IGNORED

How can we say Tribulation has not started ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,219
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi WilliamL,

I still see that you say there is 40 years from the great earthquake through the trumpets & bowls. You said -

`This 40-year period will commence with the great earth changes........ The Judgment of the nations during the Bowls, "for in them the Wrath of God is completed." Rev. 15:1  Like during the Exodus era, this I strongly believe will only come after a full 40 years. 

This you say comes from an `Exodus-era foreshadow/type.` I believe this is a false premise -

1. 1 Cor. 10: 1 - 13. This, as I said previously is all to do with behaviour - `our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things...not become idolaters...not tempt Christ,...nor murmur, etc`

2. Gal. 4: 21 - 31. This is also speaking of behaviour - being under the law or not - `tell me you who desire to be under the law...` (v. 21)

3. Heb. 12: 18 - 28. Again this is also of behaviour - `See that you do not refuse him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven.` (v. 25)

So, William, there is no basis for any of these to be a foreshadow/type of the trib/wrath etc period. 

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,123
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Marilyn, you seem to be hung up on your word behavior, as if this somehow makes a difference about the OT events foreshadowing the new. Whereas it rather proves the point: the behavior and events of the OT peoples of God, Paul says, foreshadow the behavior and events of the NT peoples of God. Here is another such example:

When Prince Solomon was made King of Israel in 1031 BC, and began to sit on the royal throne in Jerusalem, it was a type and foreshadowing of the accession of Jesus Christ over the "Kingdom of this World."  (Revelation 11:15) 1 Chronicles 29:23 calls the throne that Solomon sat upon "the throne of YHWH."

One of Christ's titles is Prince of Peace.  Isaiah 9:6  Solomon's name came from the Hebrew word for peace, Shalom: therefore Solomon was also literally Prince [of] Peace, and a type of the Messiah/Christ.  1 Chronicles 22:9

God clearly revealed this relationship between the two men by promises he made to David about his son Solomon. These promises apply equally to Jesus:

I will set up your seed after you, who will be of your sons [both Solomon and Jesus were physical descendants of David]; and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build me a house, and I will establish his throne forever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son...  1 Chronicles 17:11-13

Hi WilliamL,

Those are great examples of types & foreshadowing of Jesus - Solomon, David.  In the book of Revelation, the unveiling of Jesus as He is known in the heavenly realms, there are 330 references to the figures, shadows, symbols types, patterns, persons & buildings found in the OT. And these are all to reveal Christ to us.

We are told what they represent, whereas we are never told that the Exodus 40 years is a foreshadowing/type of what is to come. That is the difference William. With all the other examples  we are told what they represent. You, however, I believe, have gone beyond what God has said & made up your own interpretation.

Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Those are great examples of types & foreshadowing of Jesus - Solomon, David.  In the book of Revelation, the unveiling of Jesus as He is known in the heavenly realms, there are 330 references to the figures, shadows, symbols types, patterns, persons & buildings found in the OT. And these are all to reveal Christ to us.

We are told what they represent, whereas we are never told that the Exodus 40 years is a foreshadowing/type of what is to come. That is the difference William. With all the other examples  we are told what they represent. You, however, I believe, have gone beyond what God has said & made up your own interpretation.

On 1/11/2016 at 10:28 AM, WilliamL said:

Ezek. 29:10 ...I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. 11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. 12 And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.

Is. 19:22 ...the LORD will strike Egypt, He will strike and heal it; they will return to the LORD, and He will be entreated by them and heal them. 23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian will come into Egypt and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians will serve with the Assyrians. 24 In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing in the midst of the land, 25 whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”

There are your 40 years, which begin with the desolation of countries/nations, and afterwards conclude with the blessing of nations, when Israel comes into its full inheritance from God, after Jesus descends to destroy the Beast and nations gathered together against him and his people Israel.

If you don't agree with my explanation, how do you explain these verses, Marilyn?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

William

Keep reading in Ezk 29.  Go to vs. 17 - 20 -- Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon drove his army in a hard campaign against Tyre......  I am going to give Egypt to Neby king of Babylon, and he will carry off its wealth.  He will loot and plunder the land as pay for his army.  I have given him Egypt as a reward.

This 40 years is long, long gone, as when Israel was taken into captivity with King Neby.

Yet, Isa 19: 23-25 is referring the Mill Kingdom of Christ.

Two different Scriptures, two different times.

In Christ

Montana Marv

18 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

William

Keep reading in Ezk 29.  Go to vs. 17 - 20 -- Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon drove his army in a hard campaign against Tyre......  I am going to give Egypt to Neby king of Babylon, and he will carry off its wealth.  He will loot and plunder the land as pay for his army.  I have given him Egypt as a reward.

This 40 years is long, long gone, as when Israel was taken into captivity with King Neby.

Yet, Isa 19: 23-25 is referring the Mill Kingdom of Christ.

Two different Scriptures, two different times.

"Two different Scriptures, two different times" applies to Ezekiel 29 also.

Verses 1-16 (which has two different prophecies within it) were given "in the 10th year."

Verses 17-21 were given "in the 27th year." The latter prophecy was fulfilled within 570/69 B.C., in Nebuchadnezzar's 37th year. But Egypt was not "desolated" and "uninhabited" for 40 years at that time, only plundered. The 40 years' prophecy is yet to be fulfilled; because if it was meant for that era, it was a false prophecy. But Ezekiel was not a false prophet.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

"Two different Scriptures, two different times" applies to Ezekiel 29 also.

Verses 1-16 (which has two different prophecies within it) were given "in the 10th year."

Verses 17-21 were given "in the 27th year." The latter prophecy was fulfilled within 570/69 B.C., in Nebuchadnezzar's 37th year. But Egypt was not "desolated" and "uninhabited" for 40 years at that time, only plundered. The 40 years' prophecy is yet to be fulfilled; because if it was meant for that era, it was a false prophecy. But Ezekiel was not a false prophet.

William

The 40 years was fulfilled, no future fulfillment.  Ezk 29: 12 - I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities.  And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them though the countries. 

All was fulfilled with King Neby.  Forty years after their captivity, those of Egypt begin to return.

In Christ

Montana Marv

10 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

The 40 years was fulfilled, no future fulfillment.  Ezk 29: 12 - I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities.  And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them though the countries. 

All was fulfilled with King Neby.  Forty years after their captivity, those of Egypt begin to return.

Another of your false claims based upon your word alone. But the fact is, history records the reigns of two successive rulers of Egypt after Nebuchadnezzar's departure: Merneptah and Amasis. The latter reigned 43 years (plus or minus a year), and died just before the conquest of Egypt by Cambyses of Persia in 524 B.C. So Egypt was definitely not desolate in those days.

There is another prophecy that shows the great length of time between the destruction and depopulation of the earth at and soon following the Great Tribulation, and the final Battles of the Armageddon era when Jesus descends to the Mount of Olives. That prophecy is Ezekiel 38:15, speaking of the invasion of Israel by Gog:

“Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army."

Such an army of horsemen does not exist in our era. As I have pointed out before, it would take many, many years to breed up all those trained warhorses, and train the warrior-horsemen for them. This must come long after earth has been depopulated. (Which a number of scriptures tell us will occur.) And these are definitely flesh-and-blood horses, for Ezek. 39:20 and Rev. 19:18 say that birds will eventually eat their flesh.

So what this tells us is that this will take place after the technology we have today no longer exists. That technology will be destroyed in the earth changes and subsequent wars at and immediately following the Second Coming of Jesus for his elect. In sum, a 40-year hiatus between the Second Coming and this Armageddon war is well within reason.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

13 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Another of your false claims based upon your word alone. But the fact is, history records the reigns of two successive rulers of Egypt after Nebuchadnezzar's departure: Merneptah and Amasis. The latter reigned 43 years (plus or minus a year), and died just before the conquest of Egypt by Cambyses of Persia in 524 B.C. So Egypt was definitely not desolate in those days.

There is another prophecy that shows the great length of time between the destruction and depopulation of the earth at and soon following the Great Tribulation, and the final Battles of the Armageddon era when Jesus descends to the Mount of Olives. That prophecy is Ezekiel 38:15, speaking of the invasion of Israel by Gog:

“Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army."

Such an army of horsemen does not exist in our era. As I have pointed out before, it would take many, many years to breed up all those trained warhorses, and train the warrior-horsemen for them. This must come long after earth has been depopulated. (Which a number of scriptures tell us will occur.) And these are definitely flesh-and-blood horses, for Ezek. 39:20 and Rev. 19:18 say that birds will eventually eat their flesh.

So what this tells us is that this will take place after the technology we have today no longer exists. That technology will be destroyed in the earth changes and subsequent wars at and immediately following the Second Coming of Jesus for his elect. In sum, a 40-year hiatus between the Second Coming and this Armageddon war is well within reason.

I have to admit that's one interesting take on the End Times, William.  Unfortunately I don't believe it's anything other than your opinion and. as such, is just one of many. Or....are you teaching this?

Hi WilliamL,

Oh, but the company that go with the Russians have been busy breeding up more horses for their army. Will look into my files to find more about this.

Marilyn.