IGNORED

When Christ returns to the Mount of Olives.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Sister

I think you need to clarify what you said regarding the 1st resurrection and the 2nd resurrection.  Who is of the First Resurrection? and who is of the Second Resurrection?  What is your terminology here.  For me I could jump to conclusions.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Sister

I think you need to clarify what you said regarding the 1st resurrection and the 2nd resurrection.  Who is of the First Resurrection? and who is of the Second Resurrection?  What is your terminology here.  For me I could jump to conclusions.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montana Marv

The first resurrection is at the 2nd Coming of Christ. All who have died in Christ, and alive in Christ will be picked up together and quickened. 

The second resurrection is after the 1000 years, after the battle of Gog and Magog.  It's a judgement on every man who was not in that 1st resurrection. All the new converts Christ will make during the millennium, and all the dead from the beginning of time before Christ, and after him who did not know him will be judged here. It's the 2nd judgement, and in that same judgement is another resurrection - those who converted to Christ during the thousand years.

Revelation 20:11   And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
  Revelation 20:12   And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13   And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14   And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
  Revelation 20:15   And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Days Won:  1

Technically speaking,the resurrectiction happens at death...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Days Won:  2

Sister

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montana Marv

The first resurrection is at the 2nd Coming of Christ. All who have died in Christ, and alive in Christ will be picked up together and quickened. 

The second resurrection is after the 1000 years, after the battle of Gog and Magog.  It's a judgement on every man who was not in that 1st resurrection. All the new converts Christ will make during the millennium, and all the dead from the beginning of time before Christ, and after him who did not know him will be judged here. It's the 2nd judgement, and in that same judgement is another resurrection - those who converted to Christ during the thousand years.

Revelation 20:11   And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
  Revelation 20:12   And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13   And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14   And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
  Revelation 20:15   And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Sister

That is what I thought you were saying.  Which I don't agree with (see below).

The Great White Throne Judgment is a judgment of all Unbelievers.  The books reveal that they are guilty as charged.  For they were judged by their works.  In Contrast, Believers are accepted by Faith and Grace.  Not by works so we cannot boast.

Now there is a Resurrection for the Just (called the First Resurrection).  And there is a Resurrection for the Unjust (called the Second Resurrection).   There is no Scripture that says there is only one wave of entry into the First Resurrection.  I believe there are multiple entries for the First Resurrection. [[[For this will allow all those born during the 1000 years which are of Faith to enter into the First Resurrection, the resurrection for the living]]]. (this is where I did not agree with what you were implying).  All others will die at the end of the 1000 years when they follow Satan.  Free will to follow Christ, and /or free will to follow Satan.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

Concerning the resurrection unto immortality there are three such occurrences.

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.  But each in his own order: [1] Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s [2] at His coming, then comes [3] the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.  1 Corinthians 15:22-24

Being raised from the dead is not the same as being raised immortal.  Understanding that helps clear up a lot of end times confusion.

Sister

The Great White Throne Judgment is a judgment of all Unbelievers. 

Montana Marv

Not only unbelievers, but believers who were luke warm and did not get accepted in the first resurrection.

Revelation 3:16   So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Also, what about all the remnants of Israel who get brought into the millennial kingdom?  They will be flesh, for they will be multiplying for a thousand years.  They will have their change also, not immediately when they die, but in the 2nd judgement.

Micah 4:2   And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

I could go on.  What about all the gentiles that Israel will teach during the millennium?  Many more gentiles will be born during the thousand years and converted because of them. They all have their day of resurrection also, which will be in the 2nd judgement.

Zechariah 8:23   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Isaiah 61:9   And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

Isaiah 62:2   And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Now there is a Resurrection for the Just (called the First Resurrection).  And there is a Resurrection for the Unjust (called the Second Resurrection).   There is no Scripture that says there is only one wave of entry into the First Resurrection.  I believe there are multiple entries for the First Resurrection.

John 6:54   Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

[[[For this will allow all those born during the 1000 years which are of Faith to enter into the First Resurrection, the resurrection for the living]]]. (this is where I did not agree with what you were implying). 

The thousand years comes AFTER the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6   Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

All others will die at the end of the 1000 years when they follow Satan.  Free will to follow Christ, and /or free will to follow Satan.

Montana Marv

Many will die also during the thousand years, for they are still flesh, not die just at the end of the thousand years.  Man will live a ripe old age to hundred years, inside the kingdom and out.  Man will die blessed or accursed, nevertheless he will live to a hundred.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

So all who will live and be born during the thousand years, will be in that second judgement.  Anyone who is not written in the Lambs book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.  It doesn't say everyone is cast into the lake of fire?  This is a mixed final judgement of damnation and salvation.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

[[[For this will allow all those born during the 1000 years which are of Faith to enter into the First Resurrection, the resurrection for the living]]]. (this is where I did not agree with what you were implying). 

The thousand years comes AFTER the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6   Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Makes chronological sense to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,223
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Sister

The Great White Throne Judgment is a judgment of all Unbelievers. 

Montana Marv

Not only unbelievers, but believers who were luke warm and did not get accepted in the first resurrection.

Revelation 3:16   So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Also, what about all the remnants of Israel who get brought into the millennial kingdom?  They will be flesh, for they will be multiplying for a thousand years.  They will have their change also, not immediately when they die, but in the 2nd judgement.

Micah 4:2   And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

I could go on.  What about all the gentiles that Israel will teach during the millennium?  Many more gentiles will be born during the thousand years and converted because of them. They all have their day of resurrection also, which will be in the 2nd judgement.

Zechariah 8:23   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Isaiah 61:9   And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

Isaiah 62:2   And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Hi Sister,

If we are all one group, then why does the Lord differentiate between `nations, Jew & Gentile,` in the scriptures you quoted.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Days Won:  1

Concerning the resurrection unto immortality there are three such occurrences.

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.  But each in his own order: [1] Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s [2] at His coming, then comes [3] the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.  1 Corinthians 15:22-24

Being raised from the dead is not the same as being raised immortal.  Understanding that helps clear up a lot of end times confusion.

Correct, being raised does not automatically mean immortality ,the below verse illustrates this

Revelation 20:12"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

These are those who have not as of yet put on immortality,thus standing a chance to die the 2nd death,which is the death of the soul.............