• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

That isnt correct. Islam began when mohammed spoke with a so called angel who was rather brutal to him. He thought it was a demon but his wife convinced him otherwise. Mohammed had contact with an ebionite who gave him a false view of Christianity. That carried over into the quran. Islam did not come from Christianity. Islam twists who God is. 

From a previous post of mine.....

Some reasons why the allah of islam isnt the God of the bible.

1) Christians believe that God is spirit.

John 4:24 God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Islam says God isnt spirit.

2) Our Lord is transcendent and immanent.

While both Christians and muslims believe in the transcendence of God, muslims believe He does not interact at all with mankind. We believe God is intimately involved in our lives (immanence).

3) We believe God reveals Himself, not just His law.

Islam believes that allah's will is manifested, but not allah himself. Our Lord reveals Himself all throughout the bible.

4) The Trinity.

God is God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Islam proclaims allah has no son.

5) Our Lord loves us while we sinners.

For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son. While we were yet sinners, He reached out to us in love. Yet for muslims, allah loves no sinner.

6) Our Lord does not want anyone to perish. 

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any of us should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Islam says allah desires to punish people. 

7) How God regards the Jews.

The Jews are Gods people. The bible tells us this. Allah of islam hates the Jews. 

8) Our Lord is unchanging.

Islam believes in the doctrine of abrogation, where allah can change his mind at whim. Our Lord is unchanging.

9) Forgiveness.

We are forgiven on the basis of the atoning work of Jesus. His sacrifice (and our acceptance of Jesus) means we are forgiven and reconciled with the Lord. In islam, forgiveness by allah is based on the whim of allah. You have no way of knowing if you are forgiven or not. The only reasonably sure thing is death by martyrdom. 

Allah of islam is NOT the God of Abraham, not the Lord we believe in. Islam is not an offshoot of Christianity. It is a perversion of worship of the true Lord. (Mormons do not worship the same Lord either. They have changed whom He is.)

While they have deviated very far from Christianity, that doesn't mean they didn't spring from Christianity.   

You might want to take a look at this:

http://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2012/12/the-christian-origins-of-islam

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

While they have deviated very far from Christianity, that doesn't mean they didn't spring from Christianity.   

You might want to take a look at this:

http://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2012/12/the-christian-origins-of-islam

I dont need to. I have muslim relatives. I spent many years learning what I could about it in order to deal with them. Solid research. Not wacko online sites.

Just now, ayin jade said:

I dont need to. I have muslim relatives. I spent many years learning what I could about it in order to deal with them. Solid research. Not wacko online sites.

That doesn't mean they understand the origins of Islam.  There is the popular view, and then there is what history reveals.  Mohamed's story wasn't written down for, what, 200 years?  And it wasn't until the 9th century Islam claimed he was given revelations?

So I guess you're calling Peter J. Leithart, who is on the pastoral staff of Trinity Reformed Church in Moscow, Idaho, and Senior Fellow of Theology and Literature at New St. Andrews College  a wacko . . . .  simply because he dares to look at new evidence.     hmmmmm

7 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

That doesn't mean they understand the origins of Islam.  There is the popular view, and then there is what history reveals.  Mohamed's story wasn't written down for, what, 200 years?  And it wasn't until the 9th century Islam claimed he was given revelations?

So I guess you're calling Peter J. Leithart, who is on the pastoral staff of Trinity Reformed Church in Moscow, Idaho, and Senior Fellow of Theology and Literature at New St. Andrews College  a wacko . . . .  simply because he dares to look at new evidence.     hmmmmm

He was tried by his denomination for heresy. Given the nature of the charges and what core Christian beliefs he denied, I do think his views are not worth listening to.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

This grieves me deeply.

Thank you for caring.

Just a note :

The arabic word for God [or a transliteration of the word] is used by Christians in several different languages.  It is used in Bibles in several languages.  For example if one were to look up many / most reputable Indonesian language Bibles - one would likely see the word in many verses where english language Bibles use the word 'God'.  It is a normal word used in Indonesia.  It is a normal word used by many / most Indonesian Christians.

The english word 'God' is also used in countries around the world - by both Christians and non-Christians.  It is not a word that is used solely by Christians only.

However that said.... just because in many languages both Christians and non-Christians of different religions might sometimes use the same word when refering to a Creator....  that does NOT mean that they have the same understanding or beliefs regarding who the Creator is.   It does NOT mean that all religions are the same thing or that they are simply different paths to the same God or simply different ways to worship Him.  For Christians that is a false teaching that is not in line with Christianity or what the Bible teaches.  Just my personal thoughts.  No offence intended.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

He was tried by his denomination for heresy. Given the nature of the charges and what core Christian beliefs he denied, I do think his views are not worth listening to.

Really?   That's really low to drag someone's name through the mud unjustly.

So you only presented half the story and ignored the other half?   Let's look at the whole story:

• In June 2011, Leithart was tried by his presbytery for heresy related to his views regarding the Federal Vision.

In October 2011 he was exonerated on all charges

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Leithart

They way you left it clearly implied he is a heretic.   

I thought we were supposed to not bear false witness against our neighbors?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

About half a century ago, many Christians considered jesuits who abdicated their position to make known the so-called secrets of islam accurate .  No more secrets.  Now, of course, the enemies of Christ have had 50 more years and have  done their best  to re-write history.((believe it or not, that happens a lot))

14 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Really?   That's really low to drag someone's name through the mud unjustly.

So you only presented half the story and ignored the other half?   Let's look at the whole story:

• In June 2011, Leithart was tried by his presbytery for heresy related to his views regarding the Federal Vision.

In October 2011 he was exonerated on all charges

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Leithart

They way you left it clearly implied he is a heretic.   

I thought we were supposed to not bear false witness against our neighbors?

He still believes that stuff. He is part of that movement. 

As for bearing false witness ....  look in the mirror.

50 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

He still believes that stuff. He is part of that movement. 

As for bearing false witness ....  look in the mirror.

I've been looking further into him, and so far I'm not finding a heretic. :)