• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Many would be very familiar with this :

Daniel 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

Some personal observations I hope will be helpful to 'somebody' out there from the book of Daniel and Revelations .. my INTENTION is to show just how much Daniel actually explains certain scriptures in Revelations when closely scrutinized ..

Take this above verse as 'free standing' as it were, as a sort of TEMPLATE to cross reference what I am saying to make sure there are no contradictions .. then if by the end someone might agree .. that would make me very happy .. because I'm not attempting to bedazzle with perfect scriptural examples, I am instead seeking consensus .. seeing if we can at least agree on the interpretations to what Daniel is conveying in a very basic and generalized manner, so we can find common ground from which to carry forth.

Breaking it down  ..

Daniel 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head

'Head'.. SINGULAR .. Notice only one head has 10 horns (from the 7 headed dragon), some interpretations spread the 10 horns over all seven heads which is clearly not what scripture says, unfortunately millions of adherents of particular denominations have fallen for that simple error and as a consequence have confused the entire meaning that God is conveying .. but we don't have to .. this is actually very significant in regards to correlating Revelations scriptures, please keep this in mind ..

Daniel 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up,

Notice the 'other horn' which 'came up' is AMONGST the 10 horns, that is, THEY are TOGETHER on the SAME HEAD .. VERY IMPORTANT .. VERY .. keep that in mind as I start to slowly introduce Revelations into the mix later on ..

Daniel 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell

Several denominations say 'before whom three fell' means that some time ago in the past, three of those horns fell before that 'other horn' appeared later on in the future .. and millions of adherents just accept what they are told .. but they are wrong too, for :

Daniel 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Clearly it is that 'other horn' which caused :  "and before whom three fell".  since it was HE who subdued the three horns as it is revealed above (assuming you have already linked horns with kings as is written) .. HIM, that horn himself .. Therefore "before whom" simply means 'in his presence' .. that is IMPORTANT .. keep that in mind also .. FEEL how the written word is being expressed on this subject, note the LINGO God is purposely applying .. ^_^

Daniel 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes,

God made sure this horn's 'eyes' were included in the description .. why? .. well eyes, as we can see below, when symbolically used, usually represents the 'inner spirit' .. that is, a spiritual person and usually in the Godly sense .. but it can also be reversed to mean spiritual as in non-Godly, just like it is written, 'the SPIRIT that is in the world' which is NOT of God but of Satan ..  (tiny example, there are so many more) .. below are Godly 'eyes' / inner (Holy) spirit(s) awakening ..

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness

Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

So as the saying goes, 'the eyes are the window to the soul' .. these are of the 'good eyes' sort .. but can we get even more specific? .. YES ..  Daniel delivers in another verse of the same chapter ..

Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man,

'Eyes of a man' .. ahh .. that suggests a mortal perspective meaning flesh orientated meaning a worldly preference rather than a Godly perspective, now I can tune in to a more precise understanding to what God means .. because in other examples, if God associates you with 'man', He can at times mean it in a non flattering way .. as in a non-Godly / spiritual kind of way .. specifically.

Proverbs 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

Obviously these eyes are not the eyes of a Godly person but of a worldly person, fleshy, sensual, having the 'spirit of the world' within them and not of God, COVETEOUS .. that kind of 'inner SPIRIT' / spirituality .. again, not of the Godly sort.

And we know what TRAITS those kind of eyes have .. (tiny example from the many)

Proverbs 30:13  There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.

Obviously 'eyes' can not be lofty unless you're a Pug .. LOL .. so the eyes are reflecting their inner spirit, which is not right, spiritually speaking.

Isaiah 5:15 And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

Those kind of 'eyes' ..

2 Peter 2:14-16

14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

Adultery is a physical act but it is also a SPIRITUAL act / sin .. to be beguiling is to be charming or enchanting, often in a deceptive way, deception is a trait, a sinful & corrupt reflection of ones inner spirit and etc etc you get the gist of it .. physically sinful traits are all manifestations of the 'inner SPIRIT' .. for it is the Spirit which concerns God, not the flesh .. those eyes of man.

So this horn will have a very worldly orientated or focussed outlook (as it is even written how all Satan cares about is the FLESH, His eyes are always on the flesh / being carnal of spirit) .. that kind of spirit .. 'the spirit which is in the world' .. ie Satanically influenced / sourced .. and as we know, Satan's spirit in the world doesn't care if you're atheistic, Islamic, worship mountains, worship self .. whatever .. ANYTHING except Godly ..

Note now the 'mouth' :

Daniel 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

Before I comment on that, I will instead start introducing Revelations and compare it with those scriptures I've given above, especially those which I mentioned to 'take note of' .. and in doing so, a picture should start to emerge of which many are not aware of and as far as they are concerned, just 'is not there' in a particular prophetic explanation within the book of Revelations .. but hopefully 'you' will begin to see that it is indeed 'there', and see it for yourselves with Daniels help .. because as we have seen .. millions CAN be wrong .. but, Lord willing, we don't have to be wrong too.

TO BE CONTINUED ..

BUT FIRST a question : Are my generalized explanations / definitions acceptable so far?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Serving said:

Before I comment on that, I will instead start introducing Revelations and compare it with those scriptures I've given above, especially those which I mentioned to 'take note of' .. and in doing so, a picture should start to emerge of which many are not aware of and as far as they are concerned, just 'is not there' in a particular prophetic explanation within the book of Revelations .. but hopefully 'you' will begin to see that it is indeed 'there', and see it for yourselves with Daniels help .. because as we have seen .. millions CAN be wrong .. but, Lord willing, we don't have to be wrong too.

TO BE CONTINUED ..

BUT FIRST a question : Are my generalized explanations / definitions acceptable so far?

Pretty much in agreement so far.  A couple of things to note are:

• There is no mention of the seven heads in Daniel 7.
  • The "other horn" was smaller than the 10 when he first appears, then he becomes larger after he uproots the three.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

3 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Pretty much in agreement so far.

Thanks Daze for joining in .. that's a good start then .. cool.

A couple of things to note are:
• There is no mention of the seven heads in Daniel 7.

No there isn't, you are correct .. I kinda jumped the gun mentioning it there, I added that statement like a natural reflex, didn't even realize I did it either as I was keying away .. but I do mean to be addressing that point as I go since it will be part of the explanation anyways ..    

• The "other horn" was smaller than the 10 when he first appears, then he becomes larger after he uproots the three.

Interesting statement there Daze .. I know where you are coming from too .. from this : whose look was more stout than his fellows.

Though I never looked at it as you put it, because it can be taken another way all together .. neither have I  even considered it in the way you just interpreted it, neither had it ever occurred to me .. well .. it doesn't break or contradict or change the interpretative outcome of any scripture I am aware of on this subject & it certainly is a valid observation since I can see where you are coming from straight up.

Therefore I don't have any objections to the interpretation you just pointed out .. in fact I'd say this, "nice observation brother", I can already see how we can use that without any contradiction at all .. because his power does grow after all .. again, NICE observation there Brother.

This is a good start, as you said, we are pretty much on the same page .. I'll just wait a little bit before carrying on in case somebody has an objection ..

Good work Daze.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

No objections at all. Just waiting for you to stick your neck out all the way.  :biggrin2:

Will return after the Sabbath to see how this develops. Please keep on truckin'.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Serving,

Am appreciating what you are saying here, so far, bro.

`Daniel 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them ; and he  shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Clearly it is that 'other horn' which caused :  "and before whom three fell".  since it was HE who subdued the three horns as it is revealed above (assuming you have already linked horns with kings as is written) .. HIM, that horn himself .. Therefore "before whom" simply means 'in his presence' .. that is IMPORTANT .. keep that in mind also .. FEEL how the written word is being expressed on this subject, note the LINGO God is purposely applying .. ^_^ 

God is showing us, I believe, the `process,` the development,t of this `terrifying beast` kingdom, super power of today.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

59 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Serving,

Am appreciating what you are saying here, so far, bro.

God is showing us, I believe, the `process,` the development,t of this `terrifying beast` kingdom, super power of today.

Marilyn.

Do you believe it's a current world power that is being talked about in Daniel or one yet to come?

27 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Do you believe it's a current world power that is being talked about in Daniel or one yet to come?

Hi MorningGlory,

I believe it is a current power that is arising - `dreadful & terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, & trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it,....` (Dan. 7: 7)

Also as God`s word says that its leader is the `Assyrian` the `King of the North,` & the `King of Babylon,` it is pretty clear not only from God`s word but from what is already happening across the world, as to who this `terrifying beast` is.

Thank you for asking, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

25 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi MorningGlory,

I believe it is a current power that is arising - `dreadful & terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, & trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it,....` (Dan. 7: 7)

Also as God`s word says that its leader is the `Assyrian` the `King of the North,` & the `King of Babylon,` it is pretty clear not only from God`s word but from what is already happening across the world, as to who this `terrifying beast` is.

Thank you for asking, Marilyn.

Russia?

32 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Russia?

Hi MorningGlory,

Russia - Oh the `cuddly bear,` as shown on the Moscow Olympic games Poster. (1979) Yet we know that the Soviet Communists have a history of wars, confrontations & invasions. The KGB executions in prisons & concentration camps - estimated at 40 million people. So the `Bear` is quite a ferocious one. However we know from God`s word that Russia & its Federation get dealt with by God on the mountains of Israel at the beginning of the tribulation. (Ez. 38 & 39) Thus I do not see the `terrifying beast` as the Russian Bear.

Want to try again.:D Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

Oh BTW MorningGlory,

Once 5/6ths of the Russian Federation army is destroyed (Ez. 39: 2 KJ) & this includes Iran (Persia), then there will be a huge vacuum of power in the Middle East. So who will fill this?

Have a go, Marilyn.