IGNORED

Relationship/Violence

Guest Countrycutie64

Guest Countrycutie64

My father was an abusive alcoholic. My mother left him and has since remarried, but I fear that I will marry a guy like him. No matter how many times I tell myself that God will protect me in whatever, the fear still lingers. What should I do?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Pray, and don't marry without having a prospectve spouse, earn a turst by deserving it, don't be afraid to interview the people who know him best, do a background check etc, big deceisions should not be taken casually.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

My father was an abusive alcoholic. My mother left him and has since remarried, but I fear that I will marry a guy like him. No matter how many times I tell myself that God will protect me in whatever, the fear still lingers. What should I do?

While God will certainly protect you, He also expects you to be wise in all your decisions. Jesus said be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Spend much time in Job, Psalms, and Proverbs and learn from God's wisdom. Also ask God for wisdom, and believe that He has granted it, because He gives it liberally to those who ask (James 1:5-8). Get to know your prospective spouse thoroughly, and balance "love is blind" with "love is wise".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Personally I'd avoid your father, but that's for you to decide not me.  Wishing you well.

• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

If you want to see how your prospective husband will treat you ..look at how his father treats his mother. He has learned from his father how his wife should be treated. The same applies for men..to see how a wife will treat him he should look at how the girl's mother treats her husband. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Pray and seek Gods will for your life. And also follow Megas advice! 

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

If you want to see how your prospective husband will treat you ..look at how his father treats his mother. He has learned from his father how his wife should be treated. The same applies for men..to see how a wife will treat him he should look at how the girl's mother treats her husband. 

Than might be true some times, but I treated my wife, nothing like my father treated his, even when I was an unbeliever. We are not robots incapable of escaping our programming.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Welcome countrycutie54 ,   you have been given wise advice , follow it and pray  .

God bless you .......... you are a daughter of God , do not accept abuse or violence from anyone no matter what excuse they give you , tell others ,  get help , walk away . take care of you 

Edited by petula
accidentally pressed send , sorry

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Than might be true some times, but I treated my wife, nothing like my father treated his, even when I was an unbeliever. We are not robots incapable of escaping our programming.

True, but in general, our parents are our role models and we learn early from them. Many who have abusive parents learn to love from other meaningful people in their lives. When one accepts Christ as Saviour that first model is no longer followed and Jesus becomes the role model.