IGNORED

How do you react when married people flirt with you?

*Deidre*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

No offence guys but Imho, we kid ourselves if we think it is harmless, innocent fun, or a godly way for Christians to act. Other people are always watching our actions & speech as an example of Christianity,  as an example of our walk with the LORD  so ,--hence the Biblical warning of " abstaining from all appearance of evil". We are called to be "salt" and "light" set apart from the world & carnality.

I know most assuredly that nothing we think, feel, speak or do is spiritually hidden---every moment we are observed by Heaven as well as by the Devil. I wouldn't be able to "pretend" to act sexually immoral - not for fun or amusement or secret thrill. How would I feel to do this behavior in the presence of someone's spouse, or my spouse , or an innocent child? or in the presence of our Lord and Saviour?

..... I just would ask that you reconsider that it might not be appropriate.  

It's always harder to obey the Word when it is something we like to do.

Matt 12:36 "But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment."

Ecclesiastes 12:14 "For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ …"

Flirting while married is never innocent.No matter who it is.No matter how much you want to fool yourself saying it is.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Flirting while married is never innocent.No matter who it is.No matter how much you want to fool yourself saying it is.

so, we agree?

Apparently so :) Yes,we are the salt and the light of this earth as born again Christians.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86
  • Days Won:  0

Nobody flirts with me nor do I want them to.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

How do you feel when someone who is married...flirts with/hits on you? (online or offline)

If a married person hits on you, how do you react? I used to think such things were harmless, but I've seen a few friends of mine lose their marriages over 'harmless' flirtations that turned into full blown affairs before long. People think that affairs start overnight, but they start with flirtations, etc. I've never been married, but thought I'd pose the question here. 

to answer the question-- i do not flirt nor encourage it to take place. if you are married you are dead to all other people, only your spouse matters and you should not be looking at other opposite sex people in a lustful, romantic or sexually charged manner.

Gosh, what a refreshingly different view from the culture in which we live. Thank you!

thank yiou. sadly too many christian men and women do not accept that point of view

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

How do you feel when someone who is married...flirts with/hits on you? (online or offline)

If a married person hits on you, how do you react? I used to think such things were harmless, but I've seen a few friends of mine lose their marriages over 'harmless' flirtations that turned into full blown affairs before long. People think that affairs start overnight, but they start with flirtations, etc. I've never been married, but thought I'd pose the question here. 

to answer the question-- i do not flirt nor encourage it to take place. if you are married you are dead to all other people, only your spouse matters and you should not be looking at other opposite sex people in a lustful, romantic or sexually charged manner.

Honorable words.:)

thank you

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

How do I react when any woman flirts with me?  Pinch myself and wake up.  It was a dream. 

Last date was over seven years ago(?)  Maybe...

Seriously, if a married woman flirted, I'd have to treat her like a kid & explain that doing that is a no-no. :mellow:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Don't underestimate sex and sexuality.

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

What is it to flirt?

A leering eye, a lifted skirt?

A fetching smile, pecks in lieu of a shirt?

What is the message you are conveying?

I am available you can have me is that what you are saying?

Or are you lying and unavailable at all?

Just toying and game playing, if a lie be it ever so small.

History is replete with failed attempts to handle sin.

Still we believe we can handle it by some skill from within.

And the failures are especially with this particular sin.

An ocean of sexual evil does with flirtation begin.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As Patriot has said there is a difference in flirting with one you know very well and one whose advances are serious. I flirt with someone who I have known almost my whole life ..since elementary school and know nothing would EVER come of it or his silly comments but certainly put up an icy cold shoulder to others who send red flags to my comfort zone. You need to be secure in yourself before you flirt with someone and know them well enough to anticipate their reactions.

Flirting is flirting.You can not make light of it with anyone if you are married..

Ex 23:7
7 Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.
KJV

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What do I do when married persons flirt with me?

I don't know.  I don't know if I always know whether one is making an advance or not.

It has been a long time since a woman has approached me first.  Many women smile at me, some even boldly give looks that appear to possibly mean something.  Others compliment me on my speaking or some other thing.  But I know not if any is truly seeking something other than casual exchange.  

I did have a woman who sat with me that was rubbing her thigh once.  It also appeared that she positioned herself toward me and hiked her skirt a bit.  When talking with my wife about it I was told that the woman was fishing.  I don't know. I never asked.  

I wonder if any woman sought to flirt with the Lord.  Wonder what he might have said?

My heart is in their salvation from sin.  I suppose I would do what I thought best in the situation.