations between people and God  . 

Marriage etc., only came about because humanity  was too selfish to regulate himself . When God says we are no longer under the law , it is because we are totally responsible ,and Wise, and need no  external laws .There are of course very few who are in perfect or nearly perfect harmony with God ,and how He created us to exist .

In my humble opinion your status is vastly different from a manufactured situation .