IGNORED

What is the "Gospel" of Yashua, (Jesus)?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

You need to start looking at the content being sought Ezra.   You've missed a lot by looking at the other aspects that you don't like.

Truth is more likely to be found in places you don't like, sometimes, than in places you  visit regularly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

The Gospel is the message of the cross:

• 1 Corinthians 1

17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence,  lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”c

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/19/2016 at 10:57 AM, completedbeliever1 said:

That portion of scripture was added later to bring in trinitarian thinking.  

The baptismal formula is found in the book of Acts, and that is the correct way to baptise.  In the NAME of Yashua.  

There is overwhelming evidence that it didnt exist until long after the apostles had died.

And yet you cite none of the alleged overwhelming evidence...

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (AV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

John 1:1–2 (AV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 John 1:1–2 (AV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Genesis 1:1–2 (AV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. †

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

† John 1:3, Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2 all say Jesus created all things created in the beginning. Isaiah 44:24 says he did it alone by himself.

If you do not believe Jesus is God incarnate (John 1:1 / John 1:14) then you shall die in your sins (John 8:24).

John 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:23 AM, completedbeliever1 said:

When you hear the word, "gospel", what do you think about?

When I was about 15, I heard the word and didnt understand.  First off, my family was Jehovah Witness, and we didnt celebrate anything.  So later in life, I heard the words spoken by a "Mormon" and tried to grasp the meaning.

For the Mormons, the gospel is their belief system.  Since I know that there is nothing true about said religion, one must ignore their meaning, and dive headlong into scripture.

So as a young Witness, what did I learn?  Nothing much.  And that was the sad thing.  Yes, I went to school, and didnt have enough credits to graduate, but a few years later, I did get my GED...while I was in prison.

Funny, I know, but that is where I received most of my education.  How old was I?  24 when I went in, and 10 years later, here I am.

But when I turned 29, I started to figure things out.  I was not really doing much study until my 4th year in prison, and when I did pick up a book, I was happy.

I was learning.  Learning about things I never would have.  Then, one day, I woke up and said to myself, "I really want to know what that bible is about."  That was a few months after I saw the parole board.  They had let me out after 3.5 years, and since I didnt agree with my 10 year sentence, I decided to run.  

But later my brother convinced me to turn myself in, so I did.  I was given a one way ticket back to prison to finish my 6.5 years.  And to this day, I am grateful.  If he would not have asked me to, I would have never come to the understanding that I have now.

And that is what I am talking about.  This understanding is what the gospel REALLY is.  We need to have a PERFECT understanding of it to be "in" Yashua.  

The death, burial, and resurrection, IS the gospel.  That is what was hidden from past generations.  Those who came before, didnt have a full understanding of what would take place.  They were looking through a dark mirror.  But for us, on this side of history, the mirror is clear.  

How earth shattering, and how important the gospel is.  If it werent for the death, burial, and resurrection, we would be without hope.  

Why is baptism so important?  Because it is the gospel.  Death, burial, and resurrection.  When we are baptized, we die to the old man, and are resurrected into the new man.  It is not an outward expression of an inward devotion.  Because it is not about show and tell.  It is about do and die.  The gospel is not only about telling others, but living by example.

We MUST be born again.  Being born again, is physically living the gospel.  And the gospel is death, burial, and resurrection.  This is the truth Yashua gave to Nicodemus. 

In short the Gospel in it's very basic form TO ME is....

God's faithfulness to keep the promises made to Abraham in the covenant made with him in Genesis 17.

Ge 17:4  As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Ge 17:5  Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
Heb 2:16  For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Ro 4:13  For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Ro 4:16  Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Edited by Joline