• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

This statement is made without any scriptural support.

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Dan 9:24).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Sometimes a little 'vitriol' is needed.  A debate isn't a Girl Scout Jamboree ...

Vitriol combined with information pertinent to the debate is one thing.

Vitriol for its own sake only serves the Accuser.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Dan 9:24).

Everlasting righteousness was brought in through the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross, when he shed his blood for us:

2 Cor 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Can there ever be any more righteousness to be brought in? No. This prophecy has been fulfilled.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

8 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

This three years is speaking only about the time Paul spent teaching in Ephesus, which was only a small fraction of his 2+ -decade ministry to the Gentiles by this time. See Acts 19, esp. :8-10.

The only reason he brought it up was because he was having his last meeting with the Ephesian elders at this time, before going to his fate in Jerusalem.

Hi William,

If you read Acts 19, 20,  & 21 you will find that Paul started at Ephesus and remained there 2+ years .. then went to Macedonia, Greece, briefly to Jerusalem, Rome and a few others from memory .. then he FINISHED up back in Ephesus where he declared the 3 years ministry as complete .. you will notice in those chapters that times are given .. 2 years here, 3 months there etc.

The routes he travelled were well established back then, and seeing they were all 'close' to each other, it is certainly achievable in that time span ..

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Sorry. you don't run this forum.  Now, where is that Scripture?  Oh and here is something substantial for you..........:D

10394767_762013547254368_5513680148144482544_n.jpg

MG,

Obviously I have still some minor details to work out and perhaps some small details need correcting but the overall interpretation to me is quite solid, which is why I said to Last Daze " I THINK I have nailed it this time' .. that word THINK points to a personal opinion hence my response.

I work ALL my understanding out using the Bible ONLY and by my own effort and not google searching for answers / others opinions or any other method except talking things through with a few fellow believers I personally know. (yes I have been corrected and have been wrong before, but that is part of learning / being refined as it were).

I am no historian so I see no conflict by looking up things like historical dates / timelines which I must do in good faith that the information is near enough acceptable / true when it is necessary.

I put in a lot of effort to understand the deeper things and work them out without ' cheating' and following mainstream interpretations and parroting their OPINIONS.

So when people come along mocking, yes I get annoyed because I am doing the work for myself (with a little help amongst likeminded friends) just as the Lord commanded .. can you say the same?

So if you have nothing to offer but snide comments and condescending statements, then I have no time for those who have this type of mocking spirit whose only interest is baiting others to fall .. something Christ condemns btw.

You should think about that.

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

This statement is made without any scriptural support.

Likewise, the statements that Jesus' ministry lasted for 3-1/2 years, and that somehow in another 3-1/2 years the Apostles concluded that ministry, are also without any scriptural or historical support.

This statement adds no useful information to the conversation, only vitriol.

Hi William,

Luke 3:23 tells us that Jesus was 30 when He began His ministry .. and by all accounts down through the ages amongst the believers, and pretty much all those investigating this still today STILL agree Jesus was 33 (and some months)  when He was crucified by historical accounts and cross referencing secular records of yesterday to put together the time frames .. He also showed Himself alive etc until Pentecost (meaning, He was still confirming the covenant for a period of time after crucifixion which can easily be within the timeframe) ..

And even so, Jesus continued confirming His covenant THROUGH His Apostles by His Holy Ghost for the remainder of Daniels 'week' since it was He who was cut off in the midst of the week yet was still ABLE to confirm the covenant after ' death' through His chosen vessels .. and as we know, ONLY Christ could achieve continuing to confirm the covenant for the rest of the 'week' even after being cut off / crucified in the middle of that 'week' !!

And as you'd already know, He achieved this 'continued confirmation'  Daniel spoke of even after His death by speaking through His Apostles since, after all, He still Lives.

Regards.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Everlasting righteousness was brought in through the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross, when he shed his blood for us:

2 Cor 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Can there ever be any more righteousness to be brought in? No. This prophecy has been fulfilled.

William l exactly what are you implying in this verse, that this has been fulfilled, and there is ,no more to look for this in the future ?

if this is so, as you state, then what about the apostacy and the reveal of the lawless one, for I thought that this would preceed  the verse that you stated is now fulfilled, ? I am just asking, because , if this is so, then have we come to the time, that we are told to look for , and it has already been done ? do you see my issue, or is this not making sense ? of what I just asked, please correct me, If I am not getting this. thank you

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

34 minutes ago, Serving said:

MG,

Obviously I have still some minor details to work out and perhaps some small details need correcting but the overall interpretation to me is quite solid, which is why I said to Last Daze " I THINK I have nailed it this time' .. that word THINK points to a personal opinion hence my response.

I work ALL my understanding out using the Bible ONLY and by my own effort and not google searching for answers / others opinions or any other method except talking things through with a few fellow believers I personally know. (yes I have been corrected and have been wrong before, but that is part of learning / being refined as it were).

I am no historian so I see no conflict by looking up things like historical dates / timelines which I must do in good faith that the information is near enough acceptable / true when it is necessary.

I put in a lot of effort to understand the deeper things and work them out without ' cheating' and following mainstream interpretations and parroting their OPINIONS.

So when people come along mocking, yes I get annoyed because I am doing the work for myself (with a little help amongst likeminded friends) just as the Lord commanded .. can you say the same?

So if you have nothing to offer but snide comments and condescending statements, then I have no time for those who have this type of mocking spirit whose only interest is baiting others to fall .. something Christ condemns btw.

You should think about that.

Why do you think I'm baiting you?  I had asked for the Scripture that correlates to what you posted.  I'll admit the 'unarmed' meme was over the top but, come on, have a sense of humor.  I am not an historian either nor am I a theologian.  I simply read Scripture and consider it inerrant.  If I see something that doesn't seem to fit then I will question it.  If you are going to post long, detailed opinions about how YOU think things are then expect to be challenged.  I think it's fair to ask for Scriptural back up and telling me I should keep my mouth shut is simply rude and prideful.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

13 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

William l exactly what are you implying in this verse, that this has been fulfilled, and there is ,no more to look for this in the future ?

if this is so, as you state, then what about the apostacy and the reveal of the lawless one, for I thought that this would preceed  the verse that you stated is now fulfilled, ? I am just asking, because , if this is so, then have we come to the time, that we are told to look for , and it has already been done ? do you see my issue, or is this not making sense ? of what I just asked, please correct me, If I am not getting this. thank you

Yet, The 70 Weeks prophecy to Israel and the holy city is unfulfilled.  They still do not Believe.  Therefore, the 70th Week is yet future.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Just now, MorningGlory said:

Why do you think I'm baiting you?  I had asked for the Scripture that correlates to what you posted.  I'll admit the 'unarmed' meme was over the top but, come on, have a sense of humor.  I am not an historian either nor am I a theologian.  I simply read Scripture and consider it inerrant.  If I see something that doesn't seem to fit then I will question it.  If you are going to post long, detailed opinions about how YOU think things are then expect to be challenged.  I think it's fair to ask for Scriptural back up and telling me I should keep my mouth shut is simply rude and prideful.

I have no problem talking with you at all, even now, I just prefer it to be respectable and fruitful.

Either way, I did not see you ask me anything so I don't know why you'd say that?

Anyway, I'd rather focus on scriptures than bicker back and forth .. if you question me I'm only too glad to give my response.