• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,053
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  238
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

There is a huge difference in being willing to die for your belief and being willing to die for other peoples beliefs... when they rape your women and the women are put to death for inciting a man are you going to stand by and do nothing? Most of the people who shout about their rights when in a new country want to hold onto the laws of the old country and that s what causes so many problems 

Try taking a bible into a muslim country and see how many lashes /years in prison you get yet they expect to do whatever they like in other countries and if you object then you are the one in the wrong.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

33 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

There is a huge difference in being willing to die for your belief and being willing to die for other peoples beliefs... when they rape your women and the women are put to death for inciting a man are you going to stand by and do nothing? Most of the people who shout about their rights when in a new country want to hold onto the laws of the old country and that s what causes so many problems 

Try taking a bible into a muslim country and see how many lashes /years in prison you get yet they expect to do whatever they like in other countries and if you object then you are the one in the wrong.  

That's because no matter where they are, we are still infidels and don't deserve to breath the same air they do.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

Funny you should mention this. Before he met me, my hubby worked as a Christian in an american hospital in saudi arabia. They would post about their bible studies or church services as "come watch american football game." My hubby likes to jog. If he was out on the streets of the city jogging during the call to prayer, he had to hide to avoid getting whipped by the religious police. He had to hide his bible when he entered saudi arabia. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, other one said:

If they want to live somewhere in peace with the original people who live there, they are not followers of Mohammad, so to call themselves Muslims is a tragedy.   While the word allah is the Arabic word for god, we are instructed in the Bible that there are many gods.....     don't confuse "allah" and "Allah"    with "God" or "The Father".    to do so is blasphemy.  

If you bother to study Islamic teachings you will learn that there are two states of Islamic existence.....   One is peace which is when the whole world is subject to Allah through the rule of Sharia Law...    and War.

So when they say  they are a religion of peace you are just not understanding what they are really saying.    And promoting the destruction of Western Civilization...

Well, I’m no expert in Islamic studies and I probably won’t bother becoming one, but I do know that Arab doesn’t have capital letters.  I also know enough about Islam to notice that islamophobic websites à la Robert Spencer work along the same lines as atheist websites à la Richard Dawkins work when it comes to Christianity: They pick the most violent and vile sounding verses from the Bible, take them out of context  and see that as proof for Christianity being morally deprived. Please don’t be fooled by these hate-mongers.  Here in Europe we’ve been living side by side with Muslims for decades and for the most part they are just as peaceful and law-abiding as the next man. And the Quran says that if somebody kills an innocent person it’s as if he killed the entire world. So most of my Muslim friends think that suicide-bombers expecting 72 virgins will be in for a nasty surprise.

Edited by junobet

Just now, junobet said:

Well, I’m no expert in Islamic studies and I probably won’t bother becoming one, but I do know that Arab doesn’t have capital letters and that - just as in Judaism and Christianity - God has no name in Islam.

And I know enough about Islam to notice that islamophobic websites à la Robert Spencer work along the same lines as atheist websites à la Richard Dawkins work when it comes to Christianity: They pick the most violent and vile sounding verses from the Bible, take them out of context  and see that as proof for Christianity being morally deprived. Please don’t be fooled by these hate-mongers.  Here in Europe we’ve been living side by side with Muslims for decades and for the most part they are just as peaceful and law-abiding as the next man. And the Quran says that if somebody kills an innocent person it’s as if he killed the entire world. So most of my Muslim friends think that suicide-bombers expecting 72 virgins will be in for a nasty surprise.

Well I have hundreds of hours involved in Islamic Studies over the past ten years.....    if you are going to discuss Islam I would suggest you spend some time learning about it's core beliefs....   And just for the records I don't hate Muslims, just their government.   And because of thier government I know that you can't trust any of them that have spoken the The Shahada (their profession of faith).

I know many Christians that have never read the Bible, and I know of Muslims that have never read the Koran and even more the hadiths.....     neither are really  devout members of their faith from my personal experience.......     but I also know that the more devout a Muslim gets, the more likely he is to work to put the world under Sharia Law....    that is demanded by their holy scripture.    It really isn't that difficult to radicalize any Muslim.....   just get him/her interested in studying their books.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, other one said:

Well I have hundreds of hours involved in Islamic Studies over the past ten years.....    if you are going to discuss Islam I would suggest you spend some time learning about it's core beliefs....   And just for the records I don't hate Muslims, just their government.   And because of thier government I know that you can't trust any of them that have spoken the The Shahada (their profession of faith).

I know many Christians that have never read the Bible, and I know of Muslims that have never read the Koran and even more the hadiths.....     neither are really  devout members of their faith from my personal experience.......     but I also know that the more devout a Muslim gets, the more likely he is to work to put the world under Sharia Law....    that is demanded by their holy scripture.    It really isn't that difficult to radicalize any Muslim.....   just get him/her interested in studying their books.

Sorry but it seems to me that your "Islamic Studies" consisted out of devouring books by Robert Spencer. If you are really interested ín proper Islamic Studies, there is a good seminary in my home town. You could learn a thing or two there about sharia and its diverse applications.

Interestingly enough most terrorists in Europe weren't that interested in Islam to begin with and could only be radicalized because they knew so little about it. That's why seminaries like the one I mentioned above, that educates future school-teachers, are so important.

Never read books of Robert, but the Koran itself in chronological order, Reliance of the Traveller which is the certified English copy of Sharia Law used by Sunni Muslims and three volumes of Bukhari's hadith..    you might call it going right to the source.....    by the way if I really bought into all that as truth, I'd be your worst nightmare.

Also the head of ISIS has a doctorate in Islamic Studies...      So I really do think you have a lot to learn about Islam.

it will be interesting to see how you react when they come for your family....

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Sorry junobet , you are being sadly misinformed, and showing ignorance on the topic.  Spencer is a Christian who's family migrated from a country where Islam was prevalent and he began to study it's history and quran and hadiths etc.. and doesn't hate anyone but he is an Academic & studied Islamic writings for 30yrs . He has written about 14 books on the subject.  Don't just repeat what you hear or superficially read.  Don't be mislead by slanderous websites that are  Robert Spencer haters --the fact that they are bad mouthing him is because he is an Expert in Islamic Doctrine.  The guy is so proficient & well versed he debates Islamic Apologists and Imams  and wins these debates.

All this does not mean he's not biased, in fact in one of the reviews I read of his book, 

• The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) 

they did say he seemed to be aware of anti-muslim bias which is good.

He isn't just some author out here, but has led seminars on Islam and jihad for the United States Central Command, United States Army Command and General Staff College, the U.S. Army's Asymmetric Warfare Group, the FBI, the Joint Terrorism Task Force, and the U.S. intelligence community. So he is obviously looked upon as an expert in this field.  I've not personally read any of his works, but I might get this one.

***shakes head***

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

20 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Ah.  Now I understand.  I meant my comment in a different way, the tares among the wheat, wolves among the sheep.  In other words, pretend Christians amongst real Christians.

I figured as much but I never forget what is in me. :)