• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A lot of interesting answers...  but with so much of fringe elements of Scripture there lies a waiting and meditation 
on such. The personal, relational, aspect for me is to set it into the desire- when we are with Him to know even as He
knows... being careful toward the for sure aspect :thumbsup: ... What a glorious hope that awaits us in the multitude of these
areas that God has left for us in his Word!  Love, Steven

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God does want the world to be saved / that no one perishes, but understand, he gave us choice and he must honor that choice. I know the hyper-Calvinists hate it and will go off on this topic, but it is true. And that doesn't make one an Armenian anymore than not liking Star Trek makes one a Klingon.

Sorry, the quote funciton is slowly driving me mad 

I loved your response brother, I just couldn't figure out what you meant by the above in bold.  Could you explain please?  I just couldn't get the analogy lol.  Thanks :)

Where ever you wish to delete the post or alter note at the bottom right is a red return arrow when cursor passes over it (just outside the box of the border line)...

click on this  and it will allow you to split the posting and delete whatever to exact your desired response...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Thanks Steve, bless you :)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Pamelasv. 

The Canaan woman in Matthew 15:21.   Was it because of her persistence that proved she knew He could do it?  Was it because she believed He had so much power from the almighty God that a few crumbs were enough to heal her child? Why did Jesus say her faith was great?  There has to be something a little more.  All I see is her desperation to deliver her child from this, but obviously something more to it then.  Was she risking something? Jesus had no qualms healing the Roman centurians servent, but made her beg, they both being gentiles.

I've often wondered why He said her faith was great.

No, you’re not following the story line:

Matthew 15:21-28

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said,
I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said,
It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her,
O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
KJV

Yeshua`s mission was to offer the Kingdom to Israel. As such, He was not sent to the Gentiles - the Goyim. This woman of Kana’an (Canaan) lived in the area of Tsor (Tyre) and Tsidown (Sidon), an area where modern Lebanon exists. It was NOT part of Israel back then, and it’s not part of Israel now.

We read this in Matthew 4:

Matthew 4:23-25

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom (heralding the good news about the Kingdom), and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
KJV

If one compares the “heralding of the good news” with Yeshua`s performing of miracles, one will find a correlation between the two. The miracles that Yeshua` performed were God’s authentication of the message that He heralded about the Kingdom He was offering. It was both God’s authentication and His endorsement of the message. Thus, the miracles were intended for the children of Israel, not the Goyim! His instructions to the twelve were similar:

Matthew 10:5-8

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7 And as ye go, preach (herald), saying, The kingdom of heaven (the Kingdom from the sky) is at hand (within your grasp).
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

KJV

John 5:36

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
KJV

John 10:33-38

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them,
Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

KJV

So, here we have this Goyah (female Gentile) who came to Him and said, “Have mercy on me, Sire, you Son of David; my daughter is horribly tortured with a demon.” First, she acknowledged that He was a descendant of David, and since He was identified as the “Christ” (Greek) or the “Messiah” (Hebrew), she knew that He was David’s heir to the throne. Second, she was persistent to the point that the disciples said to Yeshua` that He should send her away. Up to that point, He had been ignoring her pleas, and then He said, “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel,” probably within earshot of the woman. Then, third, she BOWED to Him (worshipped Him) as the King Apparent, and said, “Sire, HELP ME!"

Yeshua` responded by saying something intended to be harsh: “It is not fitting to take the children's food (the miracles for the house of Israel), and throw it to the dogs (Gentiles)."

Fourth, she answers, “That’s true, Sire: yet the dogs can eat the scraps which fall from their masters' table.” And, basically, she was asking for Him to just consider her as His pet dog! She acknowledged that He was her master!

She KNEW that He COULD perform the miracle and heal her daughter, and she KNEW that, with the right persuasion, that He WOULD perform this miracle for her, even though she was a foreigner. THAT’S the kind of “faith” or TRUST that she had in Him! That’s why Yeshua` relented and performed this healing for her daughter.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Shalom, Pamelasv. 

The Canaan woman in Matthew 15:21.   Was it because of her persistence that proved she knew He could do it?  Was it because she believed He had so much power from the almighty God that a few crumbs were enough to heal her child? Why did Jesus say her faith was great?  There has to be something a little more.  All I see is her desperation to deliver her child from this, but obviously something more to it then.  Was she risking something? Jesus had no qualms healing the Roman centurians servent, but made her beg, they both being gentiles.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
KJV

Yeshua`s mission was to offer the Kingdom to Israel. As such, He was not sent to the Gentiles - the Goyim. This woman of Kana’an (Canaan) lived in the area of Tsor (Tyre) and Tsidown (Sidon), an area where modern Lebanon exists. It was NOT part of Israel back then, and it’s not part of Israel now.

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom (heralding the good news about the Kingdom), and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
KJV

If one compares the “heralding of the good news” with Yeshua`s performing of miracles, one will find a correlation between the two. The miracles that Yeshua` performed were God’s authentication of the message that He heralded about the Kingdom He was offering. It was both God’s authentication and His endorsement of the message. Thus, the miracles were intended for the children of Israel, not the Goyim! His instructions to the twelve were similar:

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

7 And as ye go, preach (herald), saying, The kingdom of heaven (the Kingdom from the sky) is at hand (within your grasp).
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

KJV

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
KJV

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them,
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

KJV

So, here we have this Goyah (female Gentile) who came to Him and said, “Have mercy on me, Sire, you Son of David; my daughter is horribly tortured with a demon.” First, she acknowledged that He was a descendant of David, and since He was identified as the “Christ” (Greek) or the “Messiah” (Hebrew), she knew that He was David’s heir to the throne. Second, she was persistent to the point that the disciples said to Yeshua` that He should send her away. Up to that point, He had been ignoring her pleas, and then He said, “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel,” probably within earshot of the woman. Then, third, she BOWED to Him (worshipped Him) as the King Apparent, and said, “Sire, HELP ME!"

Yeshua` responded by saying something intended to be harsh: “It is not fitting to take the children's food (the miracles for the house of Israel), and throw it to the dogs (Gentiles)."

Fourth, she answers, “That’s true, Sire: yet the dogs can eat the scraps which fall from their masters' table.” And, basically, she was asking for Him to just consider her as His pet dog! She acknowledged that He was her master!

She KNEW that He COULD perform the miracle and heal her daughter, and she KNEW that, with the right persuasion, that He WOULD perform this miracle for her, even though she was a foreigner. THAT’S the kind of “faith” or TRUST that she had in Him! That’s why Yeshua` relented and performed this healing for her daughter.

Yes, buT the fact that it is recorded before that He healed the centurians servent and said He had not found such great faith in all Isreal, yet talks to this other Gentile in this way does cause questions about why he said these things to her instead. I guess you forgot about that guy. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Shalom, Pamelasv. 

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

34 Jesus answered them,

KJV

"Fourth, she answers, “That’s true, Sire: yet the dogs can eat the scraps which fall from their masters' table.” And, basically, she was asking for Him to just consider her as His pet dog! She acknowledged that He was her master!"

That is how muslims view their relationship with God, not christians do.  
This is not what she was doing here.

This has to do with the status of her people in relationship to the Jewish nation - the Samaritans were as dogs to the Jews, and this is what she is referring to and acknowledging - not her relationship to God, but to the Jewish people.  She basically said, even dogs are fed scraps, and we are called dogs; at least give me what a dog is given, and even that tiny bit will be enough to heal my daughter.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Shalom, Pamelasv. 

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

34 Jesus answered them,

KJV

Yes, buT the fact that it is recorded before that He healed the centurians servent and said He had not found such great faith in all Isreal, yet talks to this other Gentile in this way does cause questions about why he said these things to her instead. I guess you forgot about that guy. 

I don't understand the conflict here?

What questions does this cause?

Guest shiloh357

Well, this woman's faith is rooted in the fact that she recognizes Jesus as the Messiah.  Note that in v. 22 she calls him "Son of David."  She recognized more about Jesus than the religious leaders and maybe even some of the disciples recognized at  that point.  She recognizes him as the rightful King of Israel, a nation that conquered her people in the past.

She doesn't dispute Jesus primary mission to the Jews and that she is a second class citizen, but because she recognizes him as the Messiah of Israel, she has faith that Jesus has enough power to handle every need that Israel has and enough left over for her as a Gentile.

Matthew's Gospel reminds us that Jesus came for both Jew and Gentile.   He came to be the Savior of the world.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Shalom, Pamelasv. 

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

34 Jesus answered them,

KJV

"Fourth, she answers, “That’s true, Sire: yet the dogs can eat the scraps which fall from their masters' table.” And, basically, she was asking for Him to just consider her as His pet dog! She acknowledged that He was her master!"

That is how muslims view their relationship with God, not christians do.  
This is not what she was doing here.

This has to do with the status of her people in relationship to the Jewish nation - the Samaritans were as dogs to the Jews, and this is what she is referring to and acknowledging - not her relationship to God, but to the Jewish people.  She basically said, even dogs are fed scraps, and we are called dogs; at least give me what a dog is given, and even that tiny bit will be enough to heal my daughter.

I think I said that back in one of my responses.  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Pamelasv. 

Yes, buT the fact that it is recorded before that He healed the centurians servent and said He had not found such great faith in all Israel, yet talks to this other Gentile in this way does cause questions about why he said these things to her instead. I guess you forgot about that guy. 

Okay, let’s look at the other passage on the centurion:

First of all, by way of background, a “centurion” was a Roman "leader of a hundred men.” That’s by definition, like there are 100 “cents” in a dollar. Look at what is said about the centurion:

Matthew 8:5-13

5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum (K'fer-Nachum), there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus saith unto him,
I will come and heal him.
8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed,
Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.
KJV

Luke 7:1-10

7 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.
2 And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.
3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.
4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:
5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:
7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.
8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him,
I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.
KJV

So, the truth of all that happened is found in the harmony of these two accounts. To harmonize any accounts in the Scriptures, one must do so within the original language BEFORE translation into English.

Matthew 8:5-13

5 Eiselthontos de autou eis Kafarnaoum proseelthen autoo hekatontarchos parakaloon auton
6 kai legoon, “Kurie, ho pais mou bebleetai en tee oikia paralutikos deinoos basanizomenos.”
7 Kai legei autoo, “Egoo elthoon therapeusoo auton.”
8 Kai apokritheis ho hekatontarchos efee, “Kurie, ouk eimi hikanos hina mou hupo teen stegeen eiselthees, alla monon eipe logoo, kai iatheesetai ho pais mou.
9 Kai gar egoo anthroopos eimi hupo exousian, echoon hup’ emauton stratiootas, kai legoo toutoo, ‘Poreutheeti,’ kai poreuetai, kai alloo, ‘Erchou,’ kai erchetai, kai too douloo mou, ‘Poieeson touto,’ kai poiei.”
10 Akousas de ho Ieesous ethaumasen kai eipen tois akolouthousin, “Ameen legoo humin, par’ oudeni tosauteen pistin en too Israeel heuron.
11 Legoo de humin hoti polloi apo anatoloon kai dusmoon heexousin kai anaklitheesontai meta Abraam kai Isaak kai Iakoob en tee basileia toon ouranoon,
12 hoi de huioi tees basileias ekbleetheesontai eis to skotos to exooteron; ekei estai ho klauthmos kai ho brugmos toon odontoon.”
13 Kai eipen ho Ieesous too hekatontarchee, “Hupage, hoos episteusas geneetheetoo soi.” Kai iathee ho pais [autou] en tee hoora ekeinee.

Luke 7:1-10

1 Epeidee epleeroosen panta ta hreemata autou eis tas akoas tou laou, eiseelthen eis Kafarnaoum.
2 Hekatontarchou de tinos doulos kakoos echoon eemellen teleutan, hos een autoo entimos.
3 Akousas de peri tou Ieesou apesteilen pros auton presbuterous toon Ioudaioon erootoon auton hopoos elthoon diasoosee ton doulon autou.
4 Hoi de paragenomenoi pros ton Ieesoun parekaloun auton spoudaioos legontes hoti Axios estin hoo parexee touto;
5 agapa gar to ethnos heemoon kai teen sunagoogeen autos ookodomeesen heemin.
6 Ho de Ieesous eporeueto sun autois. Eedee de autou ou makran apechontos apo tees oikias epempsen filous ho hekatontarchees legoon autoo, “Kurie, mee skullou, ou gar hikanos eimi hina hupo teen stegeen mou eiselthees;
7 dio oude emauton eexioosa pros se elthein; alla eipe logoo, kai iatheetoo ho pais mou.
8 kai gar egoo anthroopos eimi hupo exousian tassomenos echoon hup’ emauton stratiootas, kai legoo toutoo, ‘Poreutheeti,’ kai poreuetai, kai alloo, ‘Erchou,’ kai erchetai, kai too douloo mou, ‘Poieeson touto,’ kai poiei.”
9 Akousas de tauta ho Ieesous ethaumasen auton kai strafeis too akolouthounti autoo ochloo eipen, “Legoo humin, oude en too Israeel tosauteen pistin heuron.
10 Kai hupostrepsantes eis ton oikon hoi pemfthentes heuron ton doulon hugiainonta.

That’s a start. I’ll have to come back to it when I have more time.