IGNORED

Is the doctrine of the Trinity biblical?

JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

25 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

"Paganism has hi-jacked christianity and made a religion serving the pagan deity's."    I was not referring to the trinity your refering to.  Even Islam believes in the holy trinity of Father Son and Mary. The pagan system of sun worship had three main aspects: the father, mother, and the son.

Absolutely untrue; islam preaches one god, a.k.a. allah, and that allah has no son.  Mary is revered and Jesus called a propet in the Qur'an.   No trinity whatsoever. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

15 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Absolutely untrue; islam preaches one god, a.k.a. allah, and that allah has no son.  Mary is revered and Jesus called a propet in the Qur'an.   No trinity whatsoever. 

I know.

I don't know where some people come up with this stuff.

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

Read carefully----It is Not that they believe in their religion that 'allah' had a son --of course not .     THEY do misunderstand what our Trinity is ---to us......  They do NOT get the " Father, Son and Holy Spirit " of the REAL TRINITY . To them it must be Father, mother and child that we Christians believe in.   God, Mary and Jesus.  Yes they lift up mary--- big deal to them she gave birth to a muslim prophet-- i.e. their false Jesus.  

To Islam their False Jesus is a Muslim prophet to them.  He is not "a" prophet or "a" prophet of in biblical terms.  They believe Jesus will return , but when he returns he will reveal that HE was a Muslim Prophet and that Christianity is False and he will break all the crosses and Kill all those who don't believe in  Islam as the true religion.  So Jesus to them will come back and KILL all the CHRISTIANS.  That is what their prophecy tells them. 

Davida, they do not believe Jesus is God.

They do not believe Mary is God.

They do not worship Jesus.

They do not worship Mary

Your claim supporting Reinitin's claim they do worship Jesus and Mary along with God is false, which demonstrates neither of you even begin to understand the Islamic religion.  All you two are doing is making things up.

And this thread is not about Islam.

On 1/22/2016 at 5:26 AM, other one said:

That is ridiculous, plain and simple.  John says he was in the form of God and became flesh....   and when he was resurrected he asked the Father to jive him the glory he had before and the Father granted it.  God to flesh back to God.  Simple as that

He did not "ask" :)

He commanded.

•  

Jhn 17:5

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

"glorify" is a verb.   In the Greek this word is 

δοξάζω doxazō

Tense: Aorist
Voice: Active
Mood: Imperative

Notice the mood  - IMPERATIVE

• The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding

in another thread you claim Jesus, God the Son, is beneath God the Father rather than being Co-Equal with the Father.

Yet here is God the Son, Jesus, commanding God the Father regarding His glory.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:
  •  

No they don't!

They would be appalled by what you just said!

Sorry, I didn't have a lot of time to defend my statement on paganism entwined with the truth. My statement about Islam believing was not clear. Mohammad interpreted the worshipped trinity as the pagan father, son, mother deity in the quran 610 a.d.  or 659 a.d. (depending on what story you believe).

I'm not quoting the quran because I believe Mohammed was a prophet of God, I do not believe Mohammed to be a prophet. I'm only putting up quran quote to show even the writers of the quran identified or misunderstood the christian worship they were witnessing because of the pagan idol deities being called Jesus and Mary. 

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. [Qur'an 5:116]

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger from Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Three": desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. [Qur'an 4:171]

1 hour ago, Davida said:

What you say is true Reinitin. I found that also in my research of these ancient pagan religions too.  And it is true what you say about Islam- the imams think the father , mary and Jesus as the holy trinity. Satan HAS attacked GOD & Christ & HIS Word from the beginning sewing pagan counterfeits to sew confusion & steal the Worship of the Living God who revealed Himself to the Jews , in the Bible ,Yahweh, who sent His son Yeshua. 

Davida, I suggest you research the islamic belief.  They do NOT observe a Trinity of anyone or anything.  They preach that there is one god, allah. 

50 minutes ago, Davida said:

Read carefully----It is Not that they believe in their religion that 'allah' had a son --of course not .     THEY do misunderstand what our Trinity is ---to us......  They do NOT get the " Father, Son and Holy Spirit " of the REAL TRINITY . To them it must be Father, mother and child that we Christians believe in.   God, Mary and Jesus.  Yes they lift up mary--- big deal to them she gave birth to a muslim prophet-- i.e. their false Jesus.  

To Islam their False Jesus is a Muslim prophet to them.  He is not "a" prophet or "a" prophet of in biblical terms.  They believe Jesus will return , but when he returns he will reveal that HE was a Muslim Prophet and that Christianity is False and he will break all the crosses and Kill all those who don't believe in  Islam as the true religion.  So Jesus to them will come back and KILL all the CHRISTIANS.  That is what their prophecy tells them. 

Their prophecy is not the topic; they do NOT observe a Trinity of any shape, form or design.  Read the Qur'an 

59 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

I know.

I don't know where some people come up with this stuff.

It is the unfamiliarity with the false religion of islam; I don't fault them for it because the Qur'an is a foreign concept to Christians. 

4 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Sorry, I didn't have a lot of time to defend my statement on paganism entwined with the truth. My statement about Islam believing was not clear. Mohammad interpreted the worshipped trinity as the pagan father, son, mother deity in the quran 610 a.d.  or 659 a.d. (depending on what story you believe).

I'm not quoting the quran because I believe Mohammed was a prophet of God, I do not believe Mohammed to be a prophet. I'm only putting up quran quote to show even the writers of the quran identified or misunderstood the christian worship they were witnessing because of the pagan idol deities being called Jesus and Mary. 

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. [Qur'an 5:116]

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger from Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Three": desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. [Qur'an 4:171]

You just stabbed yourself in the foot.

What you quoted doesn't promote Jesus and Mary being Gods

It does THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

Did you even read what you posted?

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

It is the unfamiliarity with the false religion of islam; I don't fault them for it because the Qur'an is a foreign concept to Christians. 

I don't know what it is.

Here he is quoting from their book to say they believe Jesus and Mary are God, and what he quoted says the exact opposite!