• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Spock said:

Marv,

i don't think Serving is saying the 70th doesn't end upon the return of Christ.  He merely is saying the 70th week was divided, with a large gap in between. I don't see anything in scripture that says this can't be true. After all, a week is a week- 7 years. Who cares if it is divided?  In fact, there is a lot of wisdom in thinking when the Jews rejected Christ, that week stopped running......and won't begin ticking again until some future event.  With the Jews back in their land, it could recontinue soon, and of course will end at Christ's return. Again, don't forget, even Revelation only talks about 42 months, not 7 years. 

Spock

Spock

Three Scripture's in Rev mention the 42 months.

1. The beast of Rev 13. All follow him. 2. After the Dragon is thrown out of heaven. Israel flees from him. 3. The two witnesses. Which overlaps the two.

So no separation of the two halves.  A Complete One Seven. Just as Scripture says.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

29 minutes ago, Spock said:

Daze,

for a long time we were taught that the entire week is future, but like you pointed out, it is certainly possible that only 3.5 years is future. Even Revelation only talks about 3.5 years, and never mentions 7 years.

so, your interpretation certainly seems doable to me.  Clap clap

Again, I'm not even close to being convinced that the entire 7 years has been fulfilled. 

Spock

Hey Spockster,

I don't see much of a chance of having only the second half or 3.5 years to go starting from the AoD, but I suppose there is a small outside chance.  Either way, we will know soon enough.  If we have 7 years, I would expect to see the covenant confirmed sometime near the fall feasts.  But if it is only 3.5 years, then we should expect the AoD during the spring feasts.  Just something to tuck away for later.

Cheers

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

Hey Spockster,

I don't see much of a chance of having only the second half or 3.5 years to go from the AoD, but I suppose there is a small outside chance.  Either way, we will know soon.  If we have 7 years, I would expect to see the covenant confirmed sometime near the fall feasts.  But if it is only 3.5 years, then we should expect the AoD during the spring feasts.  Just something to tuck away for later.

Cheers

Yeah, I'm still pondering this last week and am still open to change my thinking.

so far, I am much more open to believe there is only 3.5 yrs remaining of the final week of Daniel because of all the references to 3.5 years in Revelation. 

However, has it been positively shown that Jesus' ministry was exactly 3.5 years from baptism to Calvary?  I believe this has to be proven to get the first half in the past, right? 

I do believe the three amigos brought up so good points in making the final week all in the past, but I'm still not there. 

This has been a great thread for the most part. Serving and Daze and Marv are always gracious and never condescending, which made this a joy to read. Williams Greek and Hebrew knowledge can be a bit intimidating.  Makes it difficult to rebut unless one spends hours of research and study like he has. 

Anyhow, still searching.

spock

12 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Spock

Three Scripture's in Rev mention the 42 months.

1. The beast of Rev 13. All follow him. 2. After the Dragon is thrown out of heaven. Israel flees from him. 3. The two witnesses. Which overlaps the two.

So no separation of the two halves.  A Complete One Seven. Just as Scripture says.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Marv,

exactly why I believe it is possible only 3.5 yrs are left.

can you show me anywhere in Revelation where 7 years is mentioned?  

Spock

21 minutes ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

Hey Spockster,

I don't see much of a chance of having only the second half or 3.5 years to go starting from the AoD, but I suppose there is a small outside chance.  Either way, we will know soon enough.  If we have 7 years, I would expect to see the covenant confirmed sometime near the fall feasts.  But if it is only 3.5 years, then we should expect the AoD during the spring feasts.  Just something to tuck away for later.

Cheers

Soon enough?  What scripture leads you to believe this could be VERY SOON?

its been a while since I read your book. I've read 10 since yours and last in usually diminishes earlier ones.  I guess when one gets to be 60 the brain only wants so much info. And removes some things. Anyhow, Joel Richardson and Shoebat are last in. 

Spock

On December 26, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Serving said:

If anyone is interested, after much consideration I have some thoughts I'd like to share ..

Daniel 9:24(a) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city ..

I ask myself,

(1) Since the 70 weeks are for Daniels people, is there any provision anywhere in the above parameters to include another generation of 'them' or thy people at the conclusion of those 70 weeks into this prophecy too?

After all, God said 70 weeks for 'thy people' .. not 70 weeks for thy people and some future generation, but 70 weeks for 'thy people' specifically whereby the end of them would be signified by the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad? (noted elsewhere into the 70 week prophecy)

Again :

Daniel 9:24(a) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city ..

Again, I only see the commandment affecting Daniels people, 'thy people' and 'thy holy city' specifically .. them of that time period.

And since the destruction of Jerusalem was slated for those of thy people who failed to meet the criteria and were finally dealt with in 70 ad, doesn't this destruction signify that they of thy people are thus accounted for within the 70 weeks by the destruction of their city itself in 70ad?

Doesn't that cancel out any future generation of 'them' being part of the 70 weeks since the city they dwelt in was destroyed along with over a million of them by the Romans? (where by tradition, not one single Christian perished in that judgment !!)

---------

(2) Now look at the rest of the verse keeping in theme with 'thy people' to whom this is targeted ..

Daniel 9:24 continued : to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy

Those people were to meet the above parameters, 'they', 'them', 'those people' is to whom this is clearly directed from Daniels time TIL Christ !!

Thus Daniels people, 'they', 'them', wouldn't 'they' be those slain in the below who failed to uphold the 70 week criteria?

Isaiah 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

Didn't 'they' call for the blood (curse) to be on them & their children's heads whilst calling for Christ's death?

And weren't those of them who rejected Christ those same 'thy people' who were slain in 70 ad?

Them .. those of Daniels people who had 70 weeks to meet God's criteria of which the majority of them failed to do and whose end was death or captivity at the hands of the Romans at 70ad?

Just from that one verse alone, which encompasses the whole 70 weeks mind you, is there really any room for a future fulfilment by another generation who were not bound by the 70 week allotment?

Isn't it fair to say that all those after those 70 weeks who persist in rejecting Christ come under another criteria all together? That is, they would become the desolate until Christ's return?

Meaning, those after the 70 weeks are those outside the 70 week criteria?

Meaning, they of thy people only persisted until the destruction of their holy city in 70ad?

I'll leave it with you's for now to ponder before continuing.

Serving,

ok, let's zero in on one point here. I see you now believe as William does- that the entire 70th week has been fulfilled in the past.

1. So when did this last week occur?  You seem to imply the first 3.5 years was the ministry of Christ from baptism to Calvary. Fair enough.  If you could positively show Christ's ministry was exactly 3.5 years, we can move on. Oh, By the way, can you positively prove that?

2. On to the next 3.5 years.  When are you saying this took place?  I think I've read you seem to feel it ended at the fall of Jerusalem and the Temple, but not sure of date besides the given 70 ad.  Give me a starting time and giving me an end point and don't forget to make it exactly 3.5 years. Thanks.

spock

51 minutes ago, Spock said:

so far, I am much more open to believe there is only 3.5 yrs remaining of the final week of Daniel because of all the references to 3.5 years in Revelation. 

However, has it been positively shown that Jesus' ministry was exactly 3.5 years from baptism to Calvary?  I believe this has to be proven to get the first half in the past, right? 

Well, the 42 months are a very specific time in the great tribulation, which is when the beast will reign on the earth.  But the birth pains will still need to happen prior to that time, as well as rebuilding the Temple.

Those that believe the first 3.5 years have already been fulfilled claim that it started at Christ' baptism.  But since when has a baptism been considered an anointing?  It seems to me that He should have been anointed as King when He rode into Jerusalem on a colt, but they rejected Him and He was cut off shortly after.

Cheers

47 minutes ago, Spock said:

Soon enough?  What scripture leads you to believe this could be VERY SOON?

its been a while since I read your book. I've read 10 since yours and last in usually diminishes earlier ones.  I guess when one gets to be 60 the brain only wants so much info. And removes some things. Anyhow, Joel Richardson and Shoebat are last in. 

Spock

Not a scripture, but a sign in the heavens.  It will appear in Sept. 2017.

That book is now out of date.  The second edition came out almost a year ago.  I added another long chapter about the fall feasts, and several other changes to make things more clear.  I wasn't rushed by my editor this time.   I didn't know you left Georgia.  Send me a PM with your new address in Buffalo and I'll send you the new copy. 

Cheers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Spock said:

Yeah, I'm still pondering this last week and am still open to change my thinking.

I do believe the three amigos brought up so good points in making the final week all in the past, but I'm still not there. 

This has been a great thread for the most part. Serving and Daze and Marv are always gracious and never condescending, which made this a joy to read. Williams Greek and Hebrew knowledge can be a bit intimidating.  Makes it difficult to rebut unless one spends hours of research and study like he has. 

Anyhow, still searching.

spock

Spock

I believe that Jesus' ministry was only 2 1/2 years long.  If you read John's gospel, taking note of the Feasts mentioned, I only see 2 1/2 years from baptism to crucifixion.

3 minutes ago, Watching for Jesus said:

Spock

I believe that Jesus' ministry was only 2 1/2 years long.  If you read John's gospel, taking note of the Feasts mentioned, I only see 2 1/2 years from baptism to crucifixion.

I've heard that also, but I'm not energized enough to go verify it for myself.