IGNORED

The Mark and the Image

Last Daze

23 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Maybe it would help if I elaborate on what I see as "worship the image".  I don't see worshipping the image as a one-time act but an ongoing lifestyle, obedience to a code of conduct.  The expression "whoever receives the mark and worships the image" to me means the same thing as "whoever receives the mark and continues in a life of obedience to the false prophet".

Consequently, I see the plagues being brought to bear on "those who receive the mark and continue in willful obedience to the false prophet".  Isn't obedience worship?  Can't people discontinue their willful obedience?

It's that, and the nature of the plagues, and God's desire that people repent, combined with the 144.000, that have me questioning the "sealed fate" view.

No. The Bible is literal. There can be no repentance from having anything to do with the Beast, his mark, or the false prophet.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

14 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Worshipping ANYTHING or ANYONE other than the one True God is blashemy, Daze, and will earn one a one way ticket to hell.

Please back that up with scripture.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

That could be bad ((the worst possible)) news for billions of people TODAY.

14 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

No. The Bible is literal. There can be no repentance from having anything to do with the Beast, his mark, or the false prophet.

Somewhere in Revelation isn't it written the whole world is deceived ? 

Isn't that true already TODAY ? 

14 hours ago, Serving said:

I believe the image stands for the SYSTEM the people participate in framing and one they are WILIING to pledge allegiance to once they all agree .. and the mark is like the physical seal of their pledge which allows them to participate in their new 'global village' that 'they' think they have thought up for themselves (but the world's populations just can't make a new global system so somebody has to set the parameters for them, so it will probably be more like a multiple choice document sent out to all peoples where they are told, "tick box a, b or c" etc and the world's zombies will say, "look at what WE created" without realizing that the powers that be actually set the parameters anyways and the fools merely ticked box a or b etc .. but people are usually quite stupid that way and will think that they dreamt this up ..

I agree with your perception of the image.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  Whether those people acknowledge that they create it or not, they create it, probably as a part of the process of when people are lining up to receiving the mark.  Their continued obedience to the image is mandatory.

The question I have is whether God's judgment as demonstrated by the first four trumpets can cause people to realize the error of their decision to take the mark and repent.  I realize that those who take the mark and worship the image are the objects of the plagues.  I also realize that at some point people's hearts harden to the point of no repentance but that doesn't occur until some point well into the plagues.  If someone heeds God's judgment and discontinues worshipping the image, can they be forgiven and cease being the object of God's wrath?  The overwhelming consensus is "no repentance - damn them all to hell".  That seems to be more of an emotional response to me.  I haven't yet seen anything scriptural that precludes repentance during the first four trumpets.  Maybe I've missed something.

46 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

The only thing worse than setting someone up to fall is convincing them they can't get back up.

12 hours ago, ghtan said:

Maybe when they repent, God will make the mark disappear as a sign that he accepts them. Nothing is impossible with God.

And the 144,000 are there for a reason....

15 hours ago, Serving said:

Speaking of a system yet to be established/framed .. probably based on "democratic" principles where ALL the world has a "voice" .. It'd be a great way to get everybody "on board".

I agree.  And everyone becomes an enforcer, a policeman.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

13 hours ago, ghtan said:

I agree with LD that repentance should still be possible for unbelievers after taking the mark. What is the use of having the eternal gospel preached to the inhabitants of the earth (Rev 14:6) if unbelievers - most if not all of whom would have taken the mark by then - cannot repent and be saved? Maybe when they repent, God will make the mark disappear as a sign that he accepts them. Nothing is impossible with God. The story may be different though for believers who take the mark....

This is not Scriptural.  What do you base this belief on? 

39 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The only thing worse than setting someone up to fall is convincing them they can't get back up.

That is really not applcable here.  On what do you base your belief that, after taking the MOB, anyone can be saved?