• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

28 minutes ago, Pamelasv said:

That link doesn't work anymore.  

I have heard they have the old testament, and believe in the God the father (not stated that way), but believe Jesus was on earth, but not as a savior.  So people are essentially saying is they believe Islam believes there is that one almighty God. I always believed this too, but then you hear more reports and they are different.  I really should talk to a muslim in person someday and ask myself.  That actually is a scary thought to me to do that.  

Islam has a twisted view of the old testament. What the bible says about any bible story and what the quran says about it dont line up. There are large errors in the quran regarding biblical stories. They believe that Jesus was an illegitimate child born from mary who was just a man and nothing more. And he didnt die on the cross either. In their view. They think ishmael is the chosen son and not isaac. Their view of who God is, is different. What they have is a demonically twisted view. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Islam has a twisted view of the old testament. What the bible says about any bible story and what the quran says about it dont line up. There are large errors in the quran regarding biblical stories. They believe that Jesus was an illegitimate child born from mary who was just a man and nothing more. And he didnt die on the cross either. In their view. They think ishmael is the chosen son and not isaac. Their view of who God is, is different. What they have is a demonically twisted view. 

Actually they believe Jesus is coming back again:

• However, Prophet Muhammad also informed us, in numerous ways, that Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) will return to Earth – not to bring a new prophecy, but to be a just judge for the people. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 1/8/2016 at 11:12 PM, other one said:

there are a lot of Christians that have never read the whole Bible....   they are prime for deception.

i've never understood that; how one can believe the gospel - that the God of all things sought you out, and did everything for you to be with Him eternally, and to place your entire trust, your whole life in Him - but never be interested enough in what He has to say to take the time to read the record of who He is and how He has interacted with mankind, not even once.

:huh:

Edited by post

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I've often wondered why Islam addresses Jesus at all. Islam teaches that Jesus wasn't crucified, and I wonder why even mention Him at all. I've read the Qur'an, and explored it a lot last year, and now that I've returned to Christianity, it doesn't make sense to me as to why Islam addresses Jesus at all, why make up a different story about him? Why is that necessary in order to promote Islam? Just seems like an odd thing to do unless you are threatened by Christianity, as perhaps Muhammad was.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

18 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Actually they believe Jesus is coming back again:

• However, Prophet Muhammad also informed us, in numerous ways, that Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) will return to Earth – not to bring a new prophecy, but to be a just judge for the people. 

They may believe He is returning, but their Jesus will condemn Christians and Jews and is still not the way to be saved. He is still nothing more than a mere man. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 minutes ago, post said:

i've never understood that; how one can believe the gospel - that the God of all things sought you out, and did everything for you to be with Him eternally, and to place your entire trust, your whole life in Him - but never be interested enough in what He has to say to take the time to read the record of who He is and how He has interacted with mankind, not even once.

:huh:

I can only share my viewpoint about it, but I think way too many people just go to church every week and think that's really all they have to do.

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

They may believe He is returning, but their Jesus will condemn Christians and Jews and is still not the way to be saved. He is still nothing more than a mere man. 

according to both Shia and Sunni, Jesus will return and show people that Mohammad was the last prophet and point to Islam as being the real true religion.

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Oh I understand their understanding of Jesus' return is very different, and they believe he will die after 40 years.

But to me this shows the christian roots of Islam, an eastern sect that went way astray.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I don't think Islam has Christian roots. Just Mohammed borrowing a few things from truly Abrahamic religions, perhaps with some demonic influence. Not PC of course, but that is my thought.

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

Oh I understand their understanding of Jesus' return is very different, and they believe he will die after 40 years.

But to me this shows the christian roots of Islam, an eastern sect that went way astray.

Not Christian roots that went astray. He started it through immediate twisting of scripture. He essentially stole parts of it. If you believe that a man started the religion. I believe that the so called angel who threw him down and ordered him to read was the devil.

24 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Not Christian roots that went astray. He started it through immediate twisting of scripture. He essentially stole parts of it. If you believe that a man started the religion. I believe that the so called angel who threw him down and ordered him to read was the devil.

The story of how he "received" his revelations was written down 200 years after his death.  Who knows what the "real" story is.  There is growing evidence they were actually a sect that broke off one of the Eastern Orthodox churches and went into heresy.