alm1957

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My husband was recently laid off by a large corporation that was experiencing some financial difficulties.  We are devastated as he was the sole provider and we feel like our life has been turned upside down. How does this happen to a righteous man while the non righteous employees still have their jobs?   Seeking perspective and guidance....

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Beloved, Both Of You  Are Loved

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17 (King James Version)

Praying~!

~

PS: After 16 Years With The Same Company, My Son Was Laid Off Yesterday, Friday.
He Supports A Wife And Son.

For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers, saying,

“I will tell of your name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

And again,

“I will put my trust in him.”

And again,

“Behold, I and the children God has given me.” Hebrews 2:10- 13 (English Standard Version)

I Am Blessed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

"Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.…"

Psalm 37: 7, 8

Give God a chance. Focus on Him, each other, and how God would want you to deal with your situation. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Welcome to Worthy , praying for you and your family . I know you're frightened , but please trust in God , he won't let you down .

God bless you and your family 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

It sounds so trite to say "worry not".  If you are His children, the Father will not abandon you no matter how dark things look at this time. All God wants is for you to believe His eye is on the sparrow and He cares for all your needs. It is easy to say 'Lord I trust you for all things." It is difficult to say that in the tough times, but that is when our faith shows. Just pray and say to God, "Lord, you know my needs better than I do. I trust you, for you have all things planned for my good." And the hardest is to say, ' Not my will but Thine.' And really mean it. That is what He wants. Trust in HIS WILL for you and your family..particularly at this your Thanksgiving...in ALL THINGS GIVE THANKS...He loves you. Be patient and wait on the Lord, and trust Him.

Edited by Littlelambseativy

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

My husband was recently laid off by a large corporation that was experiencing some financial difficulties.  We are devastated as he was the sole provider and we feel like our life has been turned upside down. How does this happen to a righteous man while the non righteous employees still have their jobs?   Seeking perspective and guidance....

For perspective, remember that the rain falls and the sun shines on the just and unjust alike.

Matthew 5

Love Your Enemies
44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 

Bad things happen to good people.   But God uses all things for our good.

Romans 8

God Works In All Things
28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Nothing happens to you that God has not allowed, and if God has allowed it, it is for a reason that is ultimately for your good. Accepting this can be very hard, and when one is in a hard place, seeing the Hand of God can be very hard to do.

Praying for you and your husband and family through this difficult time that God will provide both for your needs and increase your understanding of God and His love for you, and will draw you even closer to Himself through all of this.

Jesus said we must become as little children.   A little child turns to their father with simple faith and trust that their father will take care of them and make everything right.   Trust your heavenly Father.  :)

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. God Bless You!