JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

since the simple to the point message has been clouded up a bit, I am starting a new thread on this topic

John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Genesis 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning God* created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

*John 1:3, Colossians 1:16, Isaiah 44:24 = God the Word (John 1:1) who was with the Father (1 John 1:2) is also with the Spirit of God (Genesis 1:2)

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

The uni-plural Hebrew word Elohim (translated "God") encompasses the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, therefore it is found in the very first verse of the Bible. This truth is then confirmed in Genesis 1:26 and 3:22:

And God [Elohim] said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth...  And the LORD God [Yahweh Elohim] said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

This is the Mystery of God and no amount of human reasoning will ever explain the triune Godhead (Romans 1:20). The Greek word for God is Theos, but for Godhead (Divinity) it is Theiotes.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I found out recently that the Branhamites or the "message" cult (of william branham) is in my town. I talked to a guy about all Branhams heretical doctrines including his denying the Godhead (trinity). It is odd how we met. I was out preaching the gospel. He was out preaching the message.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

I found out recently that the Branhamites or the "message" cult (of william branham) is in my town. I talked to a guy about all Branhams heretical doctrines including his denying the Godhead (trinity). It is odd how we met. I was out preaching the gospel. He was out preaching the message.

Praise God that you sowed some genuine seed in this encounter. It is noteworthy that the doctrines which are always attacked first by every cult are the Trinity and Deity of Christ.

Right, the Branhamites are dangerous... The guy leads people to William branham and not Jesus Christ. (who they think was created), Every time he tried to describe that God is one, I'd say say yeah thats the trinity/ Godhead.

Same with this topic, I'm not sure if the 1st post is advocating the trinity or denying it... He just quotes the first few verses of John and Genesis, which perfectly show the Godhead or a "trinity" - the "tri-unity" of God.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Right, the Branhamites are dangerous... The guy leads people to William branham and not Jesus Christ. (who they think was created), Every time he tried to describe that God is one, I'd say say yeah thats the trinity/ Godhead.

Same with this topic, I'm not sure if the 1st post is advocating the trinity or denying it... He just quotes the first few verses of John and Genesis, which perfectly show the Godhead or a "trinity" - the "tri-unity" of God.

I think you need to read the second part of this post about 4 times....

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JohnD,,,,,

What would you like to talk about ,,,,I see you have posted a couple of Scripture verses but I am not sure what you want to say,or ask,or discuss?Do you have a question?                                                      With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Genesis 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning God* created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

*John 1:3, Colossians 1:16, Isaiah 44:24 = God the Word (John 1:1) who was with the Father (1 John 1:2) is also with the Spirit of God (Genesis 1:2)

Well, I get it JohnD.....     well done.

I think you need to read the second part of this post about 4 times....

Ok now what?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings other one

Can you fill me in,since you get it..................................                         Love,Kwik