• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Yes I do. I've been blessed in living in a area that gives me easy access to firearms and the financial ability to afford them currently but that hasn't always been the case. One has to have their priorities, and sometimes one must do without.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

23 hours ago, archaeologist55 said:

Here is a question:

Instead of using a gun, why not use spiritual warfare on the intruder?

As of now the greatest danger to our country is radical islamic extremest, we don't really know how many are inside our borders or where they are going to strike next. If God forbid any of us would be at one of their targets, I somehow don't think a radical islamic extremest would understand our using spiritual warfare on the them. I carry or have a gun within reach 24/7 ever since I spent a year in a place where I was a target, and also because of my job where I'm constantly in the public eye, if a crazy has a problem with government I would look like an easy target to them. I pray I don't ever need a gun for other than hunting and sport shooting, yet if I do need a gun for protection it is there.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,244
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 12/9/2015, 10:22:17, archaeologist55 said:

Here is a question:

Instead of using a gun, why not use spiritual warfare on the intruder?

that is always my first choice....      but I am also ready just in case the Lord wants me to go further.....              I do hope everyone understands that no weapon carrier that I know goes around looking for someone to shoot....    it's just a last resort.    God gave us the common sense to protect ourselves and our family....

The whole problem with the whole "shoot to wound" mentality, is that it doesnt always work. Its the middle of the night, someone comes bashing through your door. Your woken up from a dead sleep, your confused, tired, adrenalines pumping, not entirely sure whats going on, its dark, assuming you have practiced enough times to be able to get to your gun fast enough to help you out, your left with precious little time, and in the dark, a arm or a leg shot, is extremely difficult, especially, with the adrenaline and everything else pumping through your system. Every self defense expert will tell you, aim for the biggest target-center mass, and fire until it is no longer a threat. You do anything else, and chances are high you will die. Its not a matter of "wanting" to kill someone, its a matter of common sense. And even if everything happened Ideally, well lit room, you manage to keep a calm head, and your a crack shot, what are you going to do if that perp is high on drugs and that non-lethal shot doesnt take him or her down? you may not get a chance for a second. So, if one is to own a lethal weapon for self defense-one must be willing to kill-or you might as well not own a lethal weapon.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, the_patriot2015 said:

The whole problem with the whole "shoot to wound" mentality, is that it doesnt always work. Its the middle of the night, someone comes bashing through your door. Your woken up from a dead sleep, your confused, tired, adrenalines pumping, not entirely sure whats going on, its dark, assuming you have practiced enough times to be able to get to your gun fast enough to help you out, your left with precious little time, and in the dark, a arm or a leg shot, is extremely difficult, especially, with the adrenaline and everything else pumping through your system. Every self defense expert will tell you, aim for the biggest target-center mass, and fire until it is no longer a threat. You do anything else, and chances are high you will die. Its not a matter of "wanting" to kill someone, its a matter of common sense. And even if everything happened Ideally, well lit room, you manage to keep a calm head, and your a crack shot, what are you going to do if that perp is high on drugs and that non-lethal shot doesnt take him or her down? you may not get a chance for a second. So, if one is to own a lethal weapon for self defense-one must be willing to kill-or you might as well not own a lethal weapon.

I always heard that three shots to the torso is the ideal, depending on your caliber.  Probably need more with .22 as opposed to .40 or 45.

actually I would rather get hit with a .40 or a 45 then a .22. a .22 wont penetrate bone, but will instead ricochet, in essence, playing ping pong with your ribs.

From a legal standpoint, you ideally dont want to shoot more then two shots-in many states, more then two can be argued as excessive force. Practically, shoot till they are no longer a threat.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

On 12/10/2015 at 11:25 AM, the_patriot2015 said:

Guys, do we really need to make this personal Shiloh and tiger eye? Why can't we just share our opinions, and let it be? Instead of comments like "everyone needs to read their bibles more and share their opinions less" and "translation , you can't disprove me" I mean I can't see Christ having an exchange like this.

No, me either.  But I think they both have something to add....they're just coming from different directions.  It happens but I hope they move beyond it.  Stong personalities make strong believers.  :)

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,244
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, the_patriot2015 said:

actually I would rather get hit with a .40 or a 45 then a .22. a .22 wont penetrate bone, but will instead ricochet, in essence, playing ping pong with your ribs.

From a legal standpoint, you ideally dont want to shoot more then two shots-in many states, more then two can be argued as excessive force. Practically, shoot till they are no longer a threat.

for the home, I like my 12 gage with 0 or 00 buck shot.......    the 00 is about like getting 9 .380 hits at one time....    

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 8:26 PM, archaeologist55 said:
But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

You have condemned and put to death the righteous man; he does not resist you.

But according to your logic you have to rove a positive, so where are the biblical instructions that grant you to kill in self-defense?

I don't believe . that we all need to hear  about violence and the results of caliber rounds, this is not biblical , it is about personal preference, and so can we go to biblical scripture and not make this about whos gun is bigger , it is not in response of a God centered topic,

they have web sites for those topics that are not Christian based  ? thank you gentlemen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.29
  • Days Won:  0

I am a Christian and have been a Christian for over 30 years.  My wife and I are gun owners and have been for over 20 years.  It was a decision we both made together.  We both have concealed carry permits and multiple guns.  Shooting is both a hobby for us and a means of self defense.